Page 278 of 353 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    A very good friend of mine is a nurse in an ICU in Dallas that is dealing with exclusively positive or presumed positive patients. We spoke yesterday evening and it scared the shit out of me.

I’m not going to get into it, the math is still the math, but hearing about the condition of lungs in those deemed “recovered” puts butterflies into my stomach. I’m definitely going to double down on precautions for my next grocery store trip in a few days.
    Everyone focuses on the deaths. The deaths are bad enough, the morbidity - not dead yet- is something very real and not really talked about.

We are at the hand-job stage before the full-bore gang-bang orgy, and if you don't get f'd, you got a good chance of catching something for the rest of your life. That clear enough analogy for some people?
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 03-29-20 at 12:46.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    A very good friend of mine is a nurse in an ICU in Dallas that is dealing with exclusively positive or presumed positive patients. We spoke yesterday evening and it scared the shit out of me.

I’m not going to get into it, the math is still the math, but hearing about the condition of lungs in those deemed “recovered” puts butterflies into my stomach. I’m definitely going to double down on precautions for my next grocery store trip in a few days.
    I've mentioned this before, the lung/organ damage of the survivors is of more concern than the death rate but for some it's death rate, DEATH RATE, death rate and nothing but death rate with a little not as bad as flu thrown in.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I've mentioned this before, the lung/organ damage of the survivors is of more concern than the death rate but for some it's death rate, DEATH RATE, death rate and nothing but death rate with a little not as bad as flu thrown in.
    Not really concerned about organ damage. We don't know if it's permanent or how bad it is. We do know that death is permanent

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I didn't even know young people died from the flu except for maybe some freak occurrence once in awhile. I didn't think anyone but really old or very sick died. Had you asked me in 2019 how many people I think die every flu season is guess upwards of a thousand when it's really bad
    If anything good comes out of this it will be

1) We are better prepared for another pandemic and have a ready to go plan of action
    2) People wash their damn hands
    3) People realize how dangerous the flu can be and get their flu shots

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Not really concerned about organ damage. We don't know if it's permanent or how bad it is. We do know that death is permanent
    Interesting perspective, because as a health care worker, I'm not concerned about death because, well, as you put it, death is death. It is the organ damage and long-term sequelae yhat will keep me in business and people out of jobs as their level of disability increases. I said many posts ago that the death rate makes good headlines, but it really doesn't matter for health care, the people who are going to inundate the healthcare system now, and who be long-term patients, those are the patients of which there is the most concern.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Interesting perspective, because as a health care worker, I'm not concerned about death because, well, as you put it, death is death. It is the organ damage and long-term sequelae yhat will keep me in business and people out of jobs as their level of disability increases. I said many posts ago that the death rate makes good headlines, but it really doesn't matter for health care, the people who are going to inundate the healthcare system now, and who be long-term patients, those are the patients of which there is the most concern.
    There's that too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    If anything good comes out of this it will be

1) We are better prepared for another pandemic and have a ready to go plan of action
    2) People wash their damn hands
    3) People realize how dangerous the flu can be and get their flu shots
    No really, we wont, promise you in a better day this will all be forgotten like 9/11.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Jan 11, 2017
    “Fauci: ‘No doubt’ Trump will face surprise infectious disease outbreak”

https://www.healio.com/infectious-di...sease-outbreak

Interesting read.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As cases continue to climb and folks start to take Social Distancing and "State Lockdowns" more seriously, among all the negativity, I do want to commend to the ultimate community outreach that has always happened as America/ns go trough hardships and rough times collectively.

It's not very often we are brought together in such ways, but in all extreme circumstances in my life so far, I have seen division fade, albeit temporarily and selective, for unity to rise.

Being a work at home in the Health Insurance Industry, this isn't a huge life change for me beyond going shopping or public places less (have't gone to a store in almost two weeks now). But for some of you all going through he hard times, layoffs, "furloughs", unemployment, etc. Hang in there.

Nonetheless, while I haven't been able to read this topic all the way back, the last 30 pages or so have been quite informative and eye opening of the different regional impacts.

Stay safe out there M4Cers.
    Last edited by HeruMew; 03-29-20 at 14:06.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    One thing about it, people have sought out entertainment during these times of lockdown. Netflix, Disney +, Amazon and other streaming services are booming. One thing I found a little neat was the marble racing on YouTube.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/mar...ts-espn-origin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJ...WVOLgGT9fIzL0g

An autistic kid from the Netherlands started posting up videos a few years ago with marble racing and it's taken off during the CV situation. Betting sites are even taking bets on it now. I just find it amazing we are still able to finds ways of entertainment "sports" wise during these times.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Page 278 of 353 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast