Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taurus USA moves to Georgia

Feedback Score

Taurus USA moves to Georgia

Wonder if their QC will get any better?

"Taurus USA is holding a grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony on Dec. 5, 2019, for its new U.S. manufacturing facility and center of operations located in Bainbridge, GA. The firearm manufacturer’s move to Georgia follows an initial investment of more than $22.5 million in infrastructure and the creation of over 300 new jobs in Decatur County. The five-year plan foresees continued expansion in U.S. engineering and production for the Taurus, Rossi and Heritage product lines, and significant capital and resource investment in the Bainbridge area."

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ring-facility/
    Last edited by Slater; 01-27-20 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Weren't they in Florida already?

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    They were in Miami which for practical purposes is like being in New York city or east LA depending on what side of the street you are on.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Wonder if their QC will get any better?

"Taurus USA is holding a grand opening and ribbon-cutting ceremony on Dec. 5, 2019, for its new U.S. manufacturing facility and center of operations located in Bainbridge, GA. The firearm manufacturer’s move to Georgia follows an initial investment of more than $22.5 million in infrastructure and the creation of over 300 new jobs in Decatur County. The five-year plan foresees continued expansion in U.S. engineering and production for the Taurus, Rossi and Heritage product lines, and significant capital and resource investment in the Bainbridge area."

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...ring-facility/
    The property values in that community are going to plummet.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    The property values in that community are going to plummet.
    Been to Bainbridge lately? It can't do anything but help.

But maybe you are joking?

40 miles north of Tallahassee (and across a state line). Next closest notable towns are Valdosta and Dothan, both more than an hour drive away.

One son did an internship at a state park there and we visited. Counter people at the fast food place were excited to see outsiders in town.

Towns like this are struggling with the loss of US mfg, new investment and jobs are good.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I thought their headquarters was Miami but their junk, I mean guns, were made in Brazil.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    Been to Bainbridge lately? It can't do anything but help.

But maybe you are joking?

40 miles north of Tallahassee (and across a state line). Next closest notable towns are Valdosta and Dothan, both more than an hour drive away.

One son did an internship at a state park there and we visited. Counter people at the fast food place were excited to see outsiders in town.

Towns like this are struggling with the loss of US mfg, new investment and jobs are good.
    Taurus could cause the property value of the world's worst slum to plummet.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Boy what a bunch of snobs, Taurus is literally half or less of the price of the equivalent from a name company and maybe 3/4 of the gun. For some people that is enough, plus they come with a lifetime warranty, would I want to trust my life to one without seriously vetting it, no, but nowndays I will say the same about SIG, Glock, S&W or any other company as a great man once said "trust but verify".
    “The Trump Doctrine is ‘We’re America, Bitch.’ That’s the Trump Doctrine.”

"He is free to evade reality, he is free to unfocus his mind and stumble blindly down any road he pleases, but not free to avoid the abyss he refuses to see."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mack7.62 View Post
    Boy what a bunch of snobs, Taurus is literally half or less of the price of the equivalent from a name company and maybe 3/4 of the gun. For some people that is enough, plus they come with a lifetime warranty, would I want to trust my life to one without seriously vetting it, no, but nowndays I will say the same about SIG, Glock, S&W or any other company as a great man once said "trust but verify".
    I had the privilege of managing a gun store for 3 years, and we consistently sent pistols back to Taurus for warranty work. Over that same time frame I never had to send a pistol back to either Glock or Sig.

In my experience the lower end companies are the ones that offer lifetime warranties, and they do that to give the uneducated and unexperienced a false sense of quality. A used Glock doesn't cost much more than a similar new Taurus, and I would recommend the Glock over the Taurus all day long.

Now that I think about it, I would like to have two Taurus pistols. One to crap on and one to cover it up with.
    Last edited by TexHill; 01-28-20 at 16:51.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Active Self Protection features a lot of Brazilian firearms...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast