Page 331 of 353 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,310 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by teufelhund1918 View Post
    How many times can "they" cry wolf before people don't take it seriously enough and the "big one" hits for real. I think that is part of the reason this may have spread so quickly is that folks didn't take it seriously enough. It's all good to say that it isn't a real threat unless you're one of the people who contracted it or have a loved one who died from it. Another part of the big fail is that either protocols weren't followed or weren't in place.
    That one far as I can tell, what we have is outdated and outmoded, and of course lack of tests, etc, put is behind the curve massively, and thus only a Herculean freak out of epic proportions was required to get ahead of as best we could. Whether that was the right choice or not (see article/vid posted before, etc) I don't know. Countries like S. Korea had a plan, based on their prior experiences, which included lots of testing and done early, public wearing masks, etc. We on the otherhand stuck our heads in the sand and here we are. Even "W" saw that one coming in 05, and he was not considered the sharpest of the group:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Wasn't that the Smallpox vaccine - circa '72 and older? (in reference to scar on upper left arm)
    I thought the BCG was a cocktail of drugs. I remember TB and I was pretty sure it was leprosy as well anything else and...?

Just googled it and it shows the scar for both.
    I was born in late 70s in Soviet Union. Both I think we're still mandatory there. I have it just not sure which
    Last edited by Arik; 04-09-20 at 13:28.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    That one far as I can tell, what we have is outdated and outmoded, and of course lack of tests, etc, put is behind the curve massively, and thus only a Herculean freak out of epic proportions was required to get ahead of as best we could. Whether that was the right choice or not (see article/vid posted before, etc) I don't know. Countries like S. Korea had a plan, based on their prior experiences, which included lots of testing and done early, public wearing masks, etc. We on the otherhand stuck our heads in the sand and here we are. Even "W" saw that one coming in 05, and he was not considered the sharpest of the group:
    A lot of Asia's plans and recent response came form experience with SARS. Pandemics should not be a surprise to anyone as we have one about every 35 years, though varying in scale, outcomes and severity. There is a trend toward more frequently viable pandemic bugs likely due to overpopulation.

Everyone knows about the 1918 "Spanish Flu", but recall a few more recent ones: HIV (1980s-ongoing) , Ebola 2014-'16, Swine Flu 2009-'10, Hong Kong Flu 1968-'69, Asian Flu 1956-'58.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warg View Post
    A lot of Asia's plans and recent response came form experience with SARS. Pandemics should not be a surprise to anyone as we have one about every 35 years, though varying in scale, outcomes and severity. There is a trend toward more frequently viable pandemic bugs likely due to overpopulation.

Everyone knows about the 1918 "Spanish Flu", but recall a few more recent ones: HIV (1980s-ongoing) , Ebola 2014-'16, Swine Flu 2009-'10, Hong Kong Flu 1968-'69, Asian Flu 1956-'58.
    To be sure, and the top doc from S Korea said as much in the interview I posted a while back. Apparently W was reading a book about the 1918 flu at the time which prompted him to attempt to focus on it at the time. We have the experiences of other nations, some of our own, warning from experts for decades it's a when, not an if, event, and yet, we were caught pretty much flat footed, with the system we have in place doing a damn fine job of it with what they have.

Once this is over, when ever that is, people should be pissed at (1) China, and (2) their/our own gubment who apparently didn't pay enough attention to history or the experts, yet again. An interesting study would be how much $ have we spent combating terrorism since 9/11 vs how much we spent on preparing for a world wide viral pandemic? There's gonna be a lot of finger pointing once this is over, and most of them will be right!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 85cucvtom View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what state are you in?
    MO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Currently NC continues to trend up;
    We had 6 more deaths in that rehab facility last night. Most are saying we are supposed to peak in mid-May for Virginia.

Rehab = 39 --- Virginia = 109

One report is now stating that National Guard Medics are headed to the rehab center.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Currently NC continues to trend up; 3,540 positives, 386 hospitalized, 64 deaths. We're averaging two additional deaths per day above the previous day. My institution has 41 admits, and has discharged 59. This is manageable, for us. Given our census and capacity and the numbers, had we not instituted social distancing/etc., we'd be looking at (given the math) being outstripped of capacity by next week. As it is we're supposed to peak April 24-May 4. On the current track, we *should* be OK.

There are a few superbugs that could see it plateau (i.e., "square wave"), and that would be bad. But this one, you either get better pretty quickly, or worse pretty quickly, so we won't see a plateau.

Have your intensivists published their age range, median/average age, Co conditions yet?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There's gonna be a lot of finger pointing once this is over, and most of them will be right!
    100%. There are also a lot of things that potentially could originate here. Particularly spongiform encephalopathy prion type things that make little sense in my head as to how they work. CWD is growing worldwide, probably/possibly made the jump to deer from sheep in a research facility right here in the US, and there is absolutely nothing that says it won't jump to humans at some point. It is fatal 100% of the time, and takes decades for the prions to die outside of hosts.

Our government has been ignoring it, despite it being a very real concern.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    To be sure, and the top doc from S Korea said as much in the interview I posted a while back. Apparently W was reading a book about the 1918 flu at the time which prompted him to attempt to focus on it at the time. We have the experiences of other nations, some of our own, warning from experts for decades it's a when, not an if, event, and yet, we were caught pretty much flat footed, with the system we have in place doing a damn fine job of it with what they have.

Once this is over, when ever that is, people should be pissed at (1) China, and (2) their/our own gubment who apparently didn't pay enough attention to history or the experts, yet again. An interesting study would be how much $ have we spent combating terrorism since 9/11 vs how much we spent on preparing for a world wide viral pandemic? There's gonna be a lot of finger pointing once this is over, and most of them will be right!
    Excellent points, but I would list being pissed at the elites here far ahead of China. Their efforts in dealing with China over decades opened the door wide for this.

Feedback Score
    W didn't see anything coming. He's reading from a script probably written by some flunkies at NIH looking for more funding.

Speaking of NIH... Fauci, said this on Jan 21.

“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,” Dr. Fauci told Newsmax’s Greg Kelly on January 21.

Fauci now says we must all hide under the bed while wearing masks. Yeah... the geniuses who all saw this coming.

Page 331 of 353 FirstFirst ... 231281321329330331332333341 ... LastLast