Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA New AK's -Shot Show

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it’s true, they are doing us all a huge service. Who knows. PSA has never been my cup o tea, but it’s a fact that the contemporary inexpensive AR of today is orders of magnitude better than the cheap garbage low tier ARs of yesteryears.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    I wish them the best, but their history of poor QC and using their customers as product testers makes me skeptical. My last purchases from them were a PA-10 lower half and a PA-10 upper half. When I snapped the two together I found that there was a nickel width gap between the upper and lower at the rear vertical mating surfaces. I called and they asked me to send it to them for inspection. When I received it back there was literally nothing done to resolve the problem nor was there an explanation. The customer service manager refused to talk with me when I called. He told the customer service representative that I spoke with that it met industry quality standards. When I asked her to find out what industry standards allowed for a nickel width gap between the upper and lower, he then said that it met their quality standards. I was then told that I could return the upper half for a full refund (which I did), but I couldn't return the lower half because it had already been transferred to me. My response to that was to ask how I was to know that their QC would be so poor until I actually put the upper and lower together. It didn't matter. No refund for me. I have not purchased anything from the since. If anyone wants a PA-10 lower half cheap, I have one for sale. Bottom line, if my experience is any indication, their QC is crap, they don't care about putting out a poor quality product and they don't stand behind what they sell. They follow the Century model. Their selling point is price. That's it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    I wish them the best, but their history of poor QC and using their customers as product testers makes me skeptical. My last purchases from them were a PA-10 lower half and a PA-10 upper half. When I snapped the two together I found that there was a nickel width gap between the upper and lower at the rear vertical mating surfaces. I called and they asked me to send it to them for inspection. When I received it back there was literally nothing done to resolve the problem nor was there an explanation. The customer service manager refused to talk with me when I called. He told the customer service representative that I spoke with that it met industry quality standards. When I asked her to find out what industry standards allowed for a nickel width gap between the upper and lower, he then said that it met their quality standards. I was then told that I could return the upper half for a full refund (which I did), but I couldn't return the lower half because it had already been transferred to me. My response to that was to ask how I was to know that their QC would be so poor until I actually put the upper and lower together. It didn't matter. No refund for me. I have not purchased anything from the since. If anyone wants a PA-10 lower half cheap, I have one for sale. Bottom line, if my experience is any indication, their QC is crap, they don't care about putting out a poor quality product and they don't stand behind what they sell. They follow the Century model. Their selling point is price. That's it.
    Eh, I have an Aero Precision M5 receiver set that has a gap like that. I personally don't really care, and I used the set to build a 6.5 Creedmoor rifle. If you purchase something at PSA (or Aero) prices, you can sort of expect a few wrinkles now and then. If they affect performance, PSA has recently gotten much better at helping customers out.

ETA: I have a PSA AK-P Gen3 coming in so I guess I'll find out if PSA is the real deal...
    Last edited by caporider; 01-30-20 at 12:42.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    I picked up a PSAK-47 MOEkov last Friday. I'm waiting on mags and ammo. Initial inspection is encouraging though. Everything is straight and well fitted. No rattles. Can't wait to shoot it.
    They had some AK-Es today but sold out in 1.25 hours. They have the FN CHF CL barrels and Nickle Boron bolts.

20200127_124054.jpg20200127_124149.jpg

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I snagged an AK-E out of the first batch, very impressed with it thus far.

Also have the AK-P and AK-V, admittedly low round counts but no issues other than lack of concentricity with the AK-P threads.

The wife took possession of my AK-V, very fun gun.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniffler View Post
    I picked up a PSAK-47 MOEkov last Friday. I'm waiting on mags and ammo. Initial inspection is encouraging though. Everything is straight and well fitted. No rattles. Can't wait to shoot it.
    They had some AK-Es today but sold out in 1.25 hours. They have the FN CHF CL barrels and Nickle Boron bolts.

20200127_124054.jpg20200127_124149.jpg
    That plum is absolutely beautiful.

Man, I hope one day I can build a Larry Vickers alpha AK from a PSA pistol. Just need them to do the 12.4" barrel in a pistol. 5.45 preferably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    I keep hoping a giant meteor takes out PSA.
    Why? Most of us educated AR buyers are well aware of PSA's prior QC issues. If they are trying to improve upon that track record AND introducing new product lines what would the issue be? Sure, I won't be a beta-tester for anything (learned that lesson long ago) but I'd love to have a pistol-braced Krink clone with a chrome lined barrel in the original 5.45x39.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    I keep hoping a giant meteor takes out PSA.
    You know, I’ve hated on them tons, and probably will continue to do so with regards to quality issues.

But I’m respecting this biggly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:51.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast