Page 317 of 353 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Important for those on the front lines, please read and assess, share if valuable:

"Mechanical Ventilation may be doing harm. We need to think of alternative treatment strategies."

Developed and updated by Paul Marik, MD, Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_publ...9_Protocol.pdf
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Says we are two days past peak, (ETA -in Colorado) when last week they were saying sometime around the 15th. I like the site because it follows the data. I don’t like the site because it just looks at data and doesn’t factor in information outside the model.

I don’t know how you can look at Italy and now New York and not done what we did- and the Democrats are saying that we should’ve done it much earlier.
    Exactly! Imagine how bad it could have been.

That's a great website and I believe that's the model most states and health departments are using also.

Our Govornor didn't have a presser yesterday. He said he wanted everyone to have a nice Palm Sunday and would only have a presser if major updates were needed. I did check the daily numbers and i guess our news cases went down for the first time in days. We'll see what today brings.

Feedback Score
    and the Democrats are saying that we should’ve done it much earlier.
    Who is "we", democrats?

On March 17 democrats DeBlasoi and Cuomo were still arguing about a potential shelter-in-place order for New York City.

March 18 headline-- De Blasio: NYC Might ‘Shelter in Place.’ Cuomo: No, It Won’t.

“Any blanket quarantine or shelter in place policy would require State action and as the Governor has said, there is no consideration of that for any locality at this time,” a statement from Cuomo’s office read. He reiterated his position on The Daily podcast, saying, “I wouldn’t approve shelter in place, that scares people — you can’t leave your home. The fear, the panic is a bigger problem than the virus and I shut that down immediately.”

The order was finally made on March 20 just two weeks ago.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Important for those on the front lines, please read and assess, share if valuable:

"Mechanical Ventilation may be doing harm. We need to think of alternative treatment strategies."

Developed and updated by Paul Marik, MD, Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA

https://www.evms.edu/media/evms_publ...9_Protocol.pdf
    Ramming a plastic tube down someone’s neck and having a machine breathe for them is a pretty invasive thing. It comes with risk, and is not harmless. Alternatives should always be considered, if practical.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Ramming a plastic tube down someone’s neck and having a machine breathe for them is a pretty invasive thing. It comes with risk, and is not harmless. Alternatives should always be considered, if practical.
    Of course, but that doc suggests the practice may be doing more harm than good in many (most?) cases, and what's listed for alternatives not being employed on a scale they could be, probably should be.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So, did China really corner the market in PPE sometime mid January?
    There is some evidence that yeah, that happened.

Feedback Score
    https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

Says we are two days past peak, (ETA -in Colorado) when last week they were saying sometime around the 15th. I like the site because it follows the data. I don’t like the site because it just looks at data and doesn’t factor in information outside the model.

I don’t know how you can look at Italy and now New York and not done what we did- and the Democrats are saying that we should’ve done it much earlier.
    democrats saying trump is a racist for shutting borders when he did?

and then the next month they were out telling people to come to China town and mix with the people AFTER they knew about the problems ?

is that what they meant by earlier cause their actual words and actions they did the opposite

or NY saying get out there is NO REASON not to get out mix with people take buses subways and not miss the parade etc...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8JivnlQB5A

Watch all of this with the actual footage of them saying this stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNflR2Ia7Hc
    but then again the left and dems say common sense gun laws
    Last edited by Honu; 04-06-20 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm not sure this was the best move by the SecNav.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/acting-na...ve-coronavirus

In remarks made to the remaining sailors aboard the ship, acting Secretary of the Navy Thomas Modly slammed the now-ousted captain of the USS Theodore Roosevelt as "too naďve or too stupid" to be a commanding officer, multiple sources confirmed to Fox News.

"If he didn’t think, in my opinion, that this information wasn’t going to get out into the public, in this day and information age that we live in, then he was either A, too naive or too stupid to be a commanding officer of a ship like this," Modly said of Crozier. "The alternative is that he did this on purpose."

“Think about that when you cheer the man of the ship who exposed you to that...I understand you love the guy. It’s good that you love him. But you’re not required to love him,” Modly said, adding the letter penned by Crozier had “sensitive information" regarding the condition of the aircraft carrier.

In a fiery address broadcast over the ship’s PA system, Modly warned soldiers against disclosing information to the media, saying Crozier’s letter was a "betrayal of trust, with me, with his chain of command."

"It was a betrayal. And I can tell you one other thing: because he did that he put it in the public's forum and it is now a big controversy in Washington, D.C.," he said, according to a copy of the remarks provided to Fox News by Navy officials.
    There was far more that I couldn't find quoted, but the SecNav didn't do the best job of talking to the crew of the TR over the incident. He went over the line IMO. You fire him, fine, but any additional scolding is done behind closed doors, not to the crew that supported their CO.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    So what two examples would you have used to demonstrate?

Would nonexistent characters from entertainment like Khan Noonien Singh’s parents compared to Clevon Jr. with Kayla, Katelyn, Rebecca, Gabriela, Becky, Meg, etc. work?

Do you have some kind of complex and hate these types of people or don’t think they exist or something?

I have never been anti productive members of society. People that work for what they have, have pride, don’t take handouts, and suck up the tough times are what made America what it was. Leapfrogging ahead of countries with ten or twenty times the history.

Do I have disdain for non productive members of society? Different story.

The now single mom that had her husband die in Iraq and slogged out her ADN at the local community college is a good, productive person. But she’s not going to be coming up with novel medications or a vaccination for corona virus. The guy that spent four years in the USMC and is now a cop is a good productive person. But he’s not going to be coming up with the solution or breakthrough to the weight to power storage lithium battery ceiling for electric vehicles. I don’t understand the baseline animosity overall in society nowadays towards the people that are. I come from lineman, loggers, miners, and farmers. I have an appreciation for but no animosity towards them.

But I have lived in a very different world since leaving.

Is one of the guys I was Infantry with in Ranger Bn a Ph.D. Department chair at a university? Yes. Do I know a married test pilot/MD couple. Yes. Is another former enlisted infantry guy I knew the chair of a department at a medical school? Yes. Is another former enlisted Infantry guy I know an MD/Ph.D? Yes. Do I work with a guy that was a naval aviator and TopGun? Yes. Did a bunch of guys I was in with become operators through E9 and O6 level? Yes. Was an Annapolis grad SEAL I knew now a trauma/critical surgeon? Yes. Did guys I used to know and work with in the military now still work for the government at HRT or OGAs? Yes. Is a guy I know and used to work with on the space station right now? Yes. Was I long term involved with wartime and peacetime CT response to CBRNE with the appropriate brains and education? Yes. Could I give a bunch more examples but won’t? Yes.
    Your a bright guy, I'm sure you'll figure it out, because, quite frankly, I don't anything I write will make a difference in your thoughts. I honestly regret the response you quoted, because it really wasn't made to be helpful.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 317 of 353 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327 ... LastLast