Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hard Choice

Feedback Score
    teufelhound1918 your 100% correct.

Most Israelis are cut from the mold of King David and Avraham.

Most American Jews are#ussies

Feedback Score
    What’s the issue with approaching them and introducing yourself?

Feedback Score
    They need to want to meet for the purpose of security, can't be bothered. I don't know who all the gun carriers are.

Friendly fire is a sore subject with my had a friend become a criple from it and had to go out on disability from the unit.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am the only guy that has been in gun fights.....What say you?
    We have armed on duty officers during Fri. night/Saturday Shabbos and for the Wed/Sun Hebrew school(for kids 3-18 for those not familiar). Wed/Sun see lots of parents as well for continuing ed. religious classes. Our shul also allows armed members. We are lucky in that we have retired 0311 Marines and two from 19th Group at Williams. All are in the 30's and 40's and still keep active in physical fitness, shooting/tactics and are in touch with AD friends. They are all still very sharp.

Point being, the shul knows they have BTDT so have high confidence in them and LISTEN.

Next point; Yoni you know how even reluctant Jews feel when they hear someone has been a member of one of Yisrael's elite units. You need to get that info. out there. Just mention your credentials in a non-asshole way and slowly, nicely take a "reluctant" leading roll. There are very few with your experience and skills and they will come around.

IIRC, you were 89/Unit 217/Duvdevan; CERTIFIABLE bad mother f**k**s.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post

IIRC, you were 89/Unit 217/Duvdevan; CERTIFIABLE bad mother f**k**s.
    Nope.

Higher up the food chain.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Since your security consists of untrained and unorganized people, I would think that the last place you'd want to be is in the middle of the action. Personally, in that situation, I'd sit way in the back as the vantage from which to defend my life. Now, if you feel, for some reason, like you should somehow take responsibility for providing armed protection for the congregation, that might not work for you. But personally I carry a gun to protect my life, not to provide security services for other people or organizations.

Feedback Score
    We have one guy at synagogue that knows my background from a mutual friend, he works in intel for the USA but is a computer guy. We have a history professor that give lectures in the community, and it's pretty fun to hear it from the books and then once in a while raise my hand and offer some insight. I brought some pictures to the professor once and a fraction of my documents, it was great time for him. He learned history, but rarely met someone who was in the middle of it. The greatest thing I showed him was a picture from my time in Chechnya.

If I were the generation of my mentors, then he would really have some history. I had mentors that were members of 101 the first commando unit in Israel. 2 family members at Entebee, as my SEAL friends would call him plank holder of YAMAM, and some other guys that we can't even bring up in gross generalizations.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like you already have your solution. Maybe over time one or two of those guys will be responsive, then you are ahead of the game. If not, and something happens, you'll work as your conscience dictates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12