Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Kobe Bryant is Gone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Allegedly it was a lot more than just one rape of stupid white girls who wanted to go up to his room and "party". Play stupid games, win stupid prizes and all that.

His wife knew she was married to a player, and I doubt she was in it for anything other than the money. That being said, knowing you are going down and can't save your child has got to be bad (assuming he wasn't just thinking of himself).

I have no use for him, and think he was a POS, but I wouldn't wish this on him or his family. He made millions playing a game we all played in school, but for some reason people think its great. I don't see the appeal, but that is my answer for all sports teams and players. No matter how good he was, he played a game. If he did good things in life or made a difference somehow to others, I hope people post about it.

If someone wants to hero worship, show me a combat (or inner city) medic.
    This.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    This looks like a “CFIT” accident. Controlled Flight Into Terrain. The pilot was scud running and his luck ran out. Visibility was marginal and the bottom of the cloud deck was overcast yet variable in height. The helicopter was operating on a “special VFR” ATC clearance which allows the pilot to fly in marginal conditions as long as the pilot has at least some forward visibility and remains clear of the clouds. The pilot in this case was instrument rated and could have flown into the clouds. I am not familiar with helicopter ops in the clouds but it can’t be too much different than fixed wing. West of Van Nuys in the valley, the terrain rises quickly. The pilot was trying to follow hwy 101 which eventually winds through terrain before the terrain smooths out near the Camarillo area. A tragic crash that could have definitely been prevented.
    Last edited by duece71; 01-29-20 at 13:08. Reason: Winds vs wines

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I wish Colin Kaepernick could afford a helicopter....
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Kobe Bryant is Gone

Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    I wish Colin Kaepernick could afford a helicopter....
    https://www.gofundme.com
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 01-29-20 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    One of those video doorbells captured this audio of the helicopter, clearly very low. You can hear it hit the mountain at the end.

https://twitter.com/ABC7Veronica/sta...278906880?s=20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    [video]

This guy often has some interesting insights.
    Here's a pretty rational review of this particular flight by the same guy with a visiting expert, second-guessing the pilot's decision-making process and providing a good overview of the peculiarities of helicopter flight in adverse weather.

Looks like a classic case of inadvertent flight into IMC, with the pilot becoming spatially disoriented in trying to transition from VFR to IFR, losing control and crashing into the ground. Classic, but disappointing that it happened to a pilot who is a CFI-I Helicopter, an instrument instructor.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Loss of life is always difficult for those left behind. That being said....

A famous/rich person dies and everyone boo-f&cking-hoos for a week as if they just lost good ole one-eyed granny.

"Sending prayers" Really? Are you? or is that just some public drivel people post on the Fakebook pages and other forums to make your self feel good?

Dude had money out the bum, made a choice on transportation, and it was a bad one.

I never served but am an Army-brat (albeit an old one...). My Dad did 2 tours in Viet Nam and both times came back with bullet holes in his body and medals on his chest.

Members of our military come home in BOXES and you'd be lucky to hear about it for 2 minutes on a local news cast.

The priorities of some folks is truly fooked.
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sl4mdaddy View Post
    Loss of life is always difficult for those left behind. That being said....

A famous/rich person dies and everyone boo-f&cking-hoos for a week as if they just lost good ole one-eyed granny.

"Sending prayers" Really? Are you? or is that just some public drivel people post on the Fakebook pages and other forums to make your self feel good?

Dude had money out the bum, made a choice on transportation, and it was a bad one.

I never served but am an Army-brat (albeit an old one...). My Dad did 2 tours in Viet Nam and both times came back with bullet holes in his body and medals on his chest.

Members of our military come home in BOXES and you'd be lucky to hear about it for 2 minutes on a local news cast.

The priorities of some folks is truly fooked.
    The priorities of American society at large are pretty f&@ked as well.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345