Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Trying to trouble shoot a PFC9 (Polymer 80)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Shot again today with the RMR and Apex extractor installed. Zero FTEs, but I did have a numerous FTF where if I pulled back on the slide just a tad and let it go, it would fully feed. I normally let off the trigger quick to get back to the wall quickly for follow up, but I did a little slow shooting today to get a rough RMR zero, I did notice on one occasion the slide initially didn’t go fully into battery but when I let off the trigger it went went fully into battery, I’m not sure if that is a clue or not.

Ejection pattern looked good, but I think there were a few that hit the RMR even with the Apex extractor, I only noticed them with the 30274 ejector. I discontinued using the 40721 ejector quickly because it seemed to cause FTF every 2-3 rounds vs. once every 15 or so rounds with the 30274. I planned to bring the 336 ejector with me just to test it out, but I must have left it on my work bench at home.

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to troubleshoot from here would be appreciated. By the way, the 40721 ejector on my Gen4 26 almost completely fixed any erratic ejection. I shot around 100 rounds through the 26 today as well, the only minor change in ejection was the last round was pretty consistently a pop fly backwards but no line drives to the face. I should be receiving the Suarez extractor soon, I may test that on the 26 as well but I’m happy with how it ran today.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Great news about the G26.

You've obviously still got some kind of resistance in movement between slide and frame. Are you entirely sure there's no binding in the channel where the RSA rides in the frame?

Perhaps loosening up slide to frame fit with some lapping compound is in order. You could use valve grinding compound, sold at auto parts stores.

I feel like you're getting there, closer to total reliability. Don't give up!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Great news about the G26.

You've obviously still got some kind of resistance in movement between slide and frame. Are you entirely sure there's no binding in the channel where the RSA rides in the frame?

Perhaps loosening up slide to frame fit with some lapping compound is in order. You could use valve grinding compound, sold at auto parts stores.

I feel like you're getting there, closer to total reliability. Don't give up!
    When I rack the slide without a magazine in, it feels as smooth as any other Glock I own. As far as the RSA, I don’t see any evidence it’s catching anything. Maybe I will polish the rails and see what That does.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Turns out I had a small burr on the side of one of the rear rails, I took it down, gun still had 2 FTFs early on, 1 in the first mag, second dropping the slide on a new mag using the slide stop, both chambered the round after tapping the rear of the slide. After that, I had no issues in approximately 200 rounds. I’ll be running more rounds through it, but I think I found and fixed the issue. Perhaps it’s crappy QC from Polymer80, sort of a shame, but for anyone reading this with a new build, beware of this potential issue.

On a side note, with the SERE (Suarez extractor) and Gen5 ejector in my Gen4 G26, no more BTF or erratic ejection. I went ahead and installed the Gen5 ejector in all my Glocks that didn’t already have it (including those that ran well) and all seem to be running just as good (and with possibly more consistent 3:30-4:00 ejection).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234