Page 102 of 353 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    It's not spinning wheels, it's epidemiology. This is what they do, run statistical models frequently with all the numbers. I do totally and completely agree that the lack of useful, timely, and truthful information from China has everyone scratching their head about this thing.

As for China, I thought the spread in Wuhan now is at zero? I thought I read that in the last day or two, but I can't say for certain.

At the end of the day, epidemiology is a little more than like forecasting the weather 2 weeks away. The spread is so wide in the conclusions, and the closer you get to the target date the narrower of the spread becomes and the more meaningful the data.
    As far as info regular people can use to make real time decisions, it's of no value. It's of value to public health officials who also understand the realities of how dynamic it is, and the variables involved. People posting about it being X in Iran and Y in Korea, and asking why the differences, perhaps don't understand how little utility it has to them.

I country with very similar demographics, medical infrastructure, size, etc. giving quality real time data could generate some useful info.

We know the type of virus, we know it's clinical profile and behavior, we know who it's most dangerous to, etc.

For the average person, look at ever changing numbers coming from various countries is spinning wheels in my view.

Your mileage may differ.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-07-20 at 15:17.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    As far as info regular people can use to make real time decisions, it's of no value. It's of value to public health officials who also understand the realities of how dynamic it is, and the variables involved. People posting about it being X in Iran and Y in Korea, and asking why the differences, perhaps don't understand how little utility it has to them.

I country with very similar demographics, medical infrastructure, size, etc. giving quality real time data could generate some useful info.
    But it does: these masks work, these don't; droplet precautions, not airborne; washing hands is key. Plus that data has hastened establishment of testing in 40 states.

The data are there, what people choose to do with it, that's on them. Plus people (not you) want to argue with data, saying "but X in China" and "but the flu". People are becoming self-proclaimed experts.

Quality real-time data is being put out by almost every health care institution and the CDC. But people want an injection, a medication, and a silver bullet.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    But it does: these masks work, these don't; droplet precautions, not airborne; washing hands is key. Plus that data has hastened establishment of testing in 40 states.

The data are there, what people choose to do with it, that's on them. Plus people (not you) want to argue with data, saying "but X in China" and "but the flu". People are becoming self-proclaimed experts.

Quality real-time data is being put out by almost every health care institution and the CDC. But people want an injection, a medication, and a silver bullet.

All that's been known since minute however once the virus type identified. Nothing has actually changed since that time, nor will it I suspect.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    You seem to want to be afraid
    No, but I have been tracking this since early January. I'm no expert, but I have been learning more about it.
    I was actually hoping that we would have locked down travel from China two weeks earlier than we did. We didin't and now we're paying the price.

Feedback Score
    Sadly I doubt our country will learn from this and bring back manufacturing of all kinds including going around the world securing resources needed for tech to medical etc.... screw the rest of em with bashing the US and allowing China to control it all over the world as they do now

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    All that's been known since minute however once the virus type identified. Nothing has actually changed since that time, nor will it I suspect.
    NM. We'll declare a modus vivendi and move on.
    Last edited by chuckman; 03-07-20 at 16:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    No, but I have been tracking this since early January. I'm no expert, but I have been learning more about it.
    I was actually hoping that we would have locked down travel from China two weeks earlier than we did. We didin't and now we're paying the price.
    Every post you keep trying to play it up and declare the sky is falling. Remember, the real experts are more worried about the economics than the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Remember, the real experts are more worried about the economics than the virus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just booked a flight to Hawaii for under $500.

I gotta vacation more when people are loosing their minds.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Police-enforced quarantine hits Calif. residential block after man’s coronavirus death

https://www.wibw.com/content/news/-P...UMIIpAtRoY-sqM
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    Italy Plans Large-Scale Lockdown in Country’s North to Fight Coronavirus

https://www.wsj.com/articles/italy-p...us-11583613874

The Italian government is planning to lock down 16 million people—more than a quarter of its population—including in Milan, the surrounding Lombardy region and 11 neighboring provinces, in the most sweeping steps any European country has prepared to take against the coronavirus epidemic.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Page 102 of 353 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast