Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trying to trouble shoot a PFC9 (Polymer 80)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Damn, I must be lucky. Got one, PF9C (G19 length). Went together easily, but I researched alot, learned a few tips from others who'd built them.

Got close to 1,100 rounds through it now. It has not yet malfunctioned. Run with a variety of ammo in 115, 124, &147gr. Has run everything we've put through it.

Brownells slide, Glock OEM internals (save for the Zev Pro-Conn Connector that mates up with a NY1 trigger spring, my preferred trigger in 2nd and 3rd gen).

Have used G19 and G17 mags, with and without factory +2s, as well as Magpul 17 and 21 rounders.

80% with a cheap Combat Armory barrel, 30% with a stock G19 barrel.

That front pin walking out is easily cured by melting the frame a bit at each end of the pin, to block it in.

I love the gun the more I shoot it, have even used it in some "drill of the week" over on PF. The grip is outstanding.

I don't get it, maybe some of the frames are lemons.

OP, have you made sure there's enough clearance in the bottom of the frame, as was suggested? I know yours is serialized and prebuilt, but I'd check that.

May be a tolerance issue/defect in the Brownells slide also. Sounds like things are tighter than they should be. Maybe the Apex extractor will help.

What brand of barrel are you using?
    It’s absurd you’d have to heat the polymer to prevent a pin from walking. As far as I can tell, I have the same clearance between frame and slide on all 4 sides as I would on an OEM Glock. As I said before I am using all OEM parts minus apex extractor, this includes an OEM Glock barrel (gun does shoot accurately). The fact that I had a lot of brass shavings tells me a large part of my problem is likely in extraction, so yes hopefully the Apex FRE solves this issue. If it arrives by Friday, I’m going to give it another go with the new extractor.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry, didn't realize you're using a factory barrel.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I shot my grey frame factory serialized P80 yesterday (by coincidence)

It has a Brownells 19LS slide and barrel (actually bought by mistake but whatever). Internals are all Glock.

It ran 100%. Only issue was as mentioned before, weak ejection. Some went forward. Some fell out of the pistol. Some hit me in the head. But there were no failures and it was fairly accurate.

Still, I wouldn’t buy another. Too many issues with tolerance stacking (as you’ve seen). I have an FDE and two black frames assembled and no plans on doing anything with them.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Send them to me, I'll do something with them.
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 12-29-21 at 01:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Polymer 80 internals?
    The 17 is a mix of OEM Glock, the Polymer trigger block, Suarez trigger and slide.

The 19 is a full kit from JSD only substituting an Apex trigger kit.

Both run perfect. The 19 is a bit stiff on the field strip as the tolerances are a bit tighter than stock Glock.

Sent from my SM-J737A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Apex extractor should be here by Thursday, i’m going to install it and take it to the range Friday. I will update this thread for those curious.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Send them to me, I'll do something with them.

To the OP, I agree it's absurd to have to melt plastic to keep that front pin in. After about 500ish rounds, I noticed it'd walk a bit, about every 100 rounds or so. It was annoying, but an easy fix.

I think the design of that pin should be something like a KNS pin, with a hex screw on each end, slightly larger in diameter than the pin itself, with corresponding countersinks in the frame.
    Maybe someone needs to contact KNS, if it’s a prevalent enough issue to make it worthwhile financially, I’m sure they’d consider making pins for it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    So I had forgotten to order the non-lci spring loaded bearing for the Apex, so I have not shot it yet as I ordered several from Brownells but too late in the week to take delivery.... and wouldn’t you know it i happened to have a spare laying around from when I tried the apex extractor in my Gen4 26 erratic ejection machine (that I haven’t shot in years) that I had forgotten about, of course the Apex extractor didn’t work in the 26 (induced malfunctions that were not present before, so it now has the original extractor). I installed the Apex FRE and also installed the 40721 ejector (newest ejector that gen 5 guns come with). I’m gonna bring the 30274 ejector as well when I do shoot it this week, if I have issues i’m going to pop the back pin and swap it out, no big deal. I feel confident the gun will run with the Apex extractor and at least one of the ejectors (40721, 30274, I may even bring the 336 ejector as well, I’d try that very last thought).

Reading about the 40721 ejector I’ve read many anecdotal accounts of it fixing erratic ejection and BTF in Gen 4 guns, so I also installed one in my 26 and will be experimenting with it as well. I also ordered the Suarez international SERE extractor for my Gen 4 26 (Apex FRE will not work in it, per Suarez their extractor will). I want to see if I can fix the gun, since I was previously unaware of the 40721 ejector and Suarez SERE extractor.
    Last edited by PatrioticDisorder; 02-02-20 at 16:15.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    So I had forgotten to order the non-lci spring loaded bearing for the Apex, so I have not shot it yet as I ordered several from Brownells but too late in the week to take delivery.... and wouldn’t you know it i happened to have a spare laying around from when I tried the apex extractor in my Gen4 26 erratic ejection machine (that I haven’t shot in years) that I had forgotten about, of course the Apex extractor didn’t work in the 26 (induced malfunctions that were not present before, so it now has the original extractor). I installed the Apex FRE and also installed the 40721 ejector (newest ejector that gen 5 guns come with). I’m gonna bring the 30274 ejector as well when I do shoot it this week, if I have issues i’m going to pop the back pin and swap it out, no big deal. I feel confident the gun will run with the Apex extractor and at least one of the ejectors (40721, 30274, I may even bring the 336 ejector as well, I’d try that very last thought).

Reading about the 40721 ejector I’ve read many anecdotal accounts of it fixing erratic ejection and BTF in Gen 4 guns, so I also installed one in my 26 and will be experimenting with it as well. I also ordered the Suarez international SERE extractor for my Gen 4 26 (Apex FRE will not work in it, per Suarez their extractor will). I want to see if I can fix the gun, since I was previously unaware of the 40721 ejector and Suarez SERE extractor.
    I just noticed that your slide is cut for an RMR so is my 17. I had ejection/failure to extract problems right at first. What I discovered is that the screw holding in the RMR filler plate was too long and was impeding the extractor plunger. I removed the screw filed a bit off the bottom to shorten it and it's run like a Champ ever since.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bgreed View Post
    I just noticed that your slide is cut for an RMR so is my 17. I had ejection/failure to extract problems right at first. What I discovered is that the screw holding in the RMR filler plate was too long and was impeding the extractor plunger. I removed the screw filed a bit off the bottom to shorten it and it's run like a Champ ever since.

During my first range session I didn’t have the RMR or a filler plate on the gun. I suppose it’s possible that was part of the problem, but I don’t think it was the entire problem.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast