Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Better 11.5" suppressor host...Super Duty or MK2? (more details inside)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Yes,

Dedicated small port barrels work quite well for suppressed only use.

We did those first (CQB-S) and then moved to dedicated gas system configurations + corresponding gas ports (SB/SBT) for even better suppressed only performance .

The ideal gas system for dedicated suppressed use will always be longer than that for normal use.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Sionics, BRT, and Triarc have suppressor barrels, that's the only way I'd go to avoid gas to your face. I haven't shot them yet but from what I've seen they preform well.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Here's an example of the 10.75" URX4 hand guard on our 11.5" SB barrel.

This is the max length hand guard that still allows a sliver of exposed barrel and is really slick.

Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    Mine is being assembled now (suppressor won’t be a available for a long while), but have you considered getting an assembled upper from BRT? They have a suppressor only 11.5” that actually updates to a optimum gas tube length, as well; it is longer than Carbine.
    So I can’t speak to effectiveness, but it is a factory option that seems appealing enough to me.
    Black River Tactical

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

This is the max length hand guard that still allows a sliver of exposed barrel and is really slick.

Now that looks nice...

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post

IMHO, while the KAC URX4 is one of the best overall M-lok style handguard available, because of it's solid mounting system, staggered M-lok slots, a larger ID for better gas block clearance, and M-Lok accessory fastener clearance. Because of the larger ID the handguard is also farther away from the hot barrel and picks up less radiant heat from it. But, besides not having anti-rotational tabs to those who feel they are needed, in my experience, it is harder to attain a 40-50ft lb torque spec on the barrel install with this handguard. Also, it is usually much more difficult to change a gas tube with this handguard, when the gas block is red loctited, or pinned. Then, is some cases you still have to deal with a pin and welded or rocksetted muzzle device.
    Last edited by Biggy; 01-31-20 at 06:53.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Agreed.

It is more difficult to work with but one installed, is an excellent handguard.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    IMHO, while the KAC URX4 is one of the best overall M-lok style handguard available, because of it's solid mounting system, staggered M-lok slots, a larger ID for better gas block clearance, and M-Lok accessory fastener clearance. Because of the larger ID the handguard is also farther away from the hot barrel and picks up less radiant heat from it. But, besides not having anti-rotational tabs to those who feel they are needed, in my experience, it is harder to attain a 40-50ft lb torque spec on the barrel install with this handguard. Also, it is usually much more difficult to change a gas tube with this handguard, when the gas block is red loctited, or pinned. Then, is some cases you still have to deal with a pin and welded or rocksetted muzzle device.
    Black River Tactical

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123