Page 336 of 353 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast
Results 3,351 to 3,360 of 3523

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warg View Post
    Hmm, not sure what you're wanting to KNOW, but lets' review a bit of what we have provided
    • Information of SARS-COV2 and what is
    • What COVID-19 is and how it got its name
    • Basic information of the etiology (data on the most likely source of his virus and the history since Dec 29, 2019), distribution, and propagation (virus transmission probabilities) of COVID-19
    • Basic primer on epidemics and epidemic curves
    • Comparison of COVID-19 CFRs to other selected infections diseases
    • Risk factors associated with COVID-19
    • Guidance on symptomology
    • Key clinical findings
    • Information on testing and reporting
    • What to do if you experience these symptoms
    • Evidence of treatments and treatment adverse events
    • Sources of global and local data for tracking
    • Discussed effectiveness of PPE, behavioral interventions, and social distancing
    • Presented and discussed models and the limitations thereof (including numbers the media wants to shock us with vs. the range of estimates the modelers provided). Several points were made and references provided to published manuscripts. Taking a look at just one might assist in deriving a more balanced opinion of the modeled output and limitations thereof.
    • Discussed emerging treatment protocols
    • Discussed emerging literature
    • Discussed availability and constraints of resources

In light of that, and excusing a few posts that have gone of the rails, I'd argue it's been anything but garbage.
    Everyone turns into an infectious disease expert in these threads...there was a ton of good info in this thread and I got more from it on the Covid topic - and hopefully added to it - than I have from any single source so far. The news is, well, you know, other forums generally down the conspiracy stuff and ruined, and other than reading sci/med docs on the topic, this thread has been, all things considered, good resource.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    You do realize you are talking about a nuclear armed near peer adversary that has us vastly outnumbered and has a very low regard for human life, ours or their own people.

And by the way.

1918 Flu Pandemic That Killed 50 Million Originated in China, Historians Say
    Chinese laborers transported across Canada thought to be source.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...cience-health/
    ...and more recent evidence points to a likely origin of Kansas, USA, but one cannot rule China out.

Conspiracy theorists back then would have had a field day if we had the technology to manipulate RNA in 1918 given all that was going on on the world. In fact, many don't realize that the 1918, "Spanish Flu" (common ancestor of human and classical swine H1N1 influenza viruses) was the perfect storm of mutations along all 8 segments of its RNA that created a highly virulent and (possibly unprecedented) deadly strain of flu. The likelihood of these mutations happening nearly simultaneously and jumping species is near zero. Just imagine if that happened today.
    Last edited by Warg; 04-10-20 at 17:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    And this is how the end begins. If people in the US accept this, we are headed for bad times.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blo...billion-people
    I'm not into conspiracies much, but it doesn't take a very fertile mind to see govt add 'subversive' to their 'medical' criteria and all of a sudden you have lit up any kind of 'subversive' element. If you wanted to put CHina up for a conspiracy, that is a pretty simple, and yet effective one. Add in a little AI and you could probably figure out an organized resistance pretty easily. Having to keep your phone on you and on can be easily mandated in those countries. Kind of makes you wonder about Apple's push for ever smaller and ubiquitous devices like the iWatch, they theyWatch . Here in the West, we would never be with out our phones anyways.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Everyone turns into an infectious disease expert in these threads...there was a ton of good info in this thread and I got more from it on the Covid topic - and hopefully added to it - than I have from any single source so far. The news is, well, you know, other forums generally down the conspiracy stuff and ruined, and other than reading sci/med docs on the topic, this thread has been, all things considered, good resource.
    You've done well with your contributions (and thank you)! Can I talk you into getting a PhD in epi?

Feedback Score
    well at least this seems to have made the regular flu go away OR ? once again gov is lying to folks

last year week 13
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weekl...019/Week13.htm
    No. of positive specimens 5,324

this year week 13
    https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weekl...020/Week13.htm
    No. of positive specimens 75

for sure seems to be a report everything as COVID19 these days and even if its normal flu its now not being reported ?

previous week 13
    2018 No. of positive specimens 3,357
    2017 No. of positive specimens 4,086
    2016 No. of positive specimens 3,383
    2015 No. of positive specimens 1,138

for sure something is funny and I bet most the deaths that are normally influenza or cases of are now being recorded as COVID19
    because NO WAY does it go from 1,138 low to high of 5,324 over last 5 years but this year down to 75
    Last edited by Honu; 04-10-20 at 18:00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ...and more recent evidence points to a likely origin of Kansas, USA, but one cannot rule China out.
    Learn something everyday.

https://www.kansas.com/news/local/article200880539.html
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You've done well with your contributions (and thank you)! Can I talk you into getting a PhD in epi?
    I survived my epi/bio stats courses and it hurt my head. I like concepts, maff, not so much. My B's in chem would have been A's if not for the maffs.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

Why would China attack their two biggest markets (USA/Europe)?
    If our economies fail, who holds the vast majority of the IOUs?
    If the evidence shows it was deliberate, what would stop us from confiscating their T-bills and using the money to pay for the damage?
    If they are the perpetrators, how likely are we to continue to purchase their products and exchange our dollars for them?
    If they are guilty, how likely are they to be able to use dollars to purchase petrochemical products after we sieze all their global dollar accounts?

I could go on, but you get the point. This was most likely an accident if it came from a lab. I doubt the Spanish were conducting germ warfare in 1918...
    And that is what I personally believe happened if it isn't a natural thing. While I don't like the ChiComs, as WillBrink said "They're not stupid". Intentional would literally be an act of war. Incompetence and an accidental release? Certainly more likely than intentional.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Personally, I never believed it actually started in Kansas. There appears to be several locations it may have started, we will never know exactly where it started but some think China, or United Kingdom or even Austria:

"The 1918 influenza pandemic was the most severe pandemic in recent history. It was caused by an H1N1 virus with genes of avian origin. Although there is not universal consensus regarding where the virus originated, it spread worldwide during 1918-1919." - CDC
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score

Conspiracy theorists back then would have had a field day if we had the technology to manipulate RNA in 1918 given all that was going on on the world. In fact, many don't realize that the 1918, "Spanish Flu" (common ancestor of human and classical swine H1N1 influenza viruses) was the perfect storm of mutations along all 8 segments of its RNA that created a highly virulent and (possibly unprecedented) deadly strain of flu. The likelihood of these mutations happening nearly simultaneously and jumping species is near zero. Just imagine if that happened today.
    Very good point. It would no doubt raise a LOT of eyebrows.

Question, since you know your bugs: would the Spanish Flu be as deadly today? Obviously we have waaayyy better medical care, but how would, say, the ease of transmission compare to COVID?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Page 336 of 353 FirstFirst ... 236286326334335336337338346 ... LastLast