Page 113 of 353 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't like how some want to downplay this, guess what if you fall into the 80% who are likely to experience mild or no symptoms more power to you, but if you are in the higher risk 20% category all the feel good stories about "it's just the flu bro" are not going to make you feel better.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I don't like how some want to downplay this, guess what if you fall into the 80% who are likely to experience mild or no symptoms more power to you, but if you are in the higher risk 20% category all the feel good stories about "it's just the flu bro" are not going to make you feel better.
    Thank God we’re finally acknowledging that 80% of the people infected have little to no symptoms and can probably go on about their day-to-day life with little or no effect. God it feels good just to get that out there so people stop freaking.

Now those who are 65+ with chronic health conditions yeah you could be in a bit of a bind. But the flu can also kill you just as easily or falling in the shower. Now if you’re 55 years old and have been a pack a day smoker for the last 35 years you could also be in a bit of a bind. That’s called life choices coming back to get you. It is unfortunate that the covid-19 is taking out The older population but that’s just how shit works.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Which means we should really focus the resources and attention on that 20% vs freaking everyone out with hyperbole and conspiracies (general statement, not directed at you), which results in those who are legit at high risk less likely to get the assistance they need. If you're not in that 20% (I actually am due to pre existing lung damage), then calm down. Wash hands, do not touch your face until you know you're hands are clean (much harder than it sounds we touch our face 90+ times per day without noticing ), be vigilant about use of keeping surfaces clean. Avoid crowded places for some times until it's under control. Worry/focus on other things like grabbing some great deals on stocks and such.

Among that 20%, rate of severe complications and perhaps death, is higher than the typical flu, but as we can see, numbers are quite different dependent on the demographics of the country.

I have raised my own behavior to to burnt orange in vigilance to avoid getting this virus, but the fact remains, the human responses are more dangerous then the virus.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 03-10-20 at 11:36.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    It isn't just the flu, bro, at least not yet. The flu kills tens of thousands of elderly in the US alone every year. Corona has killed 20-30 so far? Health professional are doing what they can to prevent corona being the annual killer that the flu is. Deep breath...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic79 View Post
    Thank God we’re finally acknowledging that 80% of the people infected have little to no symptoms and can probably go on about their day-to-day life with little or no effect. God it feels good just to get that out there so people stop freaking.

Now those who are 65+ with chronic health conditions yeah you could be in a bit of a bind. But the flu can also kill you just as easily or falling in the shower. Now if you’re 55 years old and have been a pack a day smoker for the last 35 years you could also be in a bit of a bind. That’s called life choices coming back to get you. It is unfortunate that the covid-19 is taking out The older population but that’s just how shit works.
    It's a start!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    Ditto this. The ones that it is hitting the hardest are the ones who we need to be most concerned about. But honestly, something just isn't sitting right with all this Covid 19 outbreak stuff with me. I really can't put my finger on it. It's like they... the people in charge... know something more is coming with it, but want people to accept what they are saying about it being nothing. China apparently is keeping the truth of their situation as quiet as they can. It makes me wonder if the initial onset of the disease is just the beginning of something worse. The total freak out of what is happening with countries on complete lock downs, bum rushing the stores on goods, etc. vs it being a "cold" is in the realm of an unreal response by people all the way around. The whole situation is weird.
    Absolutely, it’s a bunch of unknowns, with little info. People fear the unknown so I feel that can explain some of it.

I am in the camp of people who aren’t changing my day to day life except for washing hands more.

I already had preps for 8 months to a year for each person/animal in my household, so I didn’t need to change anything there.

I don’t trust China, we should totally shut them out and not just for COVID-19. But that’s not gonna happen.

It’s likely that a good percentage of folks have or have had COVID-19 here in the USA, this cold and flu season was brutal, it’s liekly been here for a while just not aware of it or testing for it.

My father and mother in law are 75+ years of age and mother in law has PE conditions, so it is prudent of them to stock up and limit their time out in public risking infection.

I am not writing it off by any means, I’m staying on top of any info I can get my hands on and being proactive on how this may affect us, which for someone like me who is young with a young family is more of an economic scare than anything else.

I’ve tightened up the budget and am saving more so if things get tough financially we are as best prepared as possible.

I’ve got food, TP, water, bullets and firearms bulging at the seams, so I’m not concerned with that.

It’s pretty easy to make my own hand sanitizer, so not worried there either.

It is all odd and not much makes sense right now. Time will tell.
    Last edited by THCDDM4; 03-10-20 at 12:22.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    to continue on with the weirdness and so called over response to this low key virus, New York has now deployed the National Guard...???

Remember, this is just the beginning of the virus starting to show up here in the USA...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-days/2319688/
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    How can you tell which sick person needs the test?
    Doctors diagnose and treat illness, that's what they do.

Example: Last month my wife had a cough and began running a low grade fever. After examination the doctor determined that she likely had pneumonia. She got a chest x-ray and a few minutes later it was confirmed. Doctor prescribed an antibiotic and cough medicine. In a few days she was feeling better. Did she need a corona test? It would have been one less test for someone who's doctor was having difficulty diagnosing an illness and suspected the possibility of corona. And like we talked about earlier, there's a limited supply of corona tests at this time.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 03-10-20 at 12:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    to continue on with the weirdness and so called over response to this low key virus, New York has now deployed the National Guard...???

Remember, this is just the beginning of the virus starting to show up here in the USA...

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...-days/2319688/
    Yeah, the media has really got them wound up! Wait, you don’t think the government knows more than what they’re telling the media? Sadly we will probably never know the truth about any of this.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-ne...8Xo0TqlCRhPgI/

Georgia preparing park for isolating patients exposed to coronavirus

State officials are preparing Hard Labor Creek State Park in Morgan County for isolating and monitoring patients who may have been exposed to the disease caused by the coronavirus, Gov. Brian Kemp announced Monday.

The government has already installed seven emergency trailers there and other related materials are on the way. Georgia’s Department of Public Safety will provide security once the site is set up.

“Officials are utilizing an isolated section of Hard Labor Creek State Park where emergency trailers and operations will be separated from the rest of the property,” Kemp’s office said. “To prevent the disruption of ongoing operations, access to this specific part of Hard Labor Creek State Park is strictly limited to official use.”

Page 113 of 353 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast