Page 304 of 353 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,040 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    So, people are going to hospitals in NYC and LA to see the "war zone" and it's crickets. Not totally sure what to make of that but one would expect more activity from a city supposedly overwhelmed by covid. What are those in the med biz seeing in their own AO? If fabricated BS, also going to be up to ciitizen types to show otherwise as people will not likely believe the media at this point:

As I said in the other thread.

"So all the Medical professionals are in on some conspiracy? They are lying about what is happening in the hospitals?

This kind of crap is just beyond stupid. It is on the level of 9/11 truthers and People who claim the Moon landing is a Hoax.

It relies on a lack of understanding on how Hospitals are operating right now.

Elective surgeries and all minor procedures have been halted. Anything not directly related to urgent needs is being put off to free up resources for the people who are in need.

Just because some conspiracy theorist say it is so, doesn't make it reality."
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    As I said in the other thread.

"So all the Medical professionals are in on some conspiracy? They are lying about what is happening in the hospitals?

This kind of crap is just beyond stupid. It is on the level of 9/11 truthers and People who claim the Moon landing is a Hoax.

It relies on a lack of understanding on how Hospitals are operating right now.

Elective surgeries and all minor procedures have been halted. Anything not directly related to urgent needs is being put off to free up resources for the people who are in need.

Just because some conspiracy theorist say it is so, doesn't make it reality
    ."
    I claimed no such thing...

Media claimed long lines waiting to be tested at those specific locations, nadda for lines when people walked to look yet vid from media showed lines.

No ambulances coming and going.

Women claims long lines for testing on the news, freaks out when someone checks it and it's nadda for lines.

etc, etc

That's interesting enough to me to ask in anyone has seen similar, what others are seeing experiencing as med pros in their AO, and suggest it will also need to be citizen types who counter that vs media for obvious reasons.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Yes. One of the theories why it killed mostly younger people is because a decade before (I don't remember the exact time frame) a less deadly version of that strain came through and many people survived and built antibodies. So when this came through the older people already had, at least partial, immunity to it
    If you have Amazon Prime there is a 55 minute documentary called "Influenza of 1918". Well worth the time. The previous flu you mention was in like the very late 1800's, so folks who were, say, in their 50's or so in 1918 had supposedly developed antibodies from that flu 20 or so years earlier. That and the fact that the Spanish Flu was the embodiment of cytokine storm where young, healthy immune systems went into overdrive and killed them.

The Spanish Flu came in three waves, with the second one being the most deadly.

One odd thing was that pregnant women had a high-as-hell mortality rate from the 1918 pandemic.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Based on what I've heard the case investigations are from people trying to flog them on the medical/gov market and getting states to bid against each other.

One guy in California mentioned had hundreds of thousands of medical supplies in a warehouse.

To get investigated you normally had to be in clear predatory pricing behavior (bidding wars) and not be a typical large scale supplier. IE: the garage worker managed to buy up large quantities of medical supplies and was now trying to flog them, that was pretty suspect. Are you even large-scale providers can get call if they are trying to take advantage of the circumstance. Telling States they need to bid a higher cuz another state was beating them is an EZ pass to get on the radar

One guy was called after he told a questioning officer he was positive and threatened to cough on him. So he was subsequently investigated and found to be large-scale hoarding.

I've not seen any cases surface where a normal family with a normal quantity was impacted.
    I could honestly turn a blind eye to a little police brutality on that POS. Face-plant onto the floor REALLY hard. "Go ahead and cough now, you'll be spitting blood and teeth asshole".
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I claimed no such thing...

Media claimed long lines waiting to be tested at those specific locations, nadda for lines when people walked to look yet vid from media showed lines.

No ambulances coming and going.

Women claims long lines for testing on the news, freaks out when someone checks it and it's nadda for lines.

etc, etc

That's interesting enough to me to ask in anyone has seen similar, what others are seeing experiencing as med pros in their AO, and suggest it will also need to be citizen types who counter that vs media for obvious reasons.
    Lol was that “doctor” who was spouting SJW talking points wearing a painting mask? This is getting ridiculous.

Feedback Score
    So, people are going to hospitals in NYC and LA to see the "war zone" and it's crickets. Not totally sure what to make of that but one would expect more activity from a city supposedly overwhelmed by covid. What are those in the med biz seeing in their own AO? If fabricated BS, also going to be up to ciitizen types to show otherwise as people will not likely believe the media at this point:

The wicked witch of the web that shows up in my preview of that vid was at a Orthopedic center. I wouldn't expect there to be a rush there. About the last place that would be used, It looks like small clinic?

Wife's hospital ran out of vents last night, here in CO. Had to get some from another hospital. Not exactly Corona central here.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The wicked witch of the web that shows up in my preview of that vid was at a Orthopedic center. I wouldn't expect there to be a rush there. About the last place that would be used, It looks like small clinic?

Wife's hospital ran out of vents last night, here in CO. Had to get some from another hospital. Not exactly Corona central here.
    Not possible. Your wife must be lying. A Youtube video told me it is all false.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Saw the posts on masks and made me think of this link Will Brink shared with us.

Professor Kim Woo-joo from Korea University Guro Hospital discussing COVID-19

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Yes, poor debate form on my part. I though he was just being obtuse and I answered it with that level of unserious in return. Bold is my better answer below.

Then you probably agree with the idea that homemade or non fitted masks won't make much difference in protecting yourself fully from an airborne virus.

Keep the social distance, and someone wearing a mask (any mask) will be a little less likely to spread it.

Don't think you can be significantly or totally safe just because you have a "medical" mask
    I think as you pointed out people are going to be doing dozens of other things to catch the virus than just wearing a mask. They go to the grocery store and finger fondle a pack of paper towels (even wearing gloves) someone else handled and touch the thin piece of cotton covering their face? Their chances of catching it went up. They touch a door handle someone infected used and don't wash their hands? Their chances went up. They receive a package from Amazon where someone working a warehouse that's infected coughed all over their goods?

I could go on. Regardless, I think we both can agree that a city government telling it's citizens to wear a thin piece of cotton over their face gives them a false sense of security over the spread of the virus. Especially since this whole thing has become so politically charged that they'll ignore what those dastardly racist Republicans tell them about social distancing. Or those stupid Democrats are overreacting.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    My wife, who is a trauma RN, has a close friend at a hospital over in Farmington, New Mexico, right on the edge of the Navajo Reservation. That hospital has 150 beds, 86 patients right now, 11 COVID-19 positive patients and three of those are intubated. They have done over 550 tests, and still 140 or so are pending results. That hospital has cut hours of many employees because they are not doing elective procedures. That hospital has devoted it's entire 4th floor for COVID patients.

I am not surprised hospitals are looking empty because non-emergency stuff are not being handled right now.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 304 of 353 FirstFirst ... 204254294302303304305306314 ... LastLast