Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Alien Pistol

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I was holding out but ultimately just went with an Atlas Titan. For my needs (dedicated competition gun) lack of muzzle rise/flip was paramount. The low bore axis/fixed sights were very appealing but my concern (apparently valid) was I find the CZ’s to be snappier then 1911/2011’s and even though this is a different design, the hype of low bore a is is similar to that of cz’s and I was disappointed with them in that regard. I was waiting for some honest assessments before rushing off to buy.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 01-24-21 at 18:51.

Feedback Score
    You made the right choice for your needs I think.

Feedback Score
    I stole this video from another forum, but it's certainly something to consider. I have an original H&K P-7 and the heat at the top of the trigger guard makes it unpleasant to shoot after several magazines.
    https://youtu.be/z-xrGJEP2w8

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting to see where this goes with the oppressive gun laws proposed covering firearms, ammunition, ect, ect !

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would love to see a bore axis that low combined with an integrally suppressed design. Between the weight, brake effect of the baffles, and low bore axis it probably wouldn't have any flip whatsoever. Which would make select fire very practical, especially if they made a provision for a stock.

Feedback Score
    i'm curious if the minimal reciprocating weight affects reliability of extraction, especially when dirty. right or wrong, i usually associate a relatively heavy reciprocating mass with reliability across a broader range of ammo and conditions. while the light weight is easier to shoot, i get a lot more picky with cleaning and choice of ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1911A1 View Post
    I stole this video from another forum, but it's certainly something to consider. I have an original H&K P-7 and the heat at the top of the trigger guard makes it unpleasant to shoot after several magazines.
    https://youtu.be/z-xrGJEP2w8
    I think that is hot. Almost boiling. I’d like to see a contact thermometer too since bare metals and thin oxide coatings play with emissivity and measurements- but usually in underestimating temperatures. Really need a similarly configured/coated standard gun and run 50 rounds through it to see the difference. I don’t know if they need to engineer a dead space between the barrel and the top of the trigger guard, or insert some ceramic type materials,?

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I would love to see a bore axis that low combined with an integrally suppressed design. Between the weight, brake effect of the baffles, and low bore axis it probably wouldn't have any flip whatsoever. Which would make select fire very practical, especially if they made a provision for a stock.
    Well, that got out of hand quickly... . I know what you mean though. The P7 is an incredibly short gun for having a 4 inch barrel. Frankly a couple more inches on a P7 with an integral suppressor would make the garden a lot more balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by taliv View Post
    i'm curious if the minimal reciprocating weight affects reliability of extraction, especially when dirty. right or wrong, i usually associate a relatively heavy reciprocating mass with reliability across a broader range of ammo and conditions. while the light weight is easier to shoot, i get a lot more picky with cleaning and choice of ammo.
    You can run a 1911 until it’s good and grimy and it will start to talk to you about when it wants to stop working, with the slide moving slowly.

Personally while I like the delayed Gas blowback system, I think the spring/dampening technology needs the next upgrade. Something to take out that snap and smooth out the cycle.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am SO "meh" on this pistol. I know, I know..Im WRONG. Not the first or last time.
    MAYBE if I shot it it would be life changing..but I really doubt it.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    I am SO "meh" on this pistol. I know, I know..Im WRONG. Not the first or last time.
    MAYBE if I shot it it would be life changing..but I really doubt it.
    You're not the only one. The price tag and the fact that it's a competition gun are both turn offs for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Here is a slower motion video of the alien pistol cycling. Seems pretty fast. To me that’s not necessarily a positive, though it seems the reciprocating mass is so small that it banging up against the back stop doesn’t cause that much unsettling of the gun. It seems to me the key would be getting it so that the Reciprocating Mas didn’t have a disturbing impact at its rear most movement.

The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast