Page 66 of 353 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    It’s bullshit. It’s being said because:

1) The Healthcare Industry and the Government are short on PPEs by about 270,000+ million.
    2) There’s already a shortage
    3) The entire world wants them and there isn’t anywhere near enough production to meet demand.

Do you remember what it was like trying to get .22LR in 2013 and 2014?

Now just extrapolate that toward something like N95 masks that people ACTUALLY need.

Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    This is from some CNN article I looked at today, I’m confused by this quote:

“ Americans don't need masks. They buy them because they're scared

To be clear once again, Americans don't need masks. The CDC says that healthy people in the US shouldn't wear them because they won't protect them from the novel coronavirus.
    But medical workers who treat patients with novel coronavirus do need them. And, the CDC says, it's crucial that those supplies don't run out.”

So if medical workers who treat those infected DO need them, then it would seem a mask would help prevent that medical worker from contracting the illness from the infected patient. So why wouldn’t a mask help a regular citizen?

I’m not a hypochondriac or paranoid survivalist, I’m just confused by the logic in that article. It seemed like CNN was playing BigBrother, telling us worker bees to not panic and leave everything up to the state.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/healt...rnd/index.html

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    On the subject of quarantine compliance: down here, we have a little bit of ice and or snow every few years. Errything gets shut down. No work, no school, everything is closed. “Road conditions unsafe. You have the day off due to unsafe driving conditions. Stay home.” So what do these morons do with their time off? Netflix and chill? Nah. They get in cars, drive around aimlessly (because there is literally nowhere to go), and run into each other and slide into the ditch.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    This. Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    On the subject of quarantine compliance: down here, we have a little bit of ice and or snow every few years. Errything gets shut down. No work, no school, everything is closed. “Road conditions unsafe. You have the day off due to unsafe driving conditions. Stay home.” So what do these morons do with their time off? Netflix and chill? Nah. They get in cars, drive around aimlessly (because there is literally nowhere to go), and run into each other and slide into the ditch.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Did a bit of cleanup on aisle 4.

Mod note: Before people start posting references to sex acts, they need to remember we have minors reading this website.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Three more people get coronavirus of unknown origin in US

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...n-origin-in-us

"California, Washington, and Oregon announced late Friday night that they have each found instances where patients did not travel outside of the United States or come in contact with anyone they knew who was infected. One of the people infected was a school aged-child in Washington, the state reported."

"The latest cases of community spread, however, offer a sign that there may be far more people infected with the virus than scientists have been able to detect. The illness, known as COVID-19, has spread to more than 82,000 people globally and originated in Wuhan, China."
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    This is from some CNN article I looked at today, I’m confused by this quote:

“ Americans don't need masks. They buy them because they're scared

To be clear once again, Americans don't need masks. The CDC says that healthy people in the US shouldn't wear them because they won't protect them from the novel coronavirus.
    But medical workers who treat patients with novel coronavirus do need them. And, the CDC says, it's crucial that those supplies don't run out.”

So if medical workers who treat those infected DO need them, then it would seem a mask would help prevent that medical worker from contracting the illness from the infected patient. So why wouldn’t a mask help a regular citizen?

I’m not a hypochondriac or paranoid survivalist, I’m just confused by the logic in that article. It seemed like CNN was playing BigBrother, telling us worker bees to not panic and leave everything up to the state.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/healt...rnd/index.html
    It's a numbers game:

You don't wash your hands thoroughly, you don't cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough (or you do, with hand and not your arm or elbow), you constantly fidget with your face or beard, you don't use hand sanitizer, and you reuse your disposable, single-use N95 mask(s).

Do you think that mask is really going to help you*?

*Rhetorical you, not literal you.

Besides, bro, Trump says it's just the flu and CNN says Trump is wrong; You don't really believe CNN over Trump, do you?
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Has anyone else noticed a spike in people mocking/downplaying Corona on social media? Before the article, most references to it were serious threat appraisals and discussions. Since the CDC advised it would hit the states, it seems like people are tripping over themselves to claim it's overrated, a distraction/government plot, or an outright hoax. We've seen a bit of that here, but it seems like it's more prevalent on Facebook and the like.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    He’s right though.

Imagine trying to have a legitimate, Wuhan-Level Quarantine CONUS. Between, “Muh Raghts”

Those damn Rights and Liberties are always getting in the way. Just who the **** do we think we are, not doing everything the government says immediately and without question?

Fortunately we'll all be disarmed for our own safety and long term well being soon enough, mandatory quarantine/marshal law will be much easier and everybody will be safer. It's going to be awesome, even better than China.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a spike in people mocking/downplaying Corona on social media? Before the article, most references to it were serious threat appraisals and discussions. Since the CDC advised it would hit the states, it seems like people are tripping over themselves to claim it's overrated, a distraction/government plot, or an outright hoax. We've seen a bit of that here, but it seems like it's more prevalent on Facebook and the like.
    Why on earth would I go on facebook? lol
    Last edited by Warp; 02-29-20 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    My assertion still stands.

>Quarantine

“Whatevah! Ah do what Ah want!” - America

Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Those damn Rights and Liberties are always getting in the way. Just who the **** do we think we are, not doing everything the government says immediately and without question?

Fortunately we'll all be disarmed for our own safety and long term well being soon enough, mandatory quarantine/marshal law will be much easier and everybody will be safer. It's going to be awesome, even better than China.

Why on earth would I go on facebook? lol

Feedback Score
    I looked on the CDC website: "The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated deaths." https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2017-2018.htm

61,000 Americans dead from the Flu in one season... I don't remember any fuss about it.

On the news yesterday there was a guy who had been diagnosed with Corona (got it on a cruise ship). Said he had a headache for a bit and cough. Felt fine now and was ready to be released form quarantine soon.

Page 66 of 353 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast