Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Truck/Ranch/GP Gun - BCM 11.5 or DD 10.3 Pistol?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I'm not sure I really care about ears ringing.

From one article I read the 5.5 inch barrel produced velocities just below 2k fps.

I generally never cared for vehicle guns. I have my concealed carry and that's always been fine. But with current events, more and more protests, summer approaching I figured I'd keep something "more" in my car. I have an AK SBR but I'm kinda iffy on the laws and I can't actually hide it anywhere. To bring it along every time I'd step out of the vehicle I'd need a serious backpack for the weight of the SBR + mags and ammo.

Where as if I had a braced pistol it gives me a slightly longer barrel and more points of contact. Since I have zero experience with these things I originally thought maybe something like a Masterpiece Arms MPA30 (think micro Uzi or MAC10) but then thought that's probably not worth the move from a G19. Money spent for little to no gain. A 556 would pistol would be great but there's no where to hide one in a 07 4Runner. So the only thing in between was something like the Stribog. Overall around 16 inches with a telescopic brace, under a $G, and fairly light with a couple 30 round stick mags in a backpack

The other reason I wanted to stick with pistol instead of SBR is because if I get stopped anywhere it's still just a pistol
    My point is that a Super-short 556 with no ear pro will likely cause significant, immediate hearing damage. I wouldnt expect to hear anything after 1 or two shots. That makes it a no-go for me.

My skill level with handguns is high compared to rifles, so there is little benefit to me running a good pcc vs handgun. If you are significantly better with rifles/pcc, then it may make sense.

300blk makes sense because you get good termInal ballistics, sound isnt as big a problem, and is small. If that is too big, something like a tp9 could make sense - but again, if limited to semi, I have no reason to grab that vs pulling out a handgun from a holster.

1. Determine the size you need- folding stock ak 7.62 may fit?
    2. Determine what fits that size requirement
    3. Determine if it would give you a quantifiable advantage.

It seems if you need a gun, you need it now, so I focus on handgun-shooting heavily.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 05-19-20 at 13:13. Reason: Changed pistol to handgun for clarity.

Feedback Score
    I had a similar handgun vs AR debate for which is best for HD... ultimately went with getting an AR pistol (the BCM). Super excited to learn from the folks here.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567