Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sling Recommenations

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoPoweR View Post
    Ferro Concepts Slingster has been working great for me. Have it on 3 different rifles.
    Are you experiencing similar issues as seen in the linked post?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...75#post2702375

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Are you experiencing similar issues as seen in the linked post?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...75#post2702375
    This is not a problem when you are using the rifle. If you transport your rifle in a rifle case it can be an issue. You can fold the sling in such a way that it won't be a problem. The Slingster uses metal hardware vs plastic.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I bought a Proctor sling due to it's minimalistic nature. I like it fair enough.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerguns View Post
    I bought a Proctor sling due to it's minimalistic nature. I like it fair enough.
    I'm set on the VCAS but have considered buying a Proctor for that very reason.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excluding 3 point slings and basic web slings, I started with 1.5" Boonie Packers, then tried a Vickers and liked it due to the reduced weight/bulk, then tried a WOTG and switched over to them for another weight/bulk drop.

My need for adjustment is more for snugging when climbing than anything else and use the sling just as a way to hang on to the carbine when I need my hands free so most of the time it is just there and not supporting the carbine.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-30-20 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Blue Force Gear slings are great, simple and effective.
    RealeyesRealizeRealLies

BCM 16" RECCE MK2 DkBrz, Custom Mk12 Mod1 built by Monty LeClair, 16" Middy w/ HCS RECCE barrel, A5, Young NM BCG, SSP, Geissele NM rail, Ops Inc., Super CH. 14.5" middy Noveske Afghan X3, 10.3" pistol DD barrell, Benelli M4, Ruger 10/22 w/Victor stock, GLOCK 17 Gen 4, Dan Wesson Valor Duty Coat, Dan Wesson Valor Blue, Dan Wesson Silverback 10mm, S&W 27 4"

B Co 4th502nd Inf Reg. '86-'90. 11b
    B Co 3rd187th InfReg. '90-'94. 11b
    Iron Rakkasans

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have the padded VCAS and VTAC. The more I used the VCAS the less I like it. IMO it doesn't have enough adjusment range and I don't like how thick the material is. For these reasons I like the VTAC better. I don't like the long tail, but it has more adjustment and I can cinch the rifle down against my body when I want to.

I also have a few of the Magpul MS4 slings and like them quite a bit. Someone mentioned earlier that they didn't like them but didn't elaborate why. I've run them in multiple matches and classes and haven't had any trouble with them. I like the material better than the VCAS or VTAC, the slider works well, and (maybe because it's not padded) it seems to have more adjustment range than the VCAS to me. Not quite as much as the VTAC but it works. I also feel it's a good value considering it comes with QD and 2-to-1 point conversion hardware.

Ranking all three I consider the MS4 and VTAC pretty close but I'd probably give the edge to the MS4. The VCAS is a distant 3rd.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I have the Magpul MS4 that I use and I like it. I put side mount attachment on the MLOK rail and the Magpul buttstock has sling mount so I use a two point sling most of the time. I did put a Magpul ambidextrous sling attachment point QD so I can use a single point sling if I want.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456