Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommended purchases before VA goes to the dark side

Feedback Score

Recommended purchases before VA goes to the dark side

I live in VA and am trying to decide what items may want to be sure to have included in my collection before things become too difficult to get or impossible. I'm happy with my collection just looking to add a few more pieces I may wish I have gotten later down the road. I know everyone has different opinions of what they may want but I'm looking for any opinions. I have most of the basics covered and don't believe revolvers, shotguns (typical) and bolt guns are going away this round. The first thing I'm going to add is the Five Seven Family but beyond that it's just a large caliber suppressor. Again just looking for a suggestions and don't have an unlimited budget but I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trao View Post
    I live in VA and am trying to decide what items may want to be sure to have included in my collection before things become too difficult to get or impossible. I'm happy with my collection just looking to add a few more pieces I may wish I have gotten later down the road. I know everyone has different opinions of what they may want but I'm looking for any opinions. I have most of the basics covered and don't believe revolvers, shotguns (typical) and bolt guns are going away this round. The first thing I'm going to add is the Five Seven Family but beyond that it's just a large caliber suppressor. Again just looking for a suggestions and don't have an unlimited budget but I'd like to hear what everyone thinks.
    Looks like they're going to be a felony to possess anyway. Ask yourself, if your firearms/magazines/whatever else are a felony to possess, what are you going to do with them? If the answer is hide them in the attic and pretend you don't have them, just save your money

Feedback Score
    It'll take a while for that to sort out, but if it goes completely south I'll have a primary residence in WV.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Mags for all your rifles if you have different kinds (AR, AK, SCAR, ect) - I would buy at least a 10 pack of pmags (palmetto has daily deals on these for $70). Probably at least 10 Glock mags or whatever handgun you have. 60 round magpul drums?

Get another lower or a few 80%. Previous times it's been mags and lowers. You'll always be able to get parts like barrels and BCGs.

Feedback Score
    Decide what your line is and prepare accordingly.

5.7 is a toy. This is the time to buy weapons if you are that worried about it.
    If your in it for collectors stuff, just buy replicas.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 01-24-20 at 16:52.

Feedback Score
    Talking weapons, when I say collection I don't mean antiques. Yes 5.7 is a oddity but something I personally was on the fence about so I don't want to regret not having one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Forget 5.7. It offers nothing and is far too expensive to shoot. Stock up on Mags and Ammo or hate to say it but consider moving.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    You want to buy an NFA item and wait a year, just to have it potentially banned before you can take ownership? You don't think the ATF will work hand in hand with VA gov?

You need mags, lots and lots of ammo, body armor, helmet, a duplicate of your battle rifle and pistol. Comms, NVGs, lots of batteries, water, a reliable vehicle, and a lawyer on retainer with enough cash to post 10% of a very high bond.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    You are about 2 years too late for NFA stuff. You snoozed and lost. Sad but true.

You should have 2-6 solid AR-15s already - Colt, BCM, Sionics, Centurion, you name it. 2 should be decked out with full kit optics, WML, slings, you name it.

You should have 50-100+ AR15 magazines and 5-10K of 5.56 ammo, maybe more.

Similar numbers of reliable centerfire pistols, with 20-30 mags and 5K in ammo for them. Again, at least 2 decked out the way you want them (grips, sights, controls, etc). In late 2014 I was trying the P320 and decided if shit ever goes sideways, Glocks would be better so I have a number of those, parts, mags, etc. For a metal framed gun I have several Beretta 92 series, since they are common and still in service with .MIL, there are tons of parts / mags / etc.

Feedback Score
    Buy a couple of symbolic 10-round magazines for your guns call it a day.

Download some sample Firearms bill of sales. Fill them out with the name of the politicians that represent you for cash.

I sold all my guns to Dan Helmer at the gun show in Chantilly.
    He posted a video on how easy it was. I see a red flag called in on him in the near future.

If you aren't a VCDL member, join. They are our only chance of beating these tyrants in the courts.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast