Page 325 of 353 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

(COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Thank you for that thoughtful yet banal reply...
    I was going to post something similar. The fact is we overreacted to a novel threat. In my opinion this was caused by a perfect storm of educated medical professionals who recognized the threat of a novel virus that was clearly more dangerous than the flu (at the time) who told politicians that they had to act to save lives, so the politicians went into analysis paralysis, delaying any action, while the media that is only focused on clicks and hating Trump stirred this all into something that the politicians then had to overreact to.

The thing is that the overreaction has been effective. The social distancing and government mandated actions certainly helped to make COVID-19 less deadly and less rampant, and through amazing science and educated medical professionals, we are in a better place than other countries.

Now, it is time to look at our path forward, and out of this in-progress economic disaster.

We should start planning now to reopen businesses in 2 weeks, but with some different (mostly temporary) rules:

1) Grocery stores can ask costumers to wear masks- based upon location/type/size of store etc. Also keep social distancing marks and guides in place.

2) Gyms and other businesses where people touch stuff all the time need to hire extra people to wipe and clean stuff continuously. Business could choose to require masks.

3) Restaurants and bars can reopen, with a temporary max capacity of half of what the current fire codes allow.

4) Restaurant servers must wear masks and either wear a new pair of gloves for each table or learn 100% handwashing and basically perfect serving skills.

5) Buffet style serving still not allowed

6) Shared food situations still not allowed

7) Personal hygiene related business must use maximum PPE (i.e. the barber has to wear a mask and not touch his/her face while cutting your hair).

The next steps will be voluntary serum testing at least or better yet antibody titer testing, and rolling out the vaccines more rapidly.

That’s just my $0.02, worth about that much. I’m not a doctor or MBA.

And since other posts came in while typing this novel: the mortality rate is definitely lower than 1%, based on almost all of the recent data.
    Last edited by sandsunsurf; 04-07-20 at 21:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As someone who is probably on the side of “you guys this is freaking serious” as compared to many here, I firmly endorse the above.

I do think it needs to be evaluated and adjusted in various areas though. Remembering that rural America has not really experienced it, and their hospitals are not generally up to par with medical centers in major cities. Plus higher rates of exiting morbidity in the population?

Feedback Score

The second civil war unfolding.

The second civil war is unfolding. This has all been orchestrated. The treatment and testing has been compromised. More to follow.

The current "testing" method is to expose the blood brain barrier to the virus. The only treatment is 400 mg hydroxychloroquine, 500 mg hazithromycin, and zinc sulfate 220 mg.

The ventilators are a death sentence for those infected.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    The ventilators are a death sentence for those infected.
    Better to let them drown?

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Does anyone on here Know someone firsthand that has died from Covid 19?
    My friend here at work lost a friend in New York the other day. She was 35 years old, no health issues. She contracted it one day and passed the next day.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I have now changed my mind 100%.

We are screwed, I have talked to several friends in multiple states that own businesses. They have ALL had zero success with the government assistance.

China is buying stocks bid time at depressed prices.

We have been played 100%.

China is winning WW3
    Yea, I heard a news report yesterday talking about how many loans have been processed.. about 225,000 I believe... vs how many small businesses are requesting the assistance.. millions. They had some small business owners on the air talking about all the red tape and how they apply but never get any answers on the loans.

Hummm... was this part of Chinese the plan all along? They sure have gotten a lot go their way from of this pandemic.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    In such a repressive regime, it's difficult to know what's legit fervor and what's the population pretending to feel that way due to showing anything different may get you sent to a re education camp or disappeared, like the lady doc who first blew the whistle:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...vid-19-threat/
    The Chinese are more than repressive. They are redefining the whole idea of a repressive government.

Not surprised by this report coming out:

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020/...-people-alive/

Reminds me of this from Monty Python's The Holy Grail:

Dead Collector: Bring out yer dead!
    [A large man appears with a (seemingly) dead man over his shoulder]
    Large Man: Here's one.
    Dead Collector: Nine pence.
    "Dead" Man: I'm not dead.
    Dead Collector: What?
    Large Man: Nothing. [hands the collector his money] Here's your nine pence.
    "Dead" Man: I'm not dead!
    Dead Collector: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
    Large Man: Yes he is.
    "Dead" Man: I'm not.
    Dead Collector: He isn't.
    Large Man: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
    "Dead" Man: I'm getting better.
    Large Man: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
    Dead Collector: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
    "Dead" Man: I don't want to go on the cart.
    Large Man:' Oh, don't be such a baby.
    Dead Collector: I can't take him.
    "Dead" Man: I feel fine.
    Large Man: Oh, do me a favor.
    Dead Collector: I can't.
    Large Man: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
    Dead Collector: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
    Large Man: Well, when's your next round?
    Dead Collector: Thursday.
    "Dead" Man: I think I'll go for a walk.
    Large Man: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
    "Dead" Man: I feel happy. I feel happy.
    [The collector paces for an idea, then whacks the body with his club, solving the problem]
    Large Man: Ah, thank you very much.
    Dead Collector: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
    Large Man: Right.
    Last edited by teufelhund1918; 04-08-20 at 05:50.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    As someone who is probably on the side of “you guys this is freaking serious” as compared to many here, I firmly endorse the above.

I do think it needs to be evaluated and adjusted in various areas though. Remembering that rural America has not really experienced it, and their hospitals are not generally up to par with medical centers in major cities. Plus higher rates of exiting morbidity in the population?
    We are just now having bigger breakouts of the Chinese Virus here in SW Virginia.... but I guess the only place that really matters in New York... at least that is what I see with all the Pandemic news reporting.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Feedback Score
    Why is it that nobody is looking into Vietnams shining example of only 251 cases and ZERO deaths?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Page 325 of 353 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335 ... LastLast