Page 296 of 353 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    What do you think, good or bad?

Would universal conscription/selective service in numerous countries fit your example?

Living in society is a balancing act with the collective rights/well-being sometimes pulling against individual rights.

My desire to listen to loud music on my patio while grilling, is tempered by the right's of my neighbors to not be forced to listen to the entire Eat A Peach CD at 150db.

I don't see anything particularly onerous or difficult about the concept in general.
    I think everything goes back to what I was taught in a Civics Class in High School - yes we had civics in the 1970's. The following was what I got out of it:

"Live a Reasonable, Rational and Responsible Life, and treat your neighbor the way you would want to be treated".

Then the teacher threw in a Old West proverb that John Wayne used:

"Don't lay a hand on another Man, and demand the same from him"

So regarding the loss of Individual Rights for the greater good of society - it's called sacrifice. But then you'll have the concept of giving up a little freedom for safety, and in the end you have neither. This is the problem for people who live in close proximity to others. I am already socially reclusive right now so it has little application in my life.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    My world, we (St John Parish, Louisiana) have the highest per capita death rate of any county in the US at present. We hold our American Legion meeting at the veteran's home where a lot of the deaths are occurring. Fortunately I have been unable to go to a meeting in several months. We are under curfew from 21:00 to 06:00. Not sure exactly how that helps, most are in their homes during those hours.

https://www.nola.com/news/coronaviru...31b80e695.html
    Last edited by P2Vaircrewman; 04-02-20 at 10:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Oh, so there would be no 1st Amendment violations if all Church buildings were permanently closed? Or all religious assemblies greater than 10 people were banned? .
    Stand back from the Straw Man....

Yes, those would be.

Banning all public meetings over 10 people during an upswing on the pandemic, which would include religious ceremonies, AA meetings, any orgy or sewing circle worth attending. Extend it past the needed time or single out churches, no bueno.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    From the story:

The Tuesday memo told paramedics to still try and resuscitate cardiac arrest patients as usual, but changed its guidance on what to do if they can't restart the heart at the scene.

If paramedics fail to get a pulse, they should turn the body over to the New York Police Department or its body removal team, the new directive said.

If paramedics on-scene with de-fib equipment and drugs cant get you started, I doubt there is a good chance for survival - kind of agree with Ramairthree on these matters.
    That's actually protocol in most places.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    Thats as crazy as all the hospitals freaking out that have zero covid19 patients either in their hospital or in their county...

I read one guys post somewhere that said his hospital is REQUIRING everybody that walks in the door(any door that is and for any reason) be masked up... He said(at the time) they had no reported cases in their county and as far as he knew pretty much nobody had come into the hospital with covid19 symptoms. He said it was a crazy over reaction and he was more worried that WHEN(not if) they had cases actually show up and then actually needed the PPE, that there would be none available.
    We have cases, and we have both staff and patients with COVID, but we also started implementing masking everyone that walks into the hospital, starting this past Monday. We also have extraordinarily tight visitor restrictions.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    From the story:

The Tuesday memo told paramedics to still try and resuscitate cardiac arrest patients as usual, but changed its guidance on what to do if they can't restart the heart at the scene.

If paramedics fail to get a pulse, they should turn the body over to the New York Police Department or its body removal team, the new directive said.

If paramedics on-scene with de-fib equipment and drugs cant get you started, I doubt there is a good chance for survival - kind of agree with Ramairthree on these matters.
    Crap, ...sorry... somehow I linked the wrong article. I'm a little worn... not from work, but hearing non-stop about Chinese virus here at work and on tv, etc and a little worried about some family in these situations. This is the article about the interview with the NYC ETM I was referring to:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/nyc-em...-combat-triage

From the interview, the EMT said: "The numbers are staggering and are going to continue to be staggering. Protocols are changing on a daily basis. We're not performing CPR in most cases in the field for cardiac arrests. It's combat triage at this point. Reid told Henry they were black tagging patients like a "multi-casualty incident. I know I could save that guy but I need to get to the other 20 people. It's the same disaster -- the same type [of] triage," he remarked."
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 04-02-20 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    If you aren’t even going to perform CPR, why even go to the call? Something doesn’t smell right on that one.

I mean dead is dead, we’re not looking to do a Lazarus project here. But to say you’re going To show up and not even attempt CPR sounds a bit odd.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Here we go again. Still in the midst of this pandemic and the crazy ComDems are starting another “Get Trump” committee under guise of “oversight”. Pelosi and her deranged cohorts need to be locked up.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...subpoena-power
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    If you aren’t even going to perform CPR, why even go to the call? Something doesn’t smell right on that one.

I mean dead is dead, we’re not looking to do a Lazarus project here. But to say you’re going To show up and not even attempt CPR sounds a bit odd.
    Again, not new. Cold? Lividity? Rigor? Asystolic? We'd go on "subject unresponsive" a lot to find DRT (Dead Right There). You don't even start, you just pronounce and move on. Even absent of those, down time + age + significant history, we'd pronounce.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavyweight View Post
    I can explain why the viral pneumonia caused by COVID19 is particularly nasty. It attacks the lungs in three phases:

1. Your lungs have two types of cells....those that generate mucus and those that make cilia. Cilia are like little baseball bats. The mucus traps the virus or other contaminants and the cilia beat it out of your lungs. COVID19 does an excellent job of attacking the cilia which prevents you from effectively coughing up the viral laced mucus.

2. Next your immune system kicks in to battle the inflammation rapidly advancing in your lungs. The inflammatory response in the body is usually a very tight, controlled response. But with COVID19 we see the body flood the lungs with immunity response. Instead of those cells just repairing and clearing the damaged lung tissue, they kill everything they come into contact with. So you get more damage instead of less from your own immune response.

3. During the third and final phase your lung damage continues to build. The body’s immune response punches tiny holes in the lungs giving them a honeycomb appearance under fluoroscopy. These lesions cause scar tissue which can stiffen and protect the lungs. But in the short term this further diminishes lung capacity and this is generally when we put the patient on a ventilator. Meanwhile inflammation makes the membranes between the lung’s air sacs and blood vessels more permeable and this can then further fill with fluid.

Man...I hope this makes sense. I’m really tapped guys. Going back to bed.

Stay safe

Heavyweight
    Why are they not using Prednisolone to treat these patients? Any idea on that? I've not heard anything about that but I have not studied it too terrible much either.

PB

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 296 of 353 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346 ... LastLast