Page 12 of 353 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just watched a Salt Lake City news story about two healthy teenagers who were students at Utah Military Academy that died from the flu 1 day apart. The strain this year might be a bad one.

The 1918 Spanish Flu was different in that it came in two waves, first in the spring that was not too deadly and again in the fall and yes it was different in that it hit young people harder than usual. Also remember it hit during WW I when a lot of were dealing with harsh living conditions.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-26-20 at 22:22.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    I just watched a Salt Lake City news story about two healthy teenagers who were students at Utah Military Academy that died from the flu 1 day apart. The strain this year might be a bad one.

The 1918 Spanish Flu was different in that it came in two waves, first in the spring that was not too deadly and again in the fall and yes it was different in that it hit young people harder than usual. Also remember it hit during WW I when a lot of were dealing with harsh living conditions.
    As of January 24, the CDC has recorded 8200 deaths so far this flu season with a few months to go. The vaccine this year was not a very good match for the early cases, but the CDC says it's seeing a second wave starting. Fortunately, that wave appears to be H1N1 influenza A, for which the vaccine was an an exact match.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Lots of information out there, I'm not sure how much of it is legitimate and how much is trash.
    However, what I am finding interesting is reports coming from within China that they've disallowed travel by automobile unless it is an emergency, or emergency control people are being moved, i.e. Doctors. There are also reports that roads have been blocked by loads of gravel being dumped to cordon off/ totally cut off travle between cities.
    If this is true, I would say that the Chinese aren't reporting the numbers correctly as you don't shut down a country's ability to move people and commerce unless the result of allowing it would be an even greater loss of travel and commerce continued.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Lots of information out there, I'm not sure how much of it is legitimate and how much is trash.
    However, what I am finding interesting is reports coming from within China that they've disallowed travel by automobile unless it is an emergency, or emergency control people are being moved, i.e. Doctors. There are also reports that roads have been blocked by loads of gravel being dumped to cordon off/ totally cut off travle between cities.
    If this is true, I would say that the Chinese aren't reporting the numbers correctly as you don't shut down a country's ability to move people and commerce unless the result of allowing it would be an even greater loss of travel and commerce continued.
    I wouldn't be as concerned if the majority of information of what's happening was coming from any country other than China. The amount of censorship they normally practice is head shaking. Toss in a potential global pandemic that originated within their borders and the party's redaction team is going to be pulling double shifts keeping bad stuff quiet.

China will protect itself and it's image first and foremost. I hope I'm wrong but if we're hearing it's bad, it's probably really bad.

The plus side is that we're aware of it stateside and our ports are looking for it. Couple it with the normal flu prevention that everyone should be practicing and it should go a long way in minimizing any potential impact here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    One of the Anesthesiologists here is from China and a good friend. Brilliant woman, with PhD in Molecular Genetics as well as an MD. Her sister lives just outside of Wuhan and they speak on the phone daily. Her sister has to be very careful what she says because international phone calls are monitored, but she tells me this morning that the conversations so far confirm what you posted above. This woman, whom I've met, is as remarkable as her sister. She's been on the list for a US immigration visa for 14 years.
    Last edited by Hmac; 01-27-20 at 07:31.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    It's just a cold, guys.

I mean, the flu kills people every year.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Case in point for a tough capable 4WD bugout vehicle.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post

Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    China has been a house of cards ready to fall for quite some time. The downside with that is that in order to prevent the fall, the ChiCom government will impose all manner of restrictions to remain in place. This means that even a relatively mild threat will find a heavy-handed reaction coming down on it like a ton of bricks. I'm far more concerned about the PRC overreacting to this than I am the actual virus.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    if those images are true. I could definitely understand why people are starting to freak out.

Page 12 of 353 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast