Page 13 of 353 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Case in point for a tough capable 4WD bugout vehicle.
    Except that photo doesn't show the PLA armor waiting on the other side of the tunnel, 4wd won't help there.

Honestly the reaction of the Chinese government worries me more than the disease, like others have said they are not being honest and open about this whole thing and seem to be overreacting to a somewhat mild virus. My money is still that this a bio weapon research virus that escaped from that BSL-4 lab. If so we are lucky that it is not a lot more lethal.
    Last edited by mack7.62; 01-27-20 at 08:51.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Even if they are being honest, they’ve proven over and over again to be untrustworthy. So you really can’t believe anything they say.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Honestly the reaction of the Chinese government worries me more than the disease, like others have said they are not being honest and open about this whole thing and seem to be overreacting to a somewhat mild virus. My money is still that this a bio weapon research virus that escaped from that BSL-4 lab. If so we are lucky that it is not a lot more lethal.
    And on that note;

It would appear that they are moving the infected IN to Wuhan, the logic behind isolating the infected behind the containment lines has me a bit perplexed.
    The optimist in me says that they are consolidating all support for the patients in Wuhan. All medicine and medical personnel are being centrally located.
    The pessimist is seeing a bunch of infected people who are being written off and removed to prevent further spread of the disease.

Yesterday the international airport in Wuhan still had flights going out, that to me is very concerning because as we now know patients with Coronavirus can spread the disease before they present symptoms.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I'm NOT disrespecting your wife or her knowledge on the subject. Aren't most of the Flu deaths occuring in the elderly and immune compromised people?

The Spanish Flu killed young healthy people.
    Our facility is seeing a flat curve, so while there are the very young and very old and people with comorbidities dying from the flu, we are seeing a higher proportion this year die who had no medical history and who were between 16 and 55.

These folks are put on ECMO very very quickly into the process, literally everything is thrown at them including the kitchen sink.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Our facility is seeing a flat curve, so while there are the very young and very old and people with comorbidities dying from the flu, we are seeing a higher proportion this year die who had no medical history and who were between 16 and 55.

These folks are put on ECMO very very quickly into the process, literally everything is thrown at them including the kitchen sink.
    I've been watching video coming out of China, it would appear they are finding the same things you expressed above. It's no longer the young, old and immune system compromised patients who are dying.
    Mongolia has closed their border.
    The Cities are on lock down, no school, no driving, hospitals appear overwhelmed.
    Those cities on lock down would appear to me a laymen a huge stew pot of viral infection.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    http://https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/
    Well the CDC website appears to be a week pushing week old data.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I've been watching video coming out of China, it would appear they are finding the same things you expressed above. It's no longer the young, old and immune system compromised patients who are dying.
    Mongolia has closed their border.
    The Cities are on lock down, no school, no driving, hospitals appear overwhelmed.
    Those cities on lock down would appear to me a laymen a huge stew pot of viral infection.
    Looks much worse... reported 100k infected in the video, people falling dead in the streets..

https://www.worldstarhiphop.com/vide...fteJ0Ee1ytx5UE

On the Mongolian border..

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...-virus-spreads
    Last edited by jmp45; 01-27-20 at 10:52.

Feedback Score
    The financial markets seem to be noticing the virus today.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    The financial markets seem to be noticing the virus today.
    When I saw that the Chinese were isolating not only Wuhan, but other Cities too, I figured it's going to be a rough week on Wall Street.
    The CDC was estimating the incubation period to be 6-10 days, the Chinese are now claiming 10 to 14 days, if you think about that for a minute and understand that you can spread the disease before you show the symptoms, the numbers become mind boggling in a City of 11 million people. For that matter and entire Country of a Billion of so.
    It certainly wasn't in the best interest of the Chinese Government to increase the numbers of incubation days by what we would call a work week, it actually very likely hurts them.
    If they are coming out with an estimate like that, I would guess it's a lot worse than we now know, but bear this in mind, the information is increasing daily and the seriousness is just now becoming apparent.
    Look at video from the 24th and then compare it to today, the difference is pretty amazing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    As of January 24, the CDC has recorded 8200 deaths so far this flu season with a few months to go. The vaccine this year was not a very good match for the early cases, but the CDC says it's seeing a second wave starting. Fortunately, that wave appears to be H1N1 influenza A, for which the vaccine was an an exact match.
    Now toss in a % of how many die from pneumonia that sprouted from the flu and toss in how many die from heart related issues caused by pneumonia, that sprouted from the flu.
    Much like your local LEO's not having a code for an armed citizen using his/her firearm, to thwart a crime...it happens a bunch, but is not reported as such. Same thing with pneumonia and heart attacks associated with it. A good portion of the time, it started with the flu, but the flu is not the reported cause of death...why? Takes too much work to track it back, when heart attack is perfectly reasonable for a 67 year old male with a history of heart issues.

Page 13 of 353 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast