Page 303 of 353 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast
Results 3,021 to 3,030 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Why wouldn't these guys get caught up in the Defense REquisition Act or what ever it is called? Show me you invoice, we'll give you a 10% stocking fee and thanks for your business.

Frankly, I'd have no problem Robin Hooding the guys trying to take advantage of this. Straw man them, show up ready to rock and roll, and Sheriff of Nottingham their asses. Welcome to the new world order.

FIFY

Not trying to pick a fight, but do you really not see any potential problem having thousands if not millions of ARMED people walking around? The funny thing is, many states have laws prohibiting people from being ARMED in public.

I know what you mean.... It makes being a good guy a bit harder, a bad guy a bit easier - but the advantages way out weigh the issues. People gonna gangster who are gonna gangster....

And the good news. I'm in manufacturing and most people are reporting that they are still humming along. 50% at regular pace, 25% at reduced, but 25% are planning on shutting down in the next month. It depends on how close to residential use they are. Making stuff for install now in a house- refrig, windows, autos that kind of stuff that depends on face to face- no bueno. Making more industrial stuff, and it works out better. At least for now.

That is what I'm seeing from our EU and USA customers. THat people seem to be able to get raw chemical feedstocks means that China is getting stuff out or has some material around. The supply chain isn't in tatters like it was in 2008-2009 with fits and starts and companies just gone.

Demand needs to get back from the consumer end by mid May to keep from long-term damage.

Just my view. Not a global business rock-star, I'm more of a Roadie for a mid-sized band.
    Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for wearing the masks. We just need to realize scumbags are going to take advantage of it.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am amazed at the attitudes in the USA, both officials and people here.

What do we know, about face coverings and Corona?

We know that the Czech Republic very early on made wearing even home made masks mandatory and they have very little Corona. The same holds true in Israel, with the exception of the ultra Orthodox and Arabs which both to different degrees have not got with the program.

Will a bandana worn stage coach robber be enough, maybe. I would rather wear an old balaclava since I have a bunch of them and after a single use into the wash.
    To many people think it is just overblown or made up. They would rather live in denial.
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I saw a couple in their 80's today at the store wearing masks and gloves and thought "See hell, Bonnie and Clyde really got away."

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gloves. What is it with gloves?

Do people understand the virus doesn't go through the skin? That gloves do not kill the virus, so wearing gloves all day touching dirty things and then touching your face can get you sick?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Gloves are a good thing. It's a reminder to not touch your face, it helps shed nasties when you take them off and wash your hands. They obviously have to be used correctly.

There is a reason that physicians working with infectious patients aren't only wearing a respirator and eye pro....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

We know that the Czech Republic very early on made wearing even home made masks mandatory and they have very little Corona. The same holds true in Israel, with the exception of the ultra Orthodox and Arabs which both to different degrees have not got with the program.

Will a bandana worn stage coach robber be enough, maybe. I would rather wear an old balaclava since I have a bunch of them and after a single use into the wash.
    All of the East European and former communist countries are ahead of the curve, they're used to a government telling them 'be at this place at that time close the doors and don't come out,' and they're used to the government telling them 'you will wear a mask until we tell you not to'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

100% The use of masks is undeniably beneficial...masks of any sort. Do they have the same efficacy as N95's or P100's or whatever? No...but they don't need to in order to have a large and demonstrable effect across a population. Stopping only one out of every three infections would potentially be tens of thousands of lives or more.

I don't believe in being forced to do anything. But let's definitely not pretend that it's pointless.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 04-03-20 at 17:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    Perhaps if you came at the subject a little less snarky? Your stagecoach comments were way over the top.
    Yes, poor debate form on my part. I though he was just being obtuse and I answered it with that level of unserious in return. Bold is my better answer below.

Quote Originally Posted by Grand58742 View Post
    I've had military training in gas masks, SCBA and dust masks too.
    Then you probably agree with the idea that homemade or non fitted masks won't make much difference in protecting yourself fully from an airborne virus.

Keep the social distance, and someone wearing a mask (any mask) will be a little less likely to spread it.

Don't think you can be significantly or totally safe just because you have a "medical" mask

Feedback Score
    I am slowly changing my mind on the government response, the cure might be more deadly than the virus.

The models that they rolled out showed worse case was 2.5 million dead, so if that is a base point we can work from there.

They said today the model based on what is happening in the USA now they are saying 92k dead. Which is down from 100 to 250k at the start of the week.

But if we kill the economy and it takes 10 years to come back how many dead will that cause?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    So, people are going to hospitals in NYC and LA to see the "war zone" and it's crickets. Not totally sure what to make of that but one would expect more activity from a city supposedly overwhelmed by covid. What are those in the med biz seeing in their own AO? If fabricated BS, also going to be up to ciitizen types to show otherwise as people will not likely believe the media at this point:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 303 of 353 FirstFirst ... 203253293301302303304305313 ... LastLast