Page 316 of 353 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,160 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This guy has some interesting thoughts

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    It is my understanding that most, to all, of the tests are being administered only to the serious cases in Kentucky which will skew the results.
    I don't know about Kentucky but in the news conference yesterday it was said that the U.S. has conducted and received results of more than 1.6 million coronavirus tests. That would put the positive/negative ratio about 2 out of 10. Looks like a lot of folks have been tested who weren't "serious" at the time of testing, at least not serious as a result of a corona infection. Rand Paul lives in Kentucky. He was tested when he was asymptomatic.

I'll stick with the facts as known today. 336k people have tested positive. Of those 336k cases, 28k have resolved. 18k recovered and 10k dead. The remaining 300k known active cases (and ten of thousands more each day) have yet to be reported resolved one way or the other.

To simply say that only 10k have died out of 336k known cases is kinda like the guy who jumped off the roof of a 10 story building and reports so far so good as he falls past the 5th floor. The outcome is when a case is resolved or "thump".

Yes, surely there's a ton of untested/unreported recoveries. Those numbers won't be known until antibody tests are being conducted.
    Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-06-20 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    It is my understanding that most, to all, of the tests are being administered only to the serious cases in Kentucky which will skew the results.
    That's how we are in Ohio. We are only testing high risk persons, medical personnel, first responders and the sickest of the sick. Ohio has administered 43,756 tests and only has 4043 confirmed cases. A little third grade math says that's about 9.5%.

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of this at all but I'm genuinely curious what percentage of the other 85% are presenting as symptomatic? Now not all will be symptomatic, some tests are done out of precaution but some have to be showing some kind of sign to be considered for a test and how do they recover and what do they have?
    Last edited by 85cucvtom; 04-06-20 at 08:32.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    In a little over four weeks, more than three times as many Americans have died of this corona virus than did in the 9/11 attacks. Less than two recoveries per death(obviously many are unreported asymptomatic cases so this isn't going to hold up as true.) This number will look like child's play by next weekend. That isn't true of the freaking flu. Do I believe that the economic legacy will live long past the death toll? Absolutely.

I don't think it means we suspend the constitution or inherent freedom. However, the longer a bunch of people poo poo it, the longer we're going to need to stay in this really really restricted new reality that we have found ourself in.

Yes the Navy captain freaked out for 20-40 year olds. Yes half of them won't appear sick at all...and maybe only fifty would die if it went unchecked. Are y'all under the impression that the other 49% are just able to press on with duty? Not an insignificant percentage of cases are released as "recovered" with glassified lungs. Absolutely ****ed. No idea if it recovers eventually or not.

If the numbers being reported over the next three weeks don't make some of you question your positions...I don't know what to say. Read the end of the New Testament about how Christians are supposed to behave during plagues might be a good start.
    Amen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    Wu Flu might be more than the flu but it also doesn't warrant this autistic response. In 2017 heart disease killed over 647,000, cancer 599,000 and diabetes 83,000 in the US alone, but nobody even cares about that shit. We're still stuffing our faces with fatty, sugary foods. COVID is scary because its new and the government and media is feeding the frenzy. One thing we do know is it mostly kills boomers. So, in reality, it's absurd that us younger people have to be locked up too, forced to wait until 0900 after boomer hour is over to get into Publix for our tendies only to find out that the same class of people thats been sucking social security dry also suck all the toilet paper, paper towels and tendies dry too.
    As others have pointed out, none of those are contagious and are ALL 100% due to individual actions and decisions. That's not even close to the case with COVID. That post so so full of BS I'm wondering if you're just trolling. How dare Boomers exist and buy things. Jeez.

Yes, primarily the elderly are at risk, but there are plenty of Millennials and Gen X'ers that are getting sick or dying. Even if it's relatively minor, a sick millennial is likely to drain resources from others, and potentially put them at greater risk. And I say that as a millennial who's probably got a better odds than normal of being just fine.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I talked casually with someone from the local health department here in SW Virginia last week. Our county only has 2 official cases. It is a lot worse than they are saying officially. She told me that people are calling in with the symptoms of the Chinese Virus all the time. They are told to just stay at home and not leave. If it becomes worse, to call their doctor to find out what they want them to do. No testing because they have no tests.

Round 2 starting in China...???

https://news.trust.org/item/20200406122223-9vxnl
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 04-06-20 at 08:58.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    This virus has been treated like catching it is a death sentence and is the coming of some major threat that is going to nearly wipe out mankind.

The response to it has been like grabbing a semi auto 12 gauge with a 25 round drum of buckshot to take out some mice in the barn. There are still going to be mice in the barn when you get done, and the damage to the barn if far worse and more long lasting than the mice would have ever done.
    I like this analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by 85cucvtom View Post
    That's how we are in Ohio. We are only testing high risk persons, medical personnel, first responders and the sickest of the sick. Ohio has administered 43,756 tests and only has 4043 confirmed cases. A little third grade math says that's about 9.5%.

I'm not downplaying the seriousness of this at all but I'm genuinely curious what percentage of the other 85% are presenting as symptomatic? Now not all will be symptomatic, some tests are done out of precaution but some have to be showing some kind of sign to be considered for a test and how do they recover and what do they have?
    around here, testing seems to be getting done mostly on symptomatic suspected cases. There is a screening checklist that is much more specific than sensitive.

OTOH, I’ve got a buddy that works at an urgent care clinic in another state, and he says they are testing everybody that wants to pay for it. Which is apparently a huge percent of their patients. Cash only. I think he said they are doing it via DNA.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    around here, testing seems to be getting done mostly on symptomatic suspected cases. There is a screening checklist that is much more specific than sensitive.

OTOH, I’ve got a buddy that works at an urgent care clinic in another state, and he says they are testing everybody that wants to pay for it. Which is apparently a huge percent of their patients. Cash only. I think he said they are doing it via DNA.
    We have tiered testing: HC workers and people who pop positive on the screening (i.e., high risk/high probability) are priority for the RTATs (rapid turnaround time); others can get tested if they are symptomatic but not high risk/high probability, but they get the standard, slower test. Some local places are offering the test for anyone who can pay, but not my HC system.

We have 40-50 staff member with it, all quarantined at home. Our admits are starting to go up. Our in-house data-crunchers are predicting our peak April 24-May 4.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    I Rand Paul lives in Kentucky. He was tested when he was asymptomatic.
    Yeah, several members of Congress have been tested while asymptomatic. Like a lot of other things, that doesn't carry over to members of the general public.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...atic-rand-paul

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    We have tiered testing: HC workers and people who pop positive on the screening (i.e., high risk/high probability) are priority for the RTATs (rapid turnaround time); others can get tested if they are symptomatic but not high risk/high probability, but they get the standard, slower test. Some local places are offering the test for anyone who can pay, but not my HC system.

We have 40-50 staff member with it, all quarantined at home. Our admits are starting to go up. Our in-house data-crunchers are predicting our peak April 24-May 4.
    If I recall correctly we are supposed to peak this week or next. One model says this week another models says next. Time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Says we are two days past peak, (ETA -in Colorado) when last week they were saying sometime around the 15th. I like the site because it follows the data. I don’t like the site because it just looks at data and doesn’t factor in information outside the model.

I don’t know how you can look at Italy and now New York and not done what we did- and the Democrats are saying that we should’ve done it much earlier.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 316 of 353 FirstFirst ... 216266306314315316317318326 ... LastLast