Page 51 of 353 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: (COVID/ETC CONTENT HERE) China Locks Down 11 Million in Wuhan,

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I just found out that 5 patients that are confirmed to have the Coronavirus are being transported cross country to Sacred Heart in Spokane, Washington (Where zero cases have been confirmed thus far) because they have a good holding facility.

Nothing can go wrong with that, right? Transporting infected patients across the Country to a non infected zone, perfectly safe I'm sure.....
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I just found out that 5 patients that are confirmed to have the Coronavirus are being transported cross country to Sacred Heart in Spokane, Washington (Where zero cases have been confirmed thus far) because they have a good holding facility.

Nothing can go wrong with that, right? Transporting infected patients across the Country to a non infected zone, perfectly safe I'm sure.....
    I mean, we do have protocols for that sort of thing that include precautions for the transport team, sanitizing everything post trip, and proper facilities for quarantine. It’s not like they are going to fly them commercial with a mask, a bottle of purell in their pocket, and wish them luck on their journey.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Life's a Hillary View Post
    I mean, we do have protocols for that sort of thing that include precautions for the transport team, sanitizing everything post trip, and proper facilities for quarantine. It’s not like they are going to fly them commercial with a mask, a bottle of purell in their pocket, and wish them luck on their journey.
    I saw a video where the Norwegian government ran an, "ebola," drill - where the drill was that a patient in a smaller hospital in Norway had come down with ebola and the subsequent transportation of the patient to St. Olav's Hostipal in Trondheim (where better facilities exist to care for - and quarantine - a contagious person suffering from ebola): As I recall, it basically consisted of loading the patient into a specialized ambulance, which was then driven to the airport, and the ambulance was then loaded into a military C-130. The C-130 (with the ambulance loaded - and patient and medical personnel and driver still in the ambulance) was then flown to Trondheim, where the ambulance would be unloaded and then drive onto St. Olav's.

I imagine we would have a similar system here.

Maybe.

If the government learned anything from the almost-ebola outbreak a few years back. Or maybe they did until they decided it was too expensive and the government wanted to spend the money on something else.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Definitely flu season when the FBI is ordering masks and Purell.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/20/fbi-...mic-in-us.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I saw a video where the Norwegian government ran an, "ebola," drill - where the drill was that a patient in a smaller hospital in Norway had come down with ebola and the subsequent transportation of the patient to St. Olav's Hostipal in Trondheim (where better facilities exist to care for - and quarantine - a contagious person suffering from ebola): As I recall, it basically consisted of loading the patient into a specialized ambulance, which was then driven to the airport, and the ambulance was then loaded into a military C-130. The C-130 (with the ambulance loaded - and patient and medical personnel and driver still in the ambulance) was then flown to Trondheim, where the ambulance would be unloaded and then drive onto St. Olav's.

I imagine we would have a similar system here.

Maybe.

If the government learned anything from the almost-ebola outbreak a few years back. Or maybe they did until they decided it was too expensive and the government wanted to spend the money on something else.
    There’s a series on Netflix called Pandemic that just recently came out (strange timing) and they show this sort of thing for Ebola as well. There are definitely protocols in place.

Feedback Score
    Well, shit...

Studies show COVID-19 likely has multiple infection routes

As the COVID-19 outbreak grows in China and abroad, new studies attempt to answer questions on how the virus is shed and the range of clinical outcomes, with two studies indicating that shedding—and therefore transmission—likely occurs via multiple routes.

Currently, testing for and confirmation of infection with COVID-19 is conducted via oral swabs. But in a study published in Emerging Microbes & Infections, Chinese scientists report evidence of an oral-fecal transmission route for COVID-19 viruses and show that, in hospitalized patients, viral RNA was found in anal swabs and in blood samples.

The study was conducted in a Wuhan, China, hospital, with samples collected from 178 patients. The study authors found viral nucleotide in anal swabs or blood even when it was not detected in oral swabs, especially in patients who had been receiving supportive care for several days.

The results of the study are the first to show COVID-19 could be transmitted via respiratory, fecal-oral, or body fluid routes, the authors say. They also warn that a patient with negative oral swabs after several days of illness may still be capable of transmitting the virus.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-persp...fection-routes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HardToHandle View Post
    The results of the study are the first to show COVID-19 could be transmitted via respiratory, fecal-oral, or body fluid routes, the authors say. They also warn that a patient with negative oral swabs after several days of illness may still be capable of transmitting the virus.
    That'd be a great feature for a bio-weapon. How strange that so many of the disease's aspects fit that role.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    If you think the trucks and guys vaping public areas are just a Chinese publicity stunt, think again. South Korea just blew up with 200+ cases now and they started retracing infected people's steps and vaping everywhere they went.

Coming to a city near you, but hey its just a the flu.

Last edited by vicious_cb; 02-21-20 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Some updates.

Coronavirus-infected Americans flown back to US on plane full of healthy people

https://nypost.com/2020/02/20/corona...ealthy-people/

"The 14 coronavirus-stricken Americans evacuated from a cruise ship in Japan were flown back to the US on a plane full of healthy people against advice from the CDC, a report said Thursday.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention officials argued the 14 infected Diamond Princess passengers shouldn’t be flown back with the 300 or so virus-free people — but ultimately lost the battle to the US State Department, according to the Washington Post."

If I was one of the 300 I'd be pissed.

Coronavirus: South Korea 'emergency' measures as infections increase

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-51582186

"On Thursday, 53 new cases were reported. South Korea now has a total of 204 cases making it the largest cluster outside mainland China and the cruise ship docked off Japan."

And it's loose in Iran.

"The virus has also spread in Iran, which reported two further deaths among 13 new cases, bringing the total number of deaths there to four.

Lebanon also announced its first confirmed case.

In Iran the outbreak is centred on the holy city of Qom, south of the capital Tehran, but health ministry official Minou Mohrez said it was possible that the virus had spread to "all cities in Iran".

The case in Lebanon was a 45-year-old woman who had travelled from Qom, Lebanese Health Minister Hassan Hamad said."
    Last edited by mack7.62; 02-21-20 at 08:46.
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    Fantastic. Why should the state department listen to the pesky CDC, what could they know?

Page 51 of 353 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast