Page 302 of 353 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    So, wear a face covering or else we fine you. But don't buy a medical grade effective face mask because they are in short supply.

What could possibly go wrong from everyone running around with bandannas covering their faces?
    Are you concerned with an increase of stagecoach holdups or are you being obtuse?

The benefit of wearing a non fitted mask, whether medical, industrial, military, or homemade, is minimal to the wearer.

It may be worthwhile in general use to contain some of a cough or sneeze with a mask. The type or fitment is probably not of much concern here, as it's more of a herd thing than individual.

I do think this should be a recommendation vs requirement.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    Are you concerned with an increase of stagecoach holdups or are you being obtuse?

The benefit of wearing a non fitted mask, whether medical, industrial, military, or homemade, is minimal to the wearer.

It may be worthwhile in general use to contain some of a cough or sneeze with a mask. The type or fitment is probably not of much concern here, as it's more of a herd thing than individual.

Is there a reason you are bolding to imply I'm being obtuse? Stagecoach holdups? Really? Yes, crime can (and likely will) rise in the coming weeks as more and more people aren't able to work.

Regardless, it's a stupid move by a city government to mandate wearing a face covering that nearly every doctor in the country has said wouldn't stop a drunk coronavirus trying to get in. Originally, it was for the whole city regardless of what they were doing or where they were. With said $1,000 fine for non-compliance. They decided to scale that back to only the items covered in that article. It's a stupid knee-jerk reaction that nobody put any significant thought into and certainly not a medical professional.

"Wear a face covering, but don't wear something that will actually be beneficial to your health."

That makes a lot of sense.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You fail to explain an actual danger of people wearing bandanas, then ignore my explanation of who the non fitted mask or bandana is actually protecting.

I have industrial training in dust masks and military training in gas masks. It's also been explained several time by people here in the medical field.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You fail to explain an actual danger of people wearing bandanas, then ignore my explanation of who the non fitted mask or bandana is actually protecting.

I have industrial training in dust masks and military training in gas masks. It's also been explained several time by people here in the medical field.
    Not trying to pick a fight, but do you really not see any potential problem having thousands if not millions of masked people walking around? The funny thing is, many states have laws prohibiting people from being masked in public.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Despite what the MSM want you to believe, the KKK is pretty much just a prison gang now.

I think relative to the pandemic panic, face masks in public are not going to be a big problem.

Except those ignore distancing because they have a "medical grade" mask...
    Last edited by Todd.K; 04-03-20 at 15:18.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Best part about masks is that I no longer have to try to pokerface my how stupid is this guy expression.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

(COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Despite what the MSM want you to believe, the KKK is pretty much just a prison gang now.

I think relative to the pandemic panic, face masks are not going to be a big problem.

Just because the reason for the law is gone, the law still exists. If I remember correctly the single arrest made at the Virginia 2nd amendment rally was a woman wearing a mask. I’m sure in the most surveilled city in the US, everyone will realize during this trying time they need to behave while being unidentifiable by law enforcement.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-03-20 at 15:22.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

I think relative to the pandemic panic, face masks are not going to be a big problem.

Perhaps if you came at the subject a little less snarky? Your stagecoach comments were way over the top.

Yes, there is inherent danger in some using said apparel for nefarious purposes. Because that's not exactly a new development in the great scheme of things. However, there is also inherent danger in mandating citizen wear something that has zero effectiveness in stopping a virus. Because some will feel safer doing so because the government told them so.

Far more dangerous than the threat of someone riding a horse up to the Wells Fargo wagon and robbing it blind.

I've had military training in gas masks, SCBA and dust masks too.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    I am amazed at the attitudes in the USA, both officials and people here.

What do we know, about face coverings and Corona?

We know that the Czech Republic very early on made wearing even home made masks mandatory and they have very little Corona. The same holds true in Israel, with the exception of the ultra Orthodox and Arabs which both to different degrees have not got with the program.

Will a bandana worn stage coach robber be enough, maybe. I would rather wear an old balaclava since I have a bunch of them and after a single use into the wash.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Based on what I've heard the case investigations are from people trying to flog them on the medical/gov market and getting states to bid against each other.

One guy in California mentioned had hundreds of thousands of medical supplies in a warehouse.

To get investigated you normally had to be in clear predatory pricing behavior (bidding wars) and not be a typical large scale supplier. IE: the garage worker managed to buy up large quantities of medical supplies and was now trying to flog them, that was pretty suspect. Are you even large-scale providers can get call if they are trying to take advantage of the circumstance. Telling States they need to bid a higher cuz another state was beating them is an EZ pass to get on the radar

One guy was called after he told a questioning officer he was positive and threatened to cough on him. So he was subsequently investigated and found to be large-scale hoarding.

I've not seen any cases surface where a normal family with a normal quantity was impacted.
    Why wouldn't these guys get caught up in the Defense REquisition Act or what ever it is called? Show me you invoice, we'll give you a 10% stocking fee and thanks for your business.

Frankly, I'd have no problem Robin Hooding the guys trying to take advantage of this. Straw man them, show up ready to rock and roll, and Sheriff of Nottingham their asses. Welcome to the new world order.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Not trying to pick a fight, but do you really not see any potential problem having thousands if not millions of masked people walking around? The funny thing is, many states have laws prohibiting people from being masked in public.
    FIFY

Not trying to pick a fight, but do you really not see any potential problem having thousands if not millions of ARMED people walking around? The funny thing is, many states have laws prohibiting people from being ARMED in public.

I know what you mean.... It makes being a good guy a bit harder, a bad guy a bit easier - but the advantages way out weigh the issues. People gonna gangster who are gonna gangster....

And the good news. I'm in manufacturing and most people are reporting that they are still humming along. 50% at regular pace, 25% at reduced, but 25% are planning on shutting down in the next month. It depends on how close to residential use they are. Making stuff for install now in a house- refrig, windows, autos that kind of stuff that depends on face to face- no bueno. Making more industrial stuff, and it works out better. At least for now.

That is what I'm seeing from our EU and USA customers. THat people seem to be able to get raw chemical feedstocks means that China is getting stuff out or has some material around. The supply chain isn't in tatters like it was in 2008-2009 with fits and starts and companies just gone.

Demand needs to get back from the consumer end by mid May to keep from long-term damage.

Just my view. Not a global business rock-star, I'm more of a Roadie for a mid-sized band.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 302 of 353 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352 ... LastLast