Page 162 of 353 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    The flu kills more people and does it year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dude it doesn't matter how many people the flu kills, Covid-19 is shutting down whole countries, when was he last time the flu did that? And for whats it worth we don't have the final count on how many will die and when this will end.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 03-15-20 at 08:42.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think many people’s point is that we are numb to the havoc the flu creates in that we have essentially accepted it and named a ‘season’ after it.
    Is the SARS-CoV-2 bad? Yep.
    Is it disrupting the whole world? Yep
    Is a lot of the problem being driven by panic and media? From my local perspective and what I do see/read on the news, yep.

I have a cousin in FL, who was convinced yesterday that the clouds he saw were chem trails for a vaccine. Like someone else said, no wonder the GOV wouldn’t tell society if they really had found aliens.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Humans like order and organization, we like calendars and clocks, we like time lines and seasons.

We are comparing this to the flu because we have to. We have to put everything in context because it's how our little brains work.

In reality, this is not the flu, and we cannot compare it to the flu. We cannot compare the numbers of infected the numbers of mortality the numbers of quarantine. This is an entirely different thing and it stands alone.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Humans like order and organization, we like calendars and clocks, we like time lines and seasons.

We are comparing this to the flu because we have to. We have to put everything in context because it's how our little brains work.

In reality, this is not the flu, and we cannot compare it to the flu. We cannot compare the numbers of infected the numbers of mortality the numbers of quarantine. This is an entirely different thing and it stands alone.
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post

CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/woman...ign=benshapiro

I know this isn’t what some of you doomsdayer’s want to hear, but maybe we are not all dead just yet.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I don't think anyone is looking at the risk of catching it and dying. That's never been the risk. The risk is that we can catch it, be asymptomatic, and give it to someone who IS at risk, and if we do that, there can be exponential growth of patients in the hospital.

I'm not worried about having it. In fact, I would welcome the 10 days or two weeks of quarantine. But I am worried about getting it and passing it to my mother-in-law and some of the older folks that I know who are at risk.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Cause the Pentagon does this all the time for the flu right?
    Yes, so now the pentagon and specifically the army has been snookered by the media onslaught. Don't think so.

I know as fact this is impacting deployments and return from deployments. With the big xCOMs in disagreement with each other on what should happen.

I know soldiers who were left standing on runways with dufflebags as their rotational deployment is now in question. Which is creating huge impact in the army and for them, as they cleared out of housing, put belongings in storage, etc.

This is unprecedented and I have to think the Army would be blind to media emotion and have their own ground truth from intel. Then again, the head of EURCOM and staff was exposed, as was SOUTHCOM head and staff.

Likewise, even Norway closed its borders. They are extremely pragmatic. This will have huge impact economically. It would not have done this lightly.

Then look at what the rest of Europe has done. France has now closed bars and restaurants. Guarantee you that decision was not made lightly.

I don't know what the impact of the infection will be. But for the world to be doing what they're doing makes me think something is up.

I'm in the Atlanta area. It's here, it's in our schools. Which means its everywhere. It's just a matter of time.

It's clear to me the CDC screwed up hugely, especially on the position on testing and the flawed tests.

Yes, people are silly making the run on supermarkets in such...

But the scope and depth of the response is making me think this is either one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetuated or that the risk is pretty high to justify the response.

I hope this is a non-event locally from a disease perspective. But it's already going to have large impact economically.

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Because a 1:10 diluted bleach solution kills virus.
    If they have it get HTH from a swimming pool supply store and make your own.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just don't understand the mentality of those who can look at the world reaction to this and then want to downplay how serious this is. This truly is unprecedented, I fully expect domestic travel restrictions to be imposed soon, like already said so many times this is not the flu.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 162 of 353 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast