Or, "What order should you buy stuff in?" But I like being alliterative, when I can.

Inspired by this post:

Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
You need mags, lots and lots of ammo, body armor, helmet, a duplicate of your battle rifle and pistol. Comms, NVGs, lots of batteries, water, a reliable vehicle, and a lawyer on retainer with enough cash to post 10% of a very high bond.
There are plenty of posts and articles and YouTube videos and what-not about what order to buy guns (for self-defense) in. And what should be the priority in buying support gear (lights, slings, holsters, magazines, optics, &c.) for them. But nothing about what order to get the ancillary non-firearm equipment in.

So if we add in NODs, armor, and so forth, what order does it go? And not just, "Guns, NODs, armor," or whatever but... just as we've broken down the order in which firearms are acquired, what order do you get the individual components of armor or NODs?

So if we take the general order that I've seen used for acquiring firearms:
1- Pistol (generally Glock 19 or similar)
a- Holster
b- White light
c- 5-10+ magazines
d- Magazine carrier(s)
2- Carbine (generally LE6920 or similar)
a- Sling
b- White light
c- Optic
d- 10+ magazines
e- Magazine carrier(s)
3- Pistol (similar to first pistol, but not necessarily identical, eg if Pistol 1 is a Glock 19, then Pistol 2 could be a Glock 34, 17, 19, 26, &c.)
a- Holster (if different from Pistol 1)
b- White light
c- 5-10+ magazines (if different from Pistol 1, otherwise double supply for Pistol 1)
4- Carbine (similar to first carbine, but not necessarily identical, eg if Carbine 1 is configured with an RDS, then Carbine 2 could have a LPVO, ACOG, &c. or be setup as a varminting rifle, a pistol, SBR, &c.)
a- Sling
b- White light
c- Optic
d- 10+ magazines (if different from Carbine 1, otherwise double supply for Carbine 1)

&c., &c., &c. For our purposes, I'm going to establish a hypothetical fifth and sixth items to demonstrate what I'm after:

5- NODs (PVS-14 or similar)
a- Rifle mount for PVS-14
b- Skull crusher head mount for PVS-14
6- IR laser/illuminator for Carbine 1 (MAWL or similar)

And of course, lists need not be:
1-Guns
2-NODs
3-Armor
4-Transpo

They can be:
1- A good car
2- A pistol
3- Armor (vest)
4- Carbine

&c.

The chief idea, in my mind, is to break it down into a sort of procedural list of what to buy. So if you have a constant source of income, and you're starting from scratch, what do you buy? And why in that particular order?

Alternatively, let's say you have a lump sum (say $5000 or $10000 budgeted - maybe per year, maybe because everything went up in a housefire or a tragic boating accident or whatever) and you're starting from scratch, what do you buy with that lump sum?