Page 6 of 353 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    “The deadly animal virus epidemic spreading globally may have originated in a Wuhan laboratory linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, according to an Israeli biological warfare expert.”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...linked-chines/
    Wasn’t that lab also responsible for the 2003 SARS outbreak
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    Does it ever seem that the Peoples Republic of China - out biggest geopolitical adversary, is one giant house of cards. Their building codes are crap, their technology is stolen, and their exports are mostly garbage of inferior construction. Now it seems they may have let out a virus of pandemic proportions which could kill millions.

Reminds me of a guy named Esteban, who dressed like Zorro, and sold a guitar and lessons on TV infomercials and QVC. It turns out his guitar was total crap, made in China, with the wood a composite of sawdust, recycled phone books and medical waste. The lacquer on the neck would rub off and the frets would cut your fingers. The Chinese cannot be trusted with anything that involves the welfare of the general public.
    Does our military use anything from china? Uniforms, boots, computers, tech parts, anything related to aircraft?
    Its damn near impossible for us civilians to avoid chinese stuff. Their optics and flashlights are quite popular among many M4C members.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I cant believe we are letting flights from China to come into the USA. Its Fking inane. This is like Zombie bullshit. People lying in the streets dead and nobody is bothering to mess with them. Its insane.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I cant believe we are letting flights from China to come into the USA. Its Fking inane. This is like Zombie bullshit. People lying in the streets dead and nobody is bothering to mess with them. Its insane.

PB
    You know those are fake right...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Does our military use anything from china? Uniforms, boots, computers, tech parts, anything related to aircraft?
    Its damn near impossible for us civilians to avoid chinese stuff. Their optics and flashlights are quite popular among many M4C members.
    When I was in, there were many thousands of DOD contractors for everything from clothing to equipment, all US made. I did see some stuff German made, but these were specialty items. For LandNav I saw some folks using Swedish made Silva Compasses. I was at West Point, New York visiting my son who is a Junior there in August, and I looked at some of his uniform items- all US made contractors.

For aircraft, at least what I was involved with, it was Bell Textron or Hughes. After I retired, a European Company called Parvus was bidding to upgrade the Kiowa 58D's Aircraft Survivability Equipment tactical computer. An American IT entity called Mercom was the go-between. I heard they were awarded the contract, but the 58D has been retired so who knows what they're doing now since we have no scout recon rotorcraft other than the Little Bird right now.
    Last edited by OH58D; 01-24-20 at 20:10.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    There is the Barry Compliant which stipulates military buy U.S. made but there is always this:

How the Navy SEALs wound up buying 450 counterfeit radio antennas

https://qz.com/1785156/how-the-navy-...adio-antennas/

and this:

US military report highlights security fears behind ban on DJI drones

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/mili...behind-ban-dji

And years ago I seem to recall a scandal involving sub standard electronic components IIRC they found them in F-15 electronics. Also weren't cloud servers using Chinese motherboards supposed to have a backdoor hack built in the Chinese military could exploit? I can't remember if it was HP or Apple who stopped using them.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-24-20 at 20:29.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    You know those are fake right...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    LOL. This is shaping up to be another Ebola thread (that was hilarious).

I have a friend whose sister lives in Xian'an not far outside of Wuhan. It's a nightmare around there right now. She was telling me that she spoke with her sister for more than an hour last night. The central government has mandated that everyone wear masks, but there are literally no masks to be had. My friend arranged with one of our vendors to acquire almost 1000 respiratory masks and have them shipped over. She is an anesthesiologist, a brilliant woman. She most definitely isn't prone to overreaction but is truly alarmed over this particular issue, and the central government's reaction to it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Wrong.
    Would you just lie down in the street and die if you had pneumonia?

Page 6 of 353 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast