Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: PSA New AK's -Shot Show

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    I agree with RetroRevolver when it comes to AK. There is something to be said about true combloc rifles. I’ll wait and see how Robski’s 5000 PSA AK test turns out for this particular model before I buy one. I definitely want a 7.62x39 AK, and frankly, I find it hard to swallow spending > $2k on a Rifle Dynamics or the like

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    There is a minimum standard that I have for my collection. I only buy firearms manufactured by companies that produce for their respective nation's military. That's it.
    That's understandable, I have had to check that box before. There are certainly quality options out there, though. AK options seem to be very limited at the moment, but hopefully someone will get it together enough to fix the market

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Do you know the story on their more expensive Romanian AK? Doesn't give a lot of info it seems

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll be looking if PSA gets into Galil and/or Valmet repros...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I'll be looking if PSA gets into Galil and/or Valmet repros...
    Why, so you can beta test an unreliable facsimile? Sorry. I couldn’t resist.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:40.

Feedback Score
    But it doesn't get that cold where I live...

Most everyone considers reliability the most important attribute of a military type rifle and I'd tend to agree. However, we need to look at the bigger picture when determining what's best. Semi auto and full auto rifles were not developed because they more reliable (or more accurate) than bolt action rifles. So, there had to be a reason that militaries were willing to sacrifice reliability. I'm thinking that was volume of fire. A less reliable semi or full auto can put more bullets down range on average than a more reliable bolt action rifle. The result is more hits in spite of the less reliable design. Let's apply the same thought process to accuracy. I'll just make up some numbers for the point of discussion. If an AK is 99.99% reliable and a competing rifle is 99.9% reliable, but the competing rifle is twice as accurate as the AK, which would you rather have? Which is going to save more of your soldiers' lives and cost more of your enemies' lives? In the end it comes down to which is best on average at hitting enemy targets in the shortest amount of time. Assuming that the AK is the most reliable military rifle, does that really make it the best?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast