Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: British Scientists May Have Found Cure For Cancer. By Accident.

Feedback Score

British Scientists May Have Found Cure For Cancer. By Accident.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...sh-scientists/

Researchers at Cardiff University were analysing blood from a bank in Wales, looking for immune cells that could fight bacteria, when they found an entirely new type of T-cell.

That new immune cell carries a never-before-seen receptor which acts like a grappling hook, latching on to most human cancers, while ignoring healthy cells.

In laboratory studies, immune cells equipped with the new receptor were shown to kill lung, skin, blood, colon, breast, bone, prostate, ovarian, kidney and cervical cancer.
    Religion is doing what you are told no matter what is right. Morality is doing what is right no matter what you are told...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tn1911 View Post
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/...sh-scientists/

Researchers at Cardiff University were analysing blood from a bank in Wales, looking for immune cells that could fight bacteria, when they found an entirely new type of T-cell.

That new immune cell carries a never-before-seen receptor which acts like a grappling hook, latching on to most human cancers, while ignoring healthy cells.

In laboratory studies, immune cells equipped with the new receptor were shown to kill lung, skin, blood, colon, breast, bone, prostate, ovarian, kidney and cervical cancer.
    If true, f-ing fantastic! However, seems were hear that or similar every few years. They are making major strides in cancer treatments however, but I suspect a legit cure for most cancers is aways off. Happy to be wrong on that.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    A discovery like this would be amazing.

It's got a lot of hoops to jump through. But if it works, in my opinion, it'd be along the same lines as regular interstellar travel as far as human accomplishments go.

Feedback Score
    The new knowledge that accompanies such discoveries could be valuable. A better understanding of T-cells also may help with autoimmune disorders such as Multiple Sclerosis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    If true, the pharmaceutical companies will likely make sure that the treatment is banned in America, and will lobby to make it a felony to go overseas for treatment. A cured customer is a lost customer.

At any rate, f**k cancer. I've seen too many people close to me go down too soon. I hope this is legit.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wake me when we have some results of human clinical trials. If it gets that far.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    If true, the pharmaceutical companies will likely make sure that the treatment is banned in America, and will lobby to make it a felony to go overseas for treatment. A cured customer is a lost customer.

At any rate, f**k cancer. I've seen too many people close to me go down too soon. I hope this is legit.
    I agree,this would be amazing,,,"but" lots of $$$$ to be lost ! Wish I didn't think that way but its just the way it is I guess. At best I hope and pray this works but it will be 20yrs before the FDA would be done "testing" and finally approving this method!
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 01-25-20 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Wake me when we have some results of human clinical trials. If it gets that far.
    Didn't the Israeli's have some new kind of "breakthrough" cancer treatment a year or two ago?

https://en-volve.com/2019/04/27/isra...within-a-year/

"The MuTaTo treatment will act as a cancer antibiotic that uses a web of cancer-targeting peptides to attack cancer cells simultaneously, wrapping around them in an octopus-like manner and attacking them from multiple angles, while using a strong peptide toxin to eliminate them.Because the peptides are so small, they would go undetected by the immune system and avoid counter-attacks that commonly lead to side effects like nausea."
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Like BG45 mentioned. The pharmaceutical cancer treatment business is huge. It it is a cure, it will never get to the human clinical trial stage because they don't want it too.

A fellow employee of mine said he has a family member who actually worked on a research team that found a modified HIV virus killed a certain type of cancer. It was then repeated by other teams and found it killed other types also. All of a sudden, the research was stopped, and his family member will not even talk to him about it. Like it never even happened and won't acknowledge it in any discussion. If this is true, that is totally f*cked up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Didn't the Israeli's have some new kind of "breakthrough" cancer treatment a year or two ago?

https://en-volve.com/2019/04/27/isra...within-a-year/

"The MuTaTo treatment will act as a cancer antibiotic that uses a web of cancer-targeting peptides to attack cancer cells simultaneously, wrapping around them in an octopus-like manner and attacking them from multiple angles, while using a strong peptide toxin to eliminate them.Because the peptides are so small, they would go undetected by the immune system and avoid counter-attacks that commonly lead to side effects like nausea."
    Over the last decade, there have been dozens of "cures for cancer" that have been news headlines based more on wishful thinking and ignorance of the scientific process than on demonstrated efficacy in humans. It is a very long way from the genetics or immunology lab to clinical practice, and TV ads with the tagline "ask your doctor if a cure for cancer is right for you..."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast