Page 321 of 353 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    Quite frankly I don’t give a monkey’s ass what happens in Africa or India.I expect to get accurate numbers out of either of those countries about as much as I expect to get accurate numbers out of China. I’m far more concerned about the economy. The amount of government and state overreach.
    Last edited by Vic79; 04-07-20 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    How many years in a row do we need to have a virus coming out of China before we either understand that they are wildly irresponsible, or this is intentional?
    Nobody, including the WHO, who got burned by the Chinese are willing to say anything about all of this crap and to be honest, it's time for a balanced response from first World Nations.
    Plastic crap from WalMart and Cell Phones aren't worth all of this drama.
    China doing what they do best, lying:

The Chinese Government Has Convinced Its Citizens That the U.S. Army Brought Coronavirus to Wuhan

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/w...virus-to-wuhan
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Quite frankly I don’t give a monkey’s ass what happens in Africa or India.I expect to get accurate numbers out of either of those countries about as much as I expect to get accurate numbers out of China. I think I’m far more concerned about the economy. The amount of government and state overreach.
    People in government continue to spend money like drunken sailors on payday at every opportunity. I guess it doesn't matter to folks as long as they get their little $1200 check. At some point your income has to go to paying all your debts and you have nothing left for necessities. Then this becomes untenable and we will have to pay the reaper.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Quite frankly I don’t give a monkey’s ass what happens in Africa or India.I expect to get accurate numbers out of either of those countries about as much as I expect to get accurate numbers out of China. I think I’m far more concerned about the economy. The amount of government and state overreach.
    You missed the point. If it doesn't hit hard there, then we know we really didn't respond well to the virus. I think that is important information.

If you knew what this has done to my company, and how we are working still to get staff out of hard to travel from places. Then you would know that as much as I value human life, I am scared to death about the economy not just in the USA, but world wide since we are an international company.

I don't give a damn about losing money, I care about my staff and how they can provide for their families. When you roll the dice by being in business you know money comes and it can go. But for it to go to below zero, hurts big time and that is my fear. Because then I can take care my crew.

We also are starting to understand the world we had, just might not be the world we get post Corona.

So I want to watch places that have zero infrastructure, how it hits there.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    You know, if they put Chick-fil-A in charge of those drive thru testing centers, we probably could have had half the world's population tested by now.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    Stores limiting entry to X people at a time. The cure worse than the disease?

With tempers being short and nefarious individuals not being in short supply... Is is just me, or does anyone see a potential security threat with forcing up tp dozens of people to wait in a line next to a parking lot or sidewalk lining up to get in to a store? All said people in close proximity to each other? Now add that many places have people exiting right where people are waiting to enter? How many of these places are "gun free zones"?

Sorry, it's getting out of hand. I still like to go find fresh fruits and veggies once a week, but I'm not going play line up in a victim zone to do so. Be careful out there folks. More and more places are adding this crap. My new SOP is that if I pull into a parking lot and see a line, I leave.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    You missed the point. If it doesn't hit hard there, then we know we really didn't respond well to the virus. I think that is important information.

If you knew what this has done to my company, and how we are working still to get staff out of hard to travel from places. Then you would know that as much as I value human life, I am scared to death about the economy not just in the USA, but world wide since we are an international company.

I don't give a damn about losing money, I care about my staff and how they can provide for their families. When you roll the dice by being in business you know money comes and it can go. But for it to go to below zero, hurts big time and that is my fear. Because then I can take care my crew.

We also are starting to understand the world we had, just might not be the world we get post Corona.

So I want to watch places that have zero infrastructure, how it hits there
    It will separate media hysteria and agenda driven BS from all sides as to just how dangerous this virus is. Whether we can really extrapolate their experience to ours is another matter, and the variables and confounders will need to be parsed out.

The US has never been the same since the 08 crash, and there was a "new normal" after that which remains to this day.

This has the potential to be much bigger then that on all metrics, but is also very different event, so again, apples and oranges.

I tend to think that once people are really able to poke their head out from all this, maybe 6 months - 1 year, it will be closer to the end of WWII where there's a boom of babies, investing, etc. took place. New industries popping up, some going under, but a net boom. We are in WWIII currently, it's just the enemy is a small unseen thing, but I can't think of another time since WWII we faced a planet wide threat such as this (partially manufactured or not...), and I suspect people will respond in a similar fashion once over.

Now, what i wanna know is, how do we deal with China after all this?

F China.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post

With tempers being short and nefarious individuals not being in short supply... Is is just me, or does anyone see a potential security threat with forcing up tp dozens of people to wait in a line next to a parking lot or sidewalk lining up to get in to a store? All said people in close proximity to each other? Now add that many places have people exiting right where people are waiting to enter? How many of these places are "gun free zones"?

Sorry, it's getting out of hand. I still like to go find fresh fruits and veggies once a week, but I'm not going play line up in a victim zone to do so. Be careful out there folks. More and more places are adding this crap. My new SOP is that if I pull into a parking lot and see a line, I leave.
    HEB has been doing this for a while now and it has been working great. There is also a security presence in the parking lots from what I hear (I haven't been grocery shopping yet but know people who have).

Feedback Score

HEB has been doing this for a while now and it has been working great. There is also a security presence in the parking lots from what I hear (I haven't been grocery shopping yet but know people who have).

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I can't go into detail, but a national grocery chain contacted our company about providing crowd management services for this exact scenario. Basically, helping enforce a "one out, one in" line control sort of thing.

I honestly think it's a location by location thing as I haven't seen any grocery stores here in OK that have been completely inundated by crowds. I would suspect in other locations it's been far worse though.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 321 of 353 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast