Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to trouble shoot a PFC9 (Polymer 80)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    OP - Glad you got it fixed.

Other folks - if you are using grinders on slide rails, don't ever, ever, post anything snarky about PSA from this point forward. Geez.

Files, stones and lapping compound.
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 01-25-20 at 21:14.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    I have been watching some of this guys vids,,seems very good at what he does. Maybe there will be some tips & tricks in his vids.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcj...D89PTNYkMNzKww

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    OP - Glad you got it fixed.

Other folks - if you are using grinders on slide rails, don't ever, ever, post anything snarky about PSA from this point forward. Geez.

Files, stones and lapping compound.
    Yeah, forgot to post I’ll never buy another PFC9 product again.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Yeah, forgot to post I’ll never buy another PFC9 product again.
    So I may be in the same boat. I’m not ready to quit on this gun yet. Perhaps the way to go is all polymer 80 parts (vs OEM Glock). In my testing today I loaded every mag +1 and after every single pull of the trigger on the first round, I’d either get a stovepipe FTE or the case would eject and I’d get a FTF. Every single magazine. I used 15, 24 and 33 round magazines. I also had a few random malfunctions and several times the second pull of the trigger would cause a malfunction. The 24 and 33 round magazines flat out wouldn’t run, I gave up. The front pin (holding locking block, I believe the locking block pin) just above the front of the trigger guard walked on me as well. I should note I was using the 30274 ejector (as I’ve read others woes of weak ejection and this was reported to help). I fired 300 rounds through the gun, didn’t seem to be “breaking in” as I went along.

I’m not ready to call the gun a complete failure, but I haven’t had a gun run this crappy on me since I made the mistake of buying a Kahr. I think the next step will be the Apex extractor and maybe look at buying a different front pin. I also was running the slide without an RMR (it’s cut for an RMR), RMR for it comes in this week, so perhaps that may make a difference, we’ll see.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ammo used was S&B 124gr (which runs flawless in everything else I own). Crazy erratic ejection including many BTFs.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    So I may be in the same boat. I’m not ready to quit on this gun yet. Perhaps the way to go is all polymer 80 parts (vs OEM Glock). In my testing today I loaded every mag +1 and after every single pull of the trigger on the first round, I’d either get a stovepipe FTE or the case would eject and I’d get a FTF. Every single magazine. I used 15, 24 and 33 round magazines. I also had a few random malfunctions and several times the second pull of the trigger would cause a malfunction. The 24 and 33 round magazines flat out wouldn’t run, I gave up. The front pin (holding locking block, I believe the locking block pin) just above the front of the trigger guard walked on me as well. I should note I was using the 30274 ejector (as I’ve read others woes of weak ejection and this was reported to help). I fired 300 rounds through the gun, didn’t seem to be “breaking in” as I went along.

I’m not ready to call the gun a complete failure, but I haven’t had a gun run this crappy on me since I made the mistake of buying a Kahr. I think the next step will be the Apex extractor and maybe look at buying a different front pin. I also was running the slide without an RMR (it’s cut for an RMR), RMR for it comes in this week, so perhaps that may make a difference, we’ll see.
    Data point.

I’ve had three p80s. Two g19s and one g17, the latter being serialized. All used OEM Glock slides and components.

All were hot trash sadly. All had major issues with the rear frame rail insert. With the 17 I used both p80 and the swapped everything for OEM Glock parts. In both configurations the striker would never release and this was after the frame rail issue was resolved after copious amounts of fitting.

Love the concept because btfo the king and what not but they’re not there yet in my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Data point.

I’ve had three p80s. Two g19s and one g17, the latter being serialized. All used OEM Glock slides and components.

All were hot trash sadly. All had major issues with the rear frame rail insert. With the 17 I used both p80 and the swapped everything for OEM Glock parts. In both configurations the striker would never release and this was after the frame rail issue was resolved after copious amounts of fitting.

Love the concept because btfo the king and what not but they’re not there yet in my experience.

Yikes, 0 for 3, that doesn’t sound very promising, inspecting the gun at home, brass shavings all over the ejection port and what appears to be a brass skid mark on the ejection port. I’m crossing my fingers that an apex extractor resolves my issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Data point.

I've built two so far 17 & 19 both run flawlessly. No OEM parts in either one.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    I've built two so far 17 & 19 both run flawlessly. No OEM parts in either one.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk
    Polymer 80 internals?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-29-21 at 01:48. Reason: .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast