Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: PSA New AK's -Shot Show

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

PSA New AK's -Shot Show

PSA is the Ford Model T of guns. I’m guessing they have put more guns in law abiding citizens hands than most other manufacturers in the past 5 years. Expanding ownership is a beautiful thing for the 2A imo.
    Last edited by Vegas; 02-08-20 at 13:06.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I probably wouldn’t argue with anything you are saying but ultimately, market forces and demands dictate.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:51.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    I am starting to think they are trying to undercut all the mil spec certified manufacturers until those companies are shuttered and there is no one left to buy from. Kind of like when Cerberus Capital bought up some of the larger firearms manufacturers a few years ago. Look at the bigger picture long term.
    Remind me how that's gone for Cerberus, again.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    My first krink build over thirteen years ago cost me several thousand dollars by one of the best AK gunsmith's in the country. Each part was force matched to a rare early 80's Tula trunnion which a portion of that serial number had to be scrubbed and force matched as well using the same period correct font. The detail that went into that particular build is amazing. In addition each component was sourced to be period correct as an exact replica of the AKS-74U 1984 Soldier of Fortune article. The receiver itself was selectively serial numbered to the rifle such that all numbers are matching. In addition I have a mid 80's Izhevsk AKS-74 build along with an all matching RPK variant. This along with original imported FEG's, Arsenal's, etc. Marshall Arms, AK-USA, Piece of History Firearms, Azex Arms, Gewehr Werks were just a few names among maybe a dozen master level AK builders out there. Only a couple of these original high quality AK gunsmiths remain today and last I spoke to one of them- he wasn't doing well trying to keep afloat. Once they are all gone that era will close forever as no one will be able to replicate the quality of work that was done at that time. Essentially the era of collecting is over, we'll see the last AK gunsmiths close their doors and all of it being thrown down by these cheap replicas just as we saw the biggest name in the AR industry stop selling AR's to the public because they can't compete at the price point of similar cheap AR's. Rifles aren't meant to be cheap, they are meant to be quality whether it's an original 1986 AKS-74 build with all period correct components, an RPK, or a mil spec Colt M4 or even an MP5. Watching some mouth breather talk about their cheap US made MP5, cheap US AK build or cheap non mil spec AR variant is just ridiculous.
    Everyone has their own idea of what a firearm should be. I’m not one to judge others views or ideas but what you are talking about sounds a little like elitism. There has been a movement around since at least the 1930’s that has been trying to take firearms out of common folks hands by elevating the price.

I have little experience with psa. I’ve bought small parts for AR15’s and ammunition from them and it has always been positive. Aks have always been cheap to me. Chinese MAK90 and Bulgarian Milled AKs. Shooting cheap ammo. That was fun. And now I need an AK74 to shoot all of the 7N6 that I bought when it was cheap. So psa has my attention. If the JAKl uppers ever become available and they work I will buy one. Same for their MP5. The glock clone I have zero interest in but I will commend them for bringing an utilitarian pistol to market for an utilitarian price. Psa’s spiker ak just makes me want to buy a Polytech.
    I wish psa the best of luck if they succeed it will benefit us all.

Eta: I’m not saying that I’m trading in my Daniel Defense on a PSA or my Acogs for Primary Arms I have no problem spending money on quality. Look at the intended purpose. Shooting, collecting, self defense. I think that for most of us it’s a combination of at least two if not all three. For me I like a bargain police trade inns, surplus mausers, sks when they were cheap ect. There’s a difference between a shooter and a defensive firearm. At the end of the day the more people that own and regularly use their guns the better off we will all be even if it is a psa that they buy instead of a Colt, Glock or Arsenal.
    Last edited by Pikey; 02-09-20 at 11:21. Reason: Spelling

Feedback Score
    At what price? The cost of actual mil spec manufacturers and builders who aren't interested in competing against non mil spec mass produced daily deals? At the very minimum people can get say an Armalite M15 for a quality budget priced AR or step up to a moderate Colt LE6920 within a reasonable amount. Same goes for buying an import Cugir WASR or stepping up to an Arsenal. Now they are being driven out of the market entirely until likely there will be no military grade manufacturers selling to the US domestic market in the coming decade- that's the real cost to all this.
    When I was young and poor I got an EA15 because pre ban Colts were too much. Didn't stop me from going Colt, LMT later on. Colts gone (from rifles) but BCM is here.. Bushmaster gone, PSA is still here. It's all good, capitalism baby!

Feedback Score
    I personally think PSA is staffed by huge patriots. They’re not top tier and don’t claim to be. We have Hodge Defense and KAC which put Colt to shame.

Historically accurate reproductions are one thing - I concede those may be going the way of the dodo. But, forged trunnions, and a FN CHF barrel? Remember Hodge? Yeah FN makes their barrels.

It sounds to me like PSA knows what they’re good at and not.

You’re going to shriek when I tell you this. I’m seriously contemplating selling my Arsenal SGL-21 (A Russian AK basically) to buy one of their AK-103’s.

Also, DPMS and Bushmaster were nowhere near as Pro-Gun as PSA. I’m happy to see PSA prosper - the others sold out long ago anyway. I’m happy to see the large non-gun centric public holdings company getting out of the gun business.

God Bless,

Brandon

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:50.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Glad I got my quality mil spec grade rifles when they were available.
    There isn't quality available now? I still don't understand what you're getting at besides looking down your nose at people who are satisfied with their $700 AK

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast