Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alien Pistol

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    The P7/PSP was the most expensive mass produced pistol at one time. On the Remington R51 is/was not. Both gas delayed, fixed barrel pistols.
    The R51 was neither fixed barrel nor gas delayed.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Didn't the P7 overheat in a high round count class? Seems like I read a guy brought 2 to a class and even then they wouldn't cool off enough for him to keep up.

In competition, is there enough time for the pistol(s) to cool down between stages?
    Last edited by Pi3; 01-27-20 at 16:35.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Due to the design of this pistol, it shouldn't have the same issues with heat as the P7.

Feedback Score
    Thanks MR on the corrections. I knew it was an odd operating system.

I think it is the InRange or another review where they said that the gun doesn't heat up badly at all.

I do wonder if 9mm major would make a difference, especially at speed. Also, that is a metal/steel? grip that will absorb some heat.

The gas delayed tube is also on top of the barrel on the Alien, where as on the P7 it is between the barrel and the trigger guard. The later variants of the P7 had a 'heat-shield' and even that small plastic part was good at dealing with the heat issue.
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 01-27-20 at 21:30.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post

In competition, is there enough time for the pistol(s) to cool down between stages?
    Not that anyone uses this gun in competition, but the answer is yes. The P7 generally heats up within one box of a rapid pace. I would usually get about six Bill Drills or FAST tests out of it (my experience that the plastic shield didn't do much past that). USPSA stages are never longer than that, IDPA usually less than that, and there is easily 30-45 min time between the stages.
    The biggest problem with those guns is a complete inability to support any rapid pace practice unless you brought 3-4 of them.

What Alien does remains to be seen. The tube is indeed on the top, but if slide heats up too much and stays hot, it is a no go. Unloaded starts are very common in matches and racking a hot slide is nothing anyone wants to do.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Some shooting footage

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks great, but not the first time we have seen the pistol that was gonna change everything, yada yada and went no place. I'll wait for others to be the beta testers and bring prices to reality before any interest exists. I forget the name but there was a pistol we were talking about here a few years ago with some similar characteristics (low B axis etc) and it seems to have died off.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    You're thinking of Hudson. As far as I remember, it was brought down by unpaid debts and bad relationships with subcontractors.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    You're thinking of Hudson. As far as I remember, it was brought down by unpaid debts and bad relationships with subcontractors.
    It was the Strike One that FromMyColdDeadHand's found vid of below.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 01-28-20 at 09:27.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post

Wasn't this the new hotness a few years ago? Strike One pistol.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast