Page 7 of 353 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Hoarders/Flippers/Gougers have been buying up all the stock and selling them for a markup in China.

It also appears the CCP is significantly underreporting the actual numbers of infected individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    LOL. This is shaping up to be another Ebola thread (that was hilarious).

I have a friend whose sister lives in Xian'an not far outside of Wuhan. It's a nightmare around there right now. She was telling me that she spoke with her sister for more than an hour last night. The central government has mandated that everyone wear masks, but there are literally no masks to be had. My friend arranged with one of our vendors to acquire almost 1000 respiratory masks and have them shipped over. She is an anesthesiologist, a brilliant woman. She most definitely isn't prone to overreaction but is truly alarmed over this particular issue, and the central government's reaction to it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Too late, its already here. Doesnt matter how tight your border is if its airborne. One dude sneezes in an airport and its all over.
    That was a bit tongue in cheek.
    That we've known this was a possibility and have yet to take any precautions, that we refuse to close and monitor unchecked illegal immigration or have a plan that can be put immediately in place only insures that this will continue to hurt us.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have to be honest, I’m a bit concerned as my mother in law just left yesterday for Manila. Made it there safe and sound but considering there was a case reported at the airport yesterday or the day prior, LAX international terminal, and given the proximity of the Philippines to China. I just hope she makes it home safe.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    LOL. This is shaping up to be another Ebola thread (that was hilarious).

I have a friend whose sister lives in Xian'an not far outside of Wuhan. It's a nightmare around there right now. She was telling me that she spoke with her sister for more than an hour last night. The central government has mandated that everyone wear masks, but there are literally no masks to be had. My friend arranged with one of our vendors to acquire almost 1000 respiratory masks and have them shipped over. She is an anesthesiologist, a brilliant woman. She most definitely isn't prone to overreaction but is truly alarmed over this particular issue, and the central government's reaction to it.
    In addition to being a ranch wife and mother, the wife is a Trauma RN supervisor. She has been trying to follow this, and she thinks the transmission and spread may be worse than Ebola, but more so in the 3rd World. And despite being called "newly industrialized", China is the 3rd World.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    In addition to being a ranch wife and mother, the wife is a Trauma RN supervisor. She has been trying to follow this, and she thinks the transmission and spread may be worse than Ebola, but more so in the 3rd World. And despite being called "newly industrialized", China is the 3rd World.
    Yes it is because its airborne. I feel like alot of people in this thread are chiming in without knowing anything about the disease. In times like this where there is alot of misinformation it would be prudent to take some time and know your enemy. Understand how it spreads, what the symptoms are, how it kills and what the % of morality is.

Its easy to debunk crap like people passing out in the street when then virus kills via viral pneumonia.
    Last edited by vicious_cb; 01-24-20 at 23:32.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    UK Researcher Predicts Over 250,000 Chinese Will Have Coronavirus In Ten Days

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...virus-ten-days

Finally, while Reed makes no observations on the potential mortality associated with nCoV, one can make a broad observation: late on Friday, China's Hubei province reported 15 additional coronavirus deaths, which added to the previously reported 26 casualties, bringing the total to 41. And with roughly 1,100 confirmed cases, this means that the mortality rate of the diseases has just jumped from roughly 2.5% to 4%. Which means that if Reed is correct, and if 250,000 people in Hubei alone will be infected by February 4, no less than 10,000 Chinese people will be dead in the next 2-3 weeks.

What happens after that - with China effectively paralyzed by fear and the economy grinding to a halt as nobody leave their home - is anyone's guess.

Video of Chinese hospital showing dead bodies in hall way while other patients are being treated.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1220641000063848448
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-25-20 at 07:02.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Well thank god theres socialized medicine to keep everyone safe and healthy.......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    it would be prudent to take some time and know your enemy. Understand how it spreads, what the symptoms are, how it kills and what the % of morality is.

Are there any narrowly defined symptoms? We looked the other day and what we found were broad/vague. Kind of like lyme disease and I have known a few who said they had been diagnosed with that, but only after 6 months or more of symptoms which seems like an odd wait time before testing in a heavily tick infested area.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I was referring to the Ebola thread here on M4C, which was pretty eye-rolling. Transmission of coronavirus, like any respiratory virus, is through droplets and fomites, therefore a sneeze from someone close by, or used tissue (or mask) is all it takes. Ebola requires contact with blood or other secretions...so coronavirus, like SARS, is much more easily transmitted. Once out of the body, the lifespan of the coronavirus is limited (about a hour or less, probably) so this is a much more dangerous and transmissible virus in densely populated areas like Wuhan. Less populated, less crowded areas, or areas with good quarantine protocols are going to have lower transmission rates.

Like any respiratory virus, this bug is going to mostly kill the very young, the very old, and the immune-compromised. The SARS outbreak mortality rate was about 10% before it was contained. Too early to know, but this particular coronavirus strain looks to be following that pattern. The risk to the US is extremely low, just as it was for SARS.
    Last edited by Hmac; 01-25-20 at 08:44.

Page 7 of 353 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast