Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VA Bill: Class 1 Misdemeanor To Insult Governor, other officials

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Unless a threat to someone has been made in said free speech this will not pass Constitutional muster.
    As Mozart mentioned the sedition act which was all good.

Jefferson should have rounded up and put the whole lot of them on trial for treason.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is what will happen on the federal level if the ComDems ever get control of both the House and the Senate. They will go for the gusto because they know that activist judges will not do anything to stop them.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    I think if passed, , It should start with all the Left Wing supporters who threaten the current Federal Republican Administration...

Feedback Score
    Is this a joke? Seriously.

That is so patently unconstitutional it is hard to think of how uneducated someone would be to propose that.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Is this a joke? Seriously.

That is so patently unconstitutional it is hard to think of how uneducated someone would be to propose that.
    100% the same. I can't really add anything.

This is totally bizarre, you wonder if there is some clever hidden agenda, or if they are just THAT stupid.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    I T S T I M E

This is the single best gif I’ve ever seen. 10/10

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They really need to send in a Federal Task Force and clean out the Capital!

Feedback Score
    From the bill:
    § 18.2-152.7:1. Harassment by computer; penalty.

If any person, with the intent to coerce, intimidate, or harass any person, shall use a computer or computer network to communicate obscene, vulgar, profane, lewd, lascivious, or indecent language, or make any suggestion or proposal of an obscene nature, or threaten any illegal or immoral act, he shall be is guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. A violation of this section may be prosecuted in the jurisdiction in which the communication was made or received or in the City of Richmond if the person subjected to the act is one of the following officials or employees of the Commonwealth: the Governor, Governor-elect, Lieutenant Governor, Lieutenant Governor-elect, Attorney General, or Attorney General-elect, a member or employee of the General Assembly, a justice of the Supreme Court of Virginia, or a judge of the Court of Appeals of Virginia."

Would the author(s) of the bill recognize an immoral act if one were presented to them?
    I have some doubts.
    Obviously some are -more equal than others.-

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Most of that is already VA law.

What is new is if the special group is insulted, the trial venue gets switched to Richmond so maybe the sanctuary areas are something of a concern.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    . . . . or threaten any illegal or immoral act . . . .
    I wonder if that means posting

“Molon Labe bitches! You’ll never take my AR!!!”

online means they can prosecute. And the whole “search incident to arrest” game means, once you’re on the hook for “threatening any illegal act” by vowing to keep your illegal firearms, they can now search your domicile for said firearms.

To a dark place, this path leads

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast