Page 8 of 353 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    The local governments and the national government of China are notorious for lying about incredibly serious things if they think it will make them look better.

So the reality is that between not being able to account for all the infected and the Chinese government straight up lying there is really no way to tell how high the number is. But it is almost certainly higher than the claimed number as the response by the Chinese would be way beyond disproportionate for numbers as small as claimed.

I’d also like to point out that it’s, “lol, just a cold, guys.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    News today first reported cases in Europe. Two cases in USA.

Here’s some information via the CDC:
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices...onavirus-china

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    News today first reported cases in Europe. Two cases in USA.

Here’s some information via the CDC:
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices...onavirus-china

Even better, a semi-live map.

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    This keeps getting better, did they do this kind of stuff for SARS?

Xi Jinping: Accelerating Spread of Coronavirus ‘Grave Situation’ — Suspends Tourist Travel Abroad

https://www.breitbart.com/border/202...travel-abroad/
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Our hospital has one patient in isolation who has the symptoms and just traveled back from that area. No hospital has the diagnostics yet, it all has to go out to a lab. So it is in all likelihood one of the other thousand respiratory viruses and not coronovirus, but they are not taking any chances.

Interestingly, I have been away from the front line in our hospital for a few years, but leadership has pinged me to assist with policy for triage in the emergency department. I don't know what they're thinking or what information they have.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    They just cleared the one on Tennessee.

My mom works at the hospital in Cookeville. I was really worried to say the least. (I got my degree from TTU)

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Evidently the Chinese government feels that the economic downturn, the hunger riots, and the unrest that comes from locking down 19 cities is worth it to slow the spread of this, “just a cold.”

I’m curious to see what the second order effects, economically, will be if they have to lock down Shanghai.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If the Chinese are saying 2,000 cases, I would guess it is likely much closer to 10,000 cases.
    Numbers are likely to double every 36 hours.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Thanks for the link. Checked it yesterday, 1400. Today, 2000. Nothing to see here...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    Evidently the Chinese government feels that the economic downturn, the hunger riots, and the unrest that comes from locking down 19 cities is worth it to slow the spread of this, “just a cold.”

I’m curious to see what the second order effects, economically, will be if they have to lock down Shanghai.
    I totally agree with this, the Chinese reaction to this speaks volumes about what is really going on, poo pooing how serious this is is burying your head in the sand. IMO the whole seafood market story is nothing but trying to deflect from the truth, it will likely never be known but I would bet money that patient zero worked at that bio lab. Here's another point to consider, death rate is running 2-4% right now but as this spreads into countries with poorer health care and overwhelms countries with first world systems this will shoot up.

Did China Steal Coronavirus From Canada And Weaponize It?

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitic...d-weaponize-it
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-26-20 at 09:26.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Page 8 of 353 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast