Page 274 of 353 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,740 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Sounds like it’s time to start worrying less about the novel corona virus and start getting our economy back on track. We’ve “flattened the curve” (or at least delayed it) enough to get better preparations in place, so let’s start letting adults make adult decisions.
    We don't know if we've flattened the curve. Actually, I know we haven't. We'll have better data next Friday.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sandsunsurf View Post
    Sounds like it’s time to start worrying less about the novel corona virus and start getting our economy back on track.
    Fatalities are a poor measure of the possible danger. If hospitalization rates outpace hospital beds the fatality rate will skyrocket.

Until we have more data on infection rates, hospitalization rates, and the possible treatments, it's a huge roll of the dice to just stop mitigation.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Things that caused intubation and/or death my last shift:

Drugs
    Suicide attempt by drugs
    Drugs
    Motorcycling helmet-less
    Being a passenger on a motorcycle, also sans helmet

Gentle reminder: while COVID19 is bad for you, please stop doing dumb shit. And get a helmet. And one for your girlfriend.

COVID19 is to other causes of mortality/morbidity as a gun is to a fire extinguisher.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    We don't know if we've flattened the curve. Actually, I know we haven't. We'll have better data next Friday.
    That is likely correct. [fingers crossed]
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    https://time.com/5811222/wuhan-coronavirus-death-toll/

Time magazine reporting on how Wuhan handling families picking up deceased cremation urns, Govt controlling and pressuring (abstract)

Rhode Island May employ NG to go door to door looking for New Yorkers to quarantine (abstract)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...3?srnd=premium

Feedback Score
    Deleted... im an idiot and cant read.

Italy is, by my calculations, seeing a 50% increase in their death rate. That is not insignificant.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 03-28-20 at 22:13.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Things that caused intubation and/or death my last shift:

Drugs
    Suicide attempt by drugs
    Drugs
    Motorcycling helmet-less
    Being a passenger on a motorcycle, also sans helmet

Gentle reminder: while COVID19 is bad for you, please stop doing dumb shit. And get a helmet. And one for your girlfriend.

COVID19 is to other causes of mortality/morbidity as a gun is to a fire extinguisher.
    This. There are SOOOOO many other things that are more dangerous than the novel corona virus. I’m on mobile and honestly don’t feel like wasting the time, but we are lower than the imagined curve-of-death that we all saw two weeks ago. For sure. So good job for us, and now it’s time to quit worrying so much.

Thousands of people die every day from smoking, obesity and drunk driving, yet we don’t give a sh!t. For Christ’s sake, more people die from suicide by gunshot than COVID-19, yet here we are on a pro-gun forum contemplating surrendering constitutional rights to freedom of interstate movement and unlawful search and seizure, and we are going to do that because of the deaths of a few hundred people in a country of 350 million? Yep, many of those people are good, healthy people. And those same good healthy people might die because of a drunk driver going the wrong way on a freeway. It’s not fair, I get it. But we are screwing millions of people because of the risk of death for a few. Dumb. I’m over it.

Feedback Score
    Wait....

Right now we are at the equivalent of the ocean drawing back from the shore before the wave comes.

Wait...

For a week and a month.

I’m not in the ‘end of the world’ camp, but it is going to be bad. We’ve been through the Fake War and we are due for our Hurtgen Forest.

We will win this war, but we are going to fill some body bags first.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 03-28-20 at 23:26.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm still amazed at the comparisons to motorcycle accidents drunk drivers and poor nutrition

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'm still amazed at the comparisons to motorcycle accidents drunk drivers and poor nutrition
    Why? More people have been shot and killed in Nevada in the past days than have died from COVID-19. Drunk driving and murder are willful, COVID-19 is bad luck AND the VAST majority of people will survive. So why be amazed? It’s insane that we are willfully destroying lives for an extremely low risk situation.

Rob Pincus taught this: train every day for the probable, train enough for the possible (getting robbed), and every now and then train for the plausible (home invasion while my dominate arm is in a cast).

We are changing the nation’s course for the plausible (maybe worst case 0.2% die from COVID-19) and forgetting about the probable (95% have irreversible economic effects and millions become homeless and tens of thousands commit suicide or die from other economic causes).

Page 274 of 353 FirstFirst ... 174224264272273274275276284324 ... LastLast