Page 273 of 353 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,730 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've noticed a huge increase of California license plates here, and it's not harvest season.

People trying to escape the hot spots are going to spread it far and wide for sure.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Not sure if it has been posted but I find this tracking site much easier to read. Allows you to see the day before, by country, and then by state as well.
    My Sister who's a California liberal moved temporarily to NY.
    The virus reared its head, warned her about it in February, she poo-poo'ed it as "it's just the flu".
    She's living in southern Utah now, potentially spreading this stuff wherever she been, gone and will go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Constitution. What exactly was passed that was unconstitutional? Specifically what Massey was standing up against?

To be clear, I have mixed feelings about the bill.

Edit after reading his tweet:
    Fair point on the constitution requiring them to vote on bills. Not sure its specific enough to say you must meet by X hours, etc.

But the rest of his commentary, while I agree with it, is not a constitutional issue.

The bill should be focused on clear emergency measures. It's not, and both Republicans and Democrats are to blame for that.

The root cause is lobbyists and special interest groups. they would argue they represent constituents. And in that aspect the Democrats might have a little bit of high ground over the Republicans listening to industry lobbyists. At the least the special interest groups do sort of represent some constituents, maybe not the majority though.

Likewise I could see some industry focused relief for airlines and hotels. But I'm not sure it should be the leading item in a bill like this. And I'm a hundred percent in alignment with Trump that it should not be used for things like stock BuyBacks and others. The industries and big business are complicit and that kind of behavior.
    Whether I agree, or am educated well enough to speak on the constitutionality of such a bill or not, I applaud anyone who is willing to stand up against the entirety of congress when;

In one "vote" that wasn't actually a vote, we passed a bill, that without reducing any spending anywhere, or adding tax revenue from anywhere, added as much to the national debt as it took us over 200 years as a nation to do. History tends to look favorably on those who say "slow down, what exactly are we doing here?"

Those that are being hounded by their base and friends at Goldman(which handily includes both parties atm,) or who are so reliant on keeping bubbles going in an illusion of economic growth for their reelection, don't listen to those voices.

Chicken Little's rule the day. Republicans have almost universally joined the democrats in voting for a dubious spending bill that spent more in one moment than the first ten year's of the Affordable Care Act. It's a cash grab for cronies on a level never before seen in this country.

I hope it works and salvages my portfolio...it damn sure better considering what it's going to mean for us as a country.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 03-28-20 at 17:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    He's gotta be talking about PaO2, not Sp02.
    Okay, whats the difference?

This was when my daughter was swimming, so she had monster aerobic capacity.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Covid Tsar, Dr Fauci et al Concedes Covid-19 May Be Just a Bad Flu With a Fatality Rate of 0.1%

On Thursday Dr. Fauci co-authored a report on the coronavirus in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The report, entitled “Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted”, was co-authored by Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., H. Clifford Lane, M.D., and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

Here’s a direct quote from that report:

“If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2“

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Covid Tsar, Dr Fauci et al Concedes Covid-19 May Be Just a Bad Flu With a Fatality Rate of 0.1%

On Thursday Dr. Fauci co-authored a report on the coronavirus in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The report, entitled “Covid-19 — Navigating the Uncharted”, was co-authored by Anthony S. Fauci, M.D., H. Clifford Lane, M.D., and Robert R. Redfield, M.D.

Here’s a direct quote from that report:

“If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.2“

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMe2002387
    Yeah, he's looking at the same data everyone else is. I hope he is right, especially considering this might be something that a seasonal and comes back around yearly. We did project that the case fatality rate would decrease as the amount of testing increases.

So far we're not seeing the number of fatalities, thank God; however, we're seeing an increase number of people go from minor symptoms to near death very very quickly.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Okay, whats the difference?

This was when my daughter was swimming, so she had monster aerobic capacity.
    PaO2 is the partial pressure of oxygen within the arterial blood supply and is representative of hemoglobin's affinity for oxygen. Simply; it's the amount of oxygen dissolved within your blood, and as this number drops, it has a lower affinity for hemoglobin and releases itself more readily; causing hypoxia. PaO2 may be influenced by a handful of factors, most significantly someone's pH and core temperature as well as the obvious of how much oxygen is available for them to breathe. PaO2 is important because it is indicative of how easily a molecule of oxygen may cross a cell membrane.

SpO2 is the percent of hemoglobin in circulation that are saturated (carrying a molecule of O2 or CO) and is representative of how much oxygen is available for gas exchange at distal tissue.

You can not have an SpO2 > 100%, however you can absolutely have a PaO2 > 100mmHg.

You will not see PaO2 on a monitor screen, as it is a measurement of oxygen dissolved within blood and is obtained from a blood draw.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    An observational study out of France:

Clinical and microbiological effect of a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in 80 COVID-19 patients with at least a six-day follow up: an observational study

Abstract We need an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration. In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin we noted a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74 year-old patient still in intensive care unit. A rapid fall of nasopharyngeal viral load tested by qPCR was noted, with 83% negative at Day7, and 93% at Day8. Virus cultures from patient respiratory samples were negative in 97.5% patients at Day5. This allowed patients to rapidly de discharge from highly contagious wards with a mean length of stay of five days. We believe other teams should urgently evaluate this cost-effective therapeutic strategy, to both avoid the spread of the disease and treat patients as soon as possible before severe respiratory irreversible complications take hold.

Full paper

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...EBjwG70qzfFLk4
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    An observational study out of France:

Clinical and microbiological effect of a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in 80 COVID-19 patients with at least a six-day follow up: an observational study

Abstract We need an effective treatment to cure COVID-19 patients and to decrease the virus carriage duration. In 80 in-patients receiving a combination of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin we noted a clinical improvement in all but one 86 year-old patient who died, and one 74 year-old patient still in intensive care unit. A rapid fall of nasopharyngeal viral load tested by qPCR was noted, with 83% negative at Day7, and 93% at Day8. Virus cultures from patient respiratory samples were negative in 97.5% patients at Day5. This allowed patients to rapidly de discharge from highly contagious wards with a mean length of stay of five days. We believe other teams should urgently evaluate this cost-effective therapeutic strategy, to both avoid the spread of the disease and treat patients as soon as possible before severe respiratory irreversible complications take hold.

Full paper

https://www.mediterranee-infection.c...EBjwG70qzfFLk4
    We need a larger N. Median age 52 with patients as young as 18. The QTc is often greater than 500ms on elderly patients (population most at risk to die with COVID-19) making any QT prolonging drugs problematic to start (potential for Torsades).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds like it’s time to start worrying less about the novel corona virus and start getting our economy back on track. We’ve “flattened the curve” (or at least delayed it) enough to get better preparations in place, so let’s start letting adults make adult decisions.

Page 273 of 353 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323 ... LastLast