Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold pending trade:Premier Reticles V8, 1-8 scope

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Sold pending trade:Premier Reticles V8, 1-8 scope

image.jpgimage.jpgFolks, if you know what this is, just go ahead and buy it. For those of you that are not sure, hold onto your hat. THIS scope is the real deal. It was one of the first real attempts at manufacturing a 1-8 power scope.
    Premier Reticles is a legendary name in the scope industry. I have put together the story as best I know, but don’t claim to know everything. PR started off as an aftermarket reticle designer and all around scope “hot rodder” for other scopemakers. They partnered with Leupold and etched reticles into scopes going into military sniping service for the US military when Leupold was only making wire reticles. They would also add internal lenses primarily for benchrest shooters to increase the magnification of off the shelf scopes. Perhaps my favorite tidbit of info is that PR designed the reticle system for the legendary Schmidt and Bender Short Dot low power variable scopes... it was thru this interaction that when PR decided to start manufacturing their own line of high end scopes, Schmidt and Bender (who manufactures their own lenses) sold lenses for the PR scopes. To my knowledge, PR scopes are the only scopes to use Schmidt and Bender glass outside of Schmidt and Bender. Premier Reticles and Schmidt and Bender were granted a joint contract to produce 3-12 variable scopes for us by USMC scout snipers. The development of the model V8 1-8 scope came right at the end of the line for PR. . Some say the cost of developing the scope I am selling and failure to bring it to market was responsible for the folding of the company. PR was bought out by Tangent Theta (a Canadian scope manufacturer)...anybody want a $5000 scope? Go buy a Tangent Theta, they have plenty of them. Anyway, Tangent Theta bought the company for the intellectual rights and never produced a scope under the Premier Reticles name. They do, however; put a lifetime warranty on any Premier Reticles scope.
    Now, that was a long background story. Let me finally get around to telling you about this particular scope I am selling. It is a model v8. The magnification range printed on the scope is 1.1-8. The magnification range is actually 1.06-8... in other words pretty dang close to a true 1 power (close enough that it looks like 1 power to me). This scope was made in Winchester Virginia. It has a 34mm tube and has a first and second focal plane reticle... I know that sounds wrong. Let me explain... it has an illuminated dot in the second focal plane that is Aimpoint bright. This is visible from 1 power up to about 2.5 power. As you continue to dial up magnification, the dot disappears and the 1st focal plane mil dot reticle takes over. It is an illuminated reticle. The illumination knob has a lock out function so that it cannot be accidentally turned on and off and there is an off position between each number on the knob. The turrets are exposed with a lock out function, and has a zero stop function that can be set without tools or disassembly of the turrets. The adjustments on the turrets are .1 milrad.
    This scope is built like an absolute tank... if you were in the field and your hammer broke, you could probably use this scope to finish off the job. This scope is RARE... I don’t have any paperwork for it (although instructions for use are the same as any other PR scope with these turrets). I called Tangent Theta to get an owners manual a few years ago and was told that this scope never made it to production and they were very surprised that I had one. They said that no manual had ever been printed for it. A google search reveals that they had been listed for sale but I don’t know if any ever shipped. I checked some of the optics forum and they were a hot topic from around 2010-2012, but I never saw anyone saying they had one... only asking questions about when they would be available. I don’t want to say definitively that this is the only one out in the wild, but I have never seen another one or met anyone that has, and my circle of gun people is pretty wide.
    This scope was supposed to retail around $3,800 from what I have been able to put together. I am looking for $2000 for this one in a Larue mount. Condition of the glass is perfect, but there are some scuffs on the turrets and the battery compartment lid is a little boogered up.
    Thanks for reading, hopefully I have answered your questions before you asked, but I would be happy to answer any others that you may have.C403D818-EAE0-4006-B4EF-A4232931D27C.jpg5193CCDE-D3E7-47EE-B550-78D215F6F146.jpg
    Last edited by Breadman; 04-20-20 at 12:13. Reason: Sold

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Bump...

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Bump.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    These pictures are really horrible. I can email or text much better ones if you would like.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Bump.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Bump.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Bump ttt

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Bump.