Page 225 of 353 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    Same in my area...surprised me how many people were out and about besides the grocery store.
    Yep, same here. I just feel that with my healthcare job that I'm screwed anyway, so if I need something I go and get it (like a carryout pizza and gas for instance, even a quick stop at Dollar General).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    We all know that no state only has two infections, if there are two then that just means only two have tested positive. Glad to see he is not for a national quarantine though, hopefully we get this whole testing debacle figured out and that will help get things back to normal faster.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in...?ocid=msedgntp

Article mainly states that we have passed the point of containment and will only test if it affects outcomes (i.e. how to treat). It will be for healthcare workers and the very sick. Everyone else that has the symptoms is to assume they have it and quarantine.

So scared Suzie Soccertwat and her minivan full of kids ain't getting tested "just to be safe" or because one of the little crumb-snatchers has a runny nose.

Having said that, if you are in the "special" class of citizens I'm sure you will still be able to get tested. The famous, the rich, and the politically connected are whom I speak of.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    We are only testing those assumed positive. Is it to pad stats? It would seem we’d want to know for research purposes true numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    West Virginia is still not locked down but the unscheduled news conference tonight had me thinking other wise. Ive put myself and my 5 month expecting wife on lock down in our apartment we just moved into from Virginia. The only traveling she is doing is to the State police dispatch center where she works as a dispatcher. Unfortunally i picked one hell of a time to switch jobs and now with out one. Im the one going out to the gas station and stores that are way out of the way to stay away from any major population. I look like a damn CDC worker every time i get out of my damn car n95 mask, gloves. Even got my damn gas mask ready to go if need be. This shit is blowing my damn mind. I bought all of my gear as a just in case type situation but never in my wildest dreams did i think it would happen in my life time. Much less with a child on the way. The local population in my area are in the mind set there's not many cases in the state yet so every thing is ok. People playing grab ass in the stores, people having parties down the road. People complaining there's no bread (when there's flour and yeast in the baking isle), Toliet paper (when they walk by a full shelf of napkins) no one covering their faces, kids running around rubbing their faces playing on the floor etc. Every cart i see is filled with perishables when there's a ton of canned goods. And yet i'm the one who gets the strange looks.
    DEATH SMILES AT US ALL, ALL WE CAN DO IS SMILE BACK

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I'm in the camp, too, of this virus being spread around well before they publicly announced cases in the US. Starting around early FEB a lot of 'illness' started going around here that wasn't typical cold/flu and people weren't popping the normal tests as positive.

All 5 of us (2 adult 3 kids) got sick but didn't get the wet sinus issues I normally get. My wife had a fever/aches/cough for 4-5 days. Daughter was sick with fever and some dry coughing about a week earlier. None of us had the green/yellow snot I normally experience when I catch a bug. My wife even called the local hospital hotline to see if she should be tested, and was denied for not meeting the criteria.

If there are two strains with one being pretty bad and a mild second strain I think there is a possibility the mild strain already went around or is still going around. Whatever was going around here wasn't horrible but a few days of body aches/fever with a little longer period of coughing. When I get a cold I get some of that but also the green/yellow snot, sinus pressure, and end up coughing up lung butter for a week. None of us ever had much if any wet sinus/lung congestion/production. My normal cold progression is something like scratchy/sore throat/sneezing and then the wet thick congestion/body aches/fever kick in.

Of course this is all just Internet forum speculation but I've been reading literally all over now with people posting online/through social media about the same symptoms going around for the last couple of months, and people with negative flu tests.

When testing ramps up to tens of thousands per week I think we'll find a lot of people already have this virus. The numbers will skyrocket which most people will think means the virus is spreading but the testing has been so limited theres a ton out there who are infected being denied testing right now. The whole self quarantine for 2 weeks thing didn't start until a couple of weeks ago.

I just don't think the known factual timeline of when this virus appeared to now in late March there only being cases in the thousands in the US. A ton of Chinese people live on the west coast, and the Chinese New Year celebrations which still went on meant a lot of Chinese people moving around the world. Thats about when 'the illness' started impacting people around here and what we went through at home earlier in the month. https://chinesenewyear.net has the timeline for the Chinese New Year celebrations which were from 17JAN-08FEB. How many Chinese people with residency in the US flew back to China to visit family and came back with a virus?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...-powers-140023

“In one of the documents, the department proposed that Congress grant the attorney general power to ask the chief judge of any district court to pause court proceedings “whenever the district court is fully or partially closed by virtue of any natural disaster, civil disobedience, or other emergency situation.”

The proposal would also grant those top judges broad authority to pause court proceedings during emergencies. It would apply to “any statutes or rules of procedure otherwise affecting pre-arrest, post-arrest, pre-trial, trial, and post-trial procedures in criminal and juvenile proceedings and all civil process and proceedings,” according to draft legislative language the department shared with Congress. In making the case for the change, the DOJ document wrote that individual judges can currently pause proceedings during emergencies, but that their proposal would make sure all judges in any particular district could handle emergencies “in a consistent manner.”

It will be interesting to see where this goes...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Absolutely. The "essential personnel" list is rather large. It's like a tree that branches out as you consider what it takes to make X,Y, or Z happen and none of them can be done without. OTR truckers too (although I despise them on the interstate! ).
    And when we start to run out of spare parts for things? It’s not just hospitals that run on just in time inventory.

What are we gonna do with the prisons? Let the minimum security guys just all run free?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    And when we start to run out of spare parts for things? It’s not just hospitals that run on just in time inventory.

What are we gonna do with the prisons? Let the minimum security guys just all run free?
    That's why in earlier posts I stated that the power needs to stay on and the water continue to run when you turn on the spigot. Hence my comment about the "tree" of "essential personnel" being rather large. Wasn't just referring to hospital-related stuff.

I really don't give two shits about convicted prisoners in this pandemic. Don't care what happens to them quite frankly. They are dead LAST on my list of concerns for well-being.
    Last edited by ABNAK; 03-21-20 at 20:02.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

I really don't give two shits about convicted prisoners in this pandemic. Don't care what happens to them quite frankly. They are dead LAST on my list of concerns for well-being.
    What about guys locked up for a 30rd PMag in a ban state? Are they disposable? Can Emperor Cuomo use them as slave labor to make his hand sanitizer?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post

Iran had to basically empty their prisons.

Page 225 of 353 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast