Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kobe Bryant is Gone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Never liked flying on rotary wing aircraft, still don’t.
    Because helos don’t technically fly, they just beat the air into submission, temporarily.

What a shame. Would it have been two or one pilots?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Never was a basketball fan let alone a Kobe Bryant fan, sad news none the less, I feel sorry for his wife to loose no only a husband but also a child. Very sad all the way around.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I only had one crash and it was when I was landing and took small arms fire into the tail boom, causing tail rotor transmission failure. Spun and dropped about 70 feet, landing on the skids and breaking off the rotors.
    Dude... Give yourself some credit. That was not a crash/mishap, you were shot down. BIG difference. Glad you're OK.
    U.S. Army vet. -- Retired 25 year LEO.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Definitely not a NBA fan but you have to feel for the families. The other people on the flight were a husband, wife and daughter. Don't know about the others. So two families basically ripped apart. Feel for all involved.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Obviously a tragedy for the friends, family, and those who follow basketball!

Interesting that it occurred on a day when almost no other news happened around the country or world - or at least that is what the various news services are broadcasting.

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    Here are the coms between ATC and Kobe Bryant's helicopter. They had taken off from John Wayne Airport in Orange county and had to cross the airspace of LAX, Burbank and Van Nuys. They were held in position short of Burbank for 15 minutes because of traffic congestion. This would have been a focused flight in clear conditions, but with all the air traffic and limited visibility, I am thinking the pilot lost spacial orientation and altitude awareness and ran it into the hillside. The ideal situation would have been two pilots for those conditions. Also, with an advanced aircraft like that, you can engage autopilot and set it vertical/lateral hold - basically hover in place until you can regain your senses and spacial orientation.

Last edited by OH58D; 01-27-20 at 11:40.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    Didn't he cheat on his wife, and rape someone?
    Allegedly it was a lot more than just one rape of stupid white girls who wanted to go up to his room and "party". Play stupid games, win stupid prizes and all that.

His wife knew she was married to a player, and I doubt she was in it for anything other than the money. That being said, knowing you are going down and can't save your child has got to be bad (assuming he wasn't just thinking of himself).

I have no use for him, and think he was a POS, but I wouldn't wish this on him or his family. He made millions playing a game we all played in school, but for some reason people think its great. I don't see the appeal, but that is my answer for all sports teams and players. No matter how good he was, he played a game. If he did good things in life or made a difference somehow to others, I hope people post about it.

If someone wants to hero worship, show me a combat (or inner city) medic.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Det-Sog View Post
    Dude... Give yourself some credit. That was not a crash/mishap, you were shot down. BIG difference. Glad you're OK.
    Agreed 100%!!!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Never a Kolbe fan nor an NBA fan and don't feel I have to mouth platitudes. Move on news cycle.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Allegedly it was a lot more than just one rape

I have no use for him, and think he was a POS,

If someone wants to hero worship, show me a combat (or inner city) medic.
    He didn't contribute $h-T, he was all about himself. He also made numerous racist remarks. I am sorry for his daughter, but his death is not newsworthy.

All these people professing how much of a loss it is have their priorities WAY out of wack.

The world is not any worse off with this dirtbag's death.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast