Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sling Recommenations

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Blue force Vickers.
    In the beginning, I tried a couple of different single point slings and an array of two point slings for my AR's. First impression with a bueforce vickers = stuck one on each of my AR's. Seems their prices have gone up over the last decade and that they offer metal adjustment parts now, but my plastic parts have survived several classes and many hunting/shooting trips. If I ever reinvest in slings I might get the metal part options.

No pads. My experience with pads on slings is they are the first thing to fall apart. The foam material dries out and disintegrates and either the stitching or the thin vinyl material over said foam rips/tears and falls apart too. Seen it on back packs, computer bags, duffel bags, shotgun slings, you name it. So I don't even bother with padded slings if I can avoid them.
    Last edited by matemike; 01-26-20 at 07:31.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    You would prefer what, Adam Schiff in a business suit?

Andy
    ^^^ Anyway, I do like the concept of that PHD sling on a HD carbine. I may pick one up for that purpose.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    War eagle sir.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    War eagle sir.
    My wife is an Alabama fan, my DIL backs Auburn. I am neutral and just enjoy stirring the pot when either team is playing.

Unpadded Vickers sling here I think I have three of them.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 01-26-20 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_hawg View Post
    The SOB b-sling is to me a great alternative for a 1” lightweight sling vs the WOTG. In my humble opinion - the tightening and release mechanisms are faster and superior.
    I've been curious about this sling compared to the WOTG slings that I'm using now and really like. Is there anything outside of the tightening and release mechanisms that you find more desirable?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    Blue force Vickers.
    In the beginning, I tried a couple of different single point slings and an array of two point slings for my AR's. First impression with a bueforce vickers = stuck one on each of my AR's. Seems their prices have gone up over the last decade and that they offer metal adjustment parts now, but my plastic parts have survived several classes and many hunting/shooting trips. If I ever reinvest in slings I might get the metal part options.

No pads. My experience with pads on slings is they are the first thing to fall apart. The foam material dries out and disintegrates and either the stitching or the thin vinyl material over said foam rips/tears and falls apart too. Seen it on back packs, computer bags, duffel bags, shotgun slings, you name it. So I don't even bother with padded slings if I can avoid them.
    Yup. I’ve been using unpadded Vickers slings with metal hardware since 2009 or 2010. With some retro exceptions, all my rifles have one. I still have my first one and it still gets used. Maybe I’ll give the plastic hardware a chance on my next one.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    I've been curious about this sling compared to the WOTG slings that I'm using now and really like. Is there anything outside of the tightening and release mechanisms that you find more desirable?
    I’m not crazy about the pull ties on the end of the WOTG sling. It does make it a more universal weapon sling but I have dedicated slings for my shotguns and bolt actions.

What I need is solid attachment mechanism for an AK or AR. The mash, hk clip, or qd is going to give you that on the b sling.

The WoTG ties always seem to loosen and I don’t have the confidence that they’re not about to dump my rifle on the ground.

I guess you could change the WoTG sling for qds or the such but that seems to defeat the main selling feature.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Those of you using the VCAS, especially the padded ones, how often do you shoot support hand? That’s what made me realize I wasn’t a huge fan of the bulk and stiffness.

I have a Slingster on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by boss_hawg View Post
    I’m not crazy about the pull ties on the end of the WOTG sling. It does make it a more universal weapon sling but I have dedicated slings for my shotguns and bolt actions.

What I need is solid attachment mechanism for an AK or AR. The mash, hk clip, or qd is going to give you that on the b sling.

The WoTG ties always seem to loosen and I don’t have the confidence that they’re not about to dump my rifle on the ground.

I guess you could change the WoTG sling for qds or the such but that seems to defeat the main selling feature.
    I get why you're not a fan of the attachment ties given the explanation. I haven't had an issue girth-hitching the ties around the handguard and cinching the ties down around the 1913 slots. I also decided to girth-hitch the rear ties around QD swivels which has worked great for me.

That being said, an SOB sling might be in my future if only out of pure curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Those of you using the VCAS, especially the padded ones, how often do you shoot support hand? That’s what made me realize I wasn’t a huge fan of the bulk and stiffness. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's actually the reason that I moved away from the VCAS to the Proctor sling- The VCAS was super stiff and bulky compared to other options on the market - it seemed to get in the way a fair bit...

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftie View Post
    I get why you're not a fan of the attachment ties given the explanation. I haven't had an issue girth-hitching the ties around the handguard and cinching the ties down around the 1913 slots. I also decided to girth-hitch the rear ties around QD swivels which has worked great for me.

That being said, an SOB sling might be in my future if only out of pure curiosity.

That's actually the reason that I moved away from the VCAS to the Proctor sling- The VCAS was super stiff and bulky compared to other options on the market - it seemed to get in the way a fair bit...
    Yup. That started my shift to the RB1 sling but I was disappointed by my last one which is why I’m not trying out a Slingster. I do like that I can pull the padded sleeve off so while I’ll start with it on, I assume I’ll have the same complaint and want it a little more minimalistic. But it’s nice to have the option, especially on my work gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast