Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PSA New AK's -Shot Show

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Not only has AKOU ran multiple PSA AK's and had decent results, but Jim Fuller himself knew about PSA's upcoming offerings awhile back and thought it was a good thing to get 4340 forged trunions made in America. Josh is clearly just stuck on the 2011 dogma of "PSA- BAD".
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Why would anyone trust PSA to produce a quality AK74? Let alone pay $900 for one.
    I haven't seen anything yet from individual testing that would produce a reason not to buy one, so....

I mean, I like premium AK's but I'm not running out to buy an Arsenal anytime soon, whether they are an investment or not.
    Last edited by Hexxus; 09-02-20 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    Not only has AKOU ran multiple PSA AK's and had decent results, but Jim Fuller himself knew about PSA's upcoming offerings awhile back and thought it was a good thing to get 4340 forged trunions made in America. Josh is clearly just stuck on the 2011 dogma of "PSA- BAD".
    It’s your money, do with it what you want. I won’t be buying a PSA AK of any variety. AKOU admittedly ain’t my shtick though. But I’m of the buy once, cry once philosophy. I’d rather spend $1500-2k for a quality AK.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    It’s your money, do with it what you want. I won’t be buying a PSA AK of any variety. AKOU admittedly ain’t my shtick though. But I’m of the buy once, cry once philosophy. I’d rather spend $1500-2k for a quality AK.
    What does that get you? What 'features and specs' make an AK quality? I don't know as much about the AK platform as I do the AR platform. What I can tell you is that my PSA AR's (two) are quality sticks with CASES of ammunition underneath them. 7075 buffer tubes, cerro marked recievers, dry film lube, yada yada yada...

If you could actually qualify or quantify in what way PSA AK's are lacking that would be more helpful then; "PSA??!!! NOO WAYYY"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    What does that get you? What 'features and specs' make an AK quality? I don't know as much about the AK platform as I do the AR platform. What I can tell you is that my PSA AR's (two) are quality sticks with CASES of ammunition underneath them. 7075 buffer tubes, cerro marked recievers, dry film lube, yada yada yada...

If you could actually qualify or quantify in what way PSA AK's are lacking that would be more helpful then; "PSA??!!! NOO WAYYY"
    I purchased a PA-10 lower half and a PA-10 upper half from PSA. When I snapped the two halves together, I immediately noticed that there was a monstrous gap between the upper and lower receivers. I could literally fit a dime between the two. I sent it back to PSA and they returned it back to me having fixed nothing and with zero explanation. When I called I was told by the customer service supervisor that it fires and meets PSA standards. They would allow me to return the upper half for a refund, but not the lower half because it was already transferred to me. I still have it and want to sell it, but would feel guilty selling it to a fellow gun owner. PSA has a history of producing defective products and then coming out with multiple future generations of said products to fix the design defects. If you buy one of the initial generation firearms, then you're SOL. I know a lot more about AK's than I do about AR's. One thing is for sure. There's no way the same people who made the PA-10 halves that I purchased could make a quality AK. If PSA is making a quality AK, they're either having someone else make it or they realized their operations were not up to snuff and hired people who know what they're doing. I hope for the latter, but am skeptical.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    For real, though..... does PSA have AKs figured out? I don’t like their ARs, but I’m willing to have an open mind about it for another 74. Finding good mags sucks though.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    For real, though..... does PSA have AKs figured out? I don’t like their ARs, but I’m willing to have an open mind about it for another 74. Finding good mags sucks though.
    Results looking good so far after the issues with the Gen 1's. Forged trunnions. Now they are offering premium rifles with FN CHF barrels, like their AR's. Side-folding stocks. It's a viable option for those who don't want to spend the money on an Arsenal or Krebs, but don't want to take a chance on a Century.
    Last edited by Hexxus; 09-03-20 at 01:13.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    https://youtu.be/BkE1gJfbyPw

https://youtu.be/O1xQ9fO5G6I

https://youtu.be/rxk1wAOznsU

https://youtu.be/xFNDjjyLIUM

3 different PSA models. The last one only has 1 case under it, but he will update when it gets to his regular 5,000 round benchmark.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456