Page 314 of 353 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast
Results 3,131 to 3,140 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Is it possible there is a second virus? Theory - pure speculation - a natural CV was identified that has limited bad effects, which was then weaponized in the Wuhan lab. The real patient zero had both and that is why the varied responses. Shrug.
    I think they have identified at least two strains, one more severe and one not as much. Hell, Iceland identified like 40 or so genetic mutations.

As far as the ChiComs go, I will echo WillBrink: Fvck China!
    Last edited by ABNAK; 04-05-20 at 17:56.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    So if people with no medical problems turn out to have medical problems then it could only get worse since everyone who's healthy has a 50/50 possibility of "medical issues that were shimmering beneath the surface and had not manifested"
    What I’m trying to convey is the dissonance between the “news” and history.

I did not go into evaluating this thinking it was “just the flu” and I did not go into it with the opposite preconceived notion that it was Omega Man time, regardless of how good I would look in a velvet smoking jacket with ascot and BAR.

ED hallways of a university hospitals 20 years ago had people on vents waiting for an ICU bed. Just about any pre COViD ED had full waiting rooms and people in hallway stretchers waiting to be seen. Typically ICUs are commonly near or at capacity. The news screaming “There are people in hallways and on vents in the ED and the ICU is full!” Is not exactly news.

Everyday, thousands of people go to ERs with chest pain. Some get a stent. Many of them “ have no medical problems” but show up with blood pressures of 187/120, glucose levels of 246, and are also found to have high cholesterol, etc. while they are in the hospital. We could blare in the news endlessly about “Totally healthy people with no medical problems now showing up with coronary artery disease and needing stents!” Some are young and healthy and show up with a stroke or blood clot in their lungs from a coagulation disorder they did not have. The point I have been trying to make is that there is a baseline percentage of “healthy people with no medical problems” that are in fact not healthy and do have medical problems. Looking at large datasets over time shows how common this is.

A large military task force in a combat zone will have people going home early for wounds, injuries, illnesses, etc. This group of people is relatively young and healthy and gets annual check ups, etc. If you look at monthly and annual sent home rates, especially over a five or ten year period, there is a surprising baseline number of people that pop up with DKA, leukemia, a brain tumor, autoimmune renal failure, do the Fred Sanford on the treadmill, an aneurysm, etc. So, when I hear a totally healthy person with no medical problems died from COVID, which is going to happen in some cases, I am skeptical about if they were truly healthy and truly without any pre existing conditions. Statements are blared in a way to create fear and panic.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    ED RN, 54 with "mild asthma", dies. Anesthesia doc aged 47 no history in in ICU for 4 days.

I've seen it go both ways. Mild fever, thought it was allergies. Couldn't breathe, thought I was going to die.

This is acting like nothing we've seen.
    If you are talking about myocarditis and heart failure, it’s acting exactly like lots of things we have seen already. From common to less common viruses. With different propensities to do so.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In a little over four weeks, more than three times as many Americans have died of this corona virus than did in the 9/11 attacks. Less than two recoveries per death(obviously many are unreported asymptomatic cases so this isn't going to hold up as true.) This number will look like child's play by next weekend. That isn't true of the freaking flu. Do I believe that the economic legacy will live long past the death toll? Absolutely.

I don't think it means we suspend the constitution or inherent freedom. However, the longer a bunch of people poo poo it, the longer we're going to need to stay in this really really restricted new reality that we have found ourself in.

Yes the Navy captain freaked out for 20-40 year olds. Yes half of them won't appear sick at all...and maybe only fifty would die if it went unchecked. Are y'all under the impression that the other 49% are just able to press on with duty? Not an insignificant percentage of cases are released as "recovered" with glassified lungs. Absolutely ****ed. No idea if it recovers eventually or not.

If the numbers being reported over the next three weeks don't make some of you question your positions...I don't know what to say. Read the end of the New Testament about how Christians are supposed to behave during plagues might be a good start.
    Last edited by thopkins22; 04-05-20 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I think they have identified at least two strains, one more severe and one not as much. Hell, Iceland identified like 40 or so genetic mutations.

As far as the ChiComs go, I will echo WillBrink: Fvck China!
    Husband and wife school teachers in NJ. Wife had minor symptoms, husband died. 30 years old no medical problems. He seemed to have been getting better, even got his appetite back and one morning just didn't wake up

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My wife and I are playing a new game in quarantine called “Why did you do it that way?” There are no winners.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    For example, a human with an IQ a standard deviation below the mean who goes through puberty at twelve and becomes a big, fast, strong guy who has 17 kids with nine different women of similar type of before doing something stupid getting killed in his 20s or dying as a big flabby disease ridden wreck with a ton of medical problems in his 30s is very genetically successful in terms of passing on his genes. And if those nine women become diabetic, heart failure dialysis patients with morbid obesity before they get out of their 40s they’re done being fertile anyway.

The human with an IQ three standard dictations above the mean who gets married in his late 20s after being a triathlon running single seat jet fighter pilot and getting his Ph.D. In materials science on top of his BSEE, has two kids with his MD, Ph.D. Champion former women’s soccer playing wife in their 30s, who go on to develop ground breaking and cutting edge devices with military and medical applications, and die in their 90s when the pontoon boat off the shore of their lakeside mansion sinks-
    WTF is with you and all these weird ass descriptions of worthy and unworthy people?

Is it okay to just be a productive member of society, or did I miss the boat by not being a fvcking Army astronaut?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    You had me until..

pontoon boat off the shore of their lakeside mansion sinks-
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    My wife and I are playing a new game in quarantine called “Why did you do it that way?” There are no winners.
    I call up and say “oh, you’re home”.

Kind of the reverse of when I was in China and I asked people if they had any brothers or sisters.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    In a little over four weeks, more than three times as many Americans have died of this corona virus than did in the 9/11 attacks. Less than two recoveries per death(obviously many are unreported asymptomatic cases so this isn't going to hold up as true.) This number will look like child's play by next weekend. That isn't true of the freaking flu. Do I believe that the economic legacy will live long past the death toll? Absolutely.

I don't think it means we suspend the constitution or inherent freedom. However, the longer a bunch of people poo poo it, the longer we're going to need to stay in this really really restricted new reality that we have found ourself in.

Yes the Navy captain freaked out for 20-40 year olds. Yes half of them won't appear sick at all...and maybe only fifty would die if it went unchecked. Are y'all under the impression that the other 49% are just able to press on with duty? Not an insignificant percentage of cases are released as "recovered" with glassified lungs. Absolutely ****ed. No idea if it recovers eventually or not.

If the numbers being reported over the next three weeks don't make some of you question your positions...I don't know what to say. Read the end of the New Testament about how Christians are supposed to behave during plagues might be a good start.
    Wu Flu might be more than the flu but it also doesn't warrant this autistic response. In 2017 heart disease killed over 647,000, cancer 599,000 and diabetes 83,000 in the US alone, but nobody even cares about that shit. We're still stuffing our faces with fatty, sugary foods. COVID is scary because its new and the government and media is feeding the frenzy. One thing we do know is it mostly kills boomers. So, in reality, it's absurd that us younger people have to be locked up too, forced to wait until 0900 after boomer hour is over to get into Publix for our tendies only to find out that the same class of people thats been sucking social security dry also suck all the toilet paper, paper towels and tendies dry too.

Page 314 of 353 FirstFirst ... 214264304312313314315316324 ... LastLast