Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sling Recommenations

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Personally, I've been a user of padded and unpadded versions of the metal hardware VCAS, of which I own 3. I own 2 plastic hardware versions and do not like them.I am intrigued by the Slingster, but I don't want to scratch my guns up with it. I like the SOB B Sling as well, but don't want the tail. As such, I feel the perfect balance is still the VCAS w/metal.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I use VCAS slings. Padded and unpadded. Metal hardware and plastic. Including one of what is now sold as the Standard Issue Vickers Sling, back when it was the only way they made the sling. Apart from precision rifles and historically configured weapons (like my Garand, FAL, not-an-XM16E1), I see no reason to buy anything else for a general purpose fighting longarm.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    haley strategic d3

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been using the VCAS padded sling with both metal and plastic hardware on multiple rifles, both AR and bolt, for a while now and haven't found anything I like more. I absolutely don't like the tail on the VTAC sling. I just looked at the Slingster and am a bit intrigued.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    I use VCAS slings. Padded and unpadded. Metal hardware and plastic. Including one of what is now sold as the Standard Issue Vickers Sling, back when it was the only way they made the sling. Apart from precision rifles and historically configured weapons (like my Garand, FAL, not-an-XM16E1), I see no reason to buy anything else for a general purpose fighting longarm.
    This.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    VCAS padded Here.

I’ve played with the VTAC, Haley, Magpul, Fire force. All were meh and prone to twisting and getting jammed up in the hardware.

The one thing I’d like to see the VCAS do is add a tubular padded section so it can move and roll with movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Blue Force Gear works great for me.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    The one thing I’d like to see the VCAS do is add a tubular padded section so it can move and roll with movement. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How padded/rigid of a tubular section do you want? That could probably be added as an aftermarket addition with a bit of tinkering...

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    How padded/rigid of a tubular section do you want? That could probably be added as an aftermarket addition with a bit of tinkering...
    I’d say take the existing padded section exactly how it is and just make it round?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ferro Concepts Slingster has been working great for me. Have it on 3 different rifles.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast