Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Better 11.5" suppressor host...Super Duty or MK2? (more details inside)

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    I have a bcm 11.5” with a socom 556mini2.
    Its extremely gassy and will be getting a brt gas tube soon.
    If its 100% suppressed, id get a dedicated barrel.
    I have the full size SOCOM 556 and my 11.5" BCM, and it is very tolerable. I only notice gas to face after rapid strings.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Does that barrel have threads compatible with a Surefire mount for a 556 RC2?
    Yes, the optimum gas system version (OPTIMUM SB) uses standard 1/2-28 threads; they also have a carbine has option with a reduced gas port that I think has the 5/8 threading.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Following for tracking info
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    I have the full size SOCOM 556 and my 11.5" BCM, and it is very tolerable. I only notice gas to face after rapid strings.
    Yes- shot to shot is fine. 5 shots at .2-ish splits was the worst ive experienced.
    Drastically worse than my 14.5” centurion. It also runs with heavier spring and buffer.

I would not call it “overgassed” as its been 100%, but if you are trying to avoid gas to face with a silencer, seems there are better options.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I was gonna suggest looking at the BRT 11.5" Optimum Suppressor barrel with the 5/8-24 threads and tapered shoulder, but they're sold out! A friend got me one for Christmas and I'm pulling all the parts together I'll need to assemble the upper. Just need to get a direct thread endcap that'll mate the Omega to it and pull the money together for the handguard I want-
    http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...tegory=1852006

But BRT does have this 11.5" barrel in stock. It's the same except it has 1/2-28 threads and a square shoulder-
    http://www.blackrivertactical.com/co...tegory=1852006
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    I have new BCM 11.5 ELW with a .072 gas port.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Do not consider cost between the options listed.

All choices will be paired with:
    • Vltor A5 buffer system
    • SF Warcomp (well, the SD probably leave as is)
    • SF RC2
    • Choice of BCG, Geissele REBCG or LMT Enhanced
    • Choice of CH, PRI gas buster or G ACH

1. BCM MK2 11.5" BFH with MCMR-10
    2. Geissele Super Duty 11.5"
    3. BCM MK2 14.5" pinned MCMR-13 as wild card so I can use an already completed ready to go lower, no $200 stamp and waiting (haven't even started that paperwork), no 5320.20 BS for travel, and I don't own a 14.5 I'd run it without the suppressor too
    4. Other

I do already have an SBR lower so I could pull the trigger anytime on a short upper, it just wouldn't get its own dedicated foundation until I started and waited on and received the BS paperwork

I absolutely despise gas to the face.

The RC2 is in jail for God only knows how long so there's no need to pull the trigger anytime soon, likely.
    For option 4, I assume "other" means you are open to alternative suggestions to the setups you listed? I don't know what your budget for this will be, but my vote goes to:

- 11.5" KAC SR15 Mod 2 upper
    - Replace factory upper with BCM MK2 upper (keep Mod 2 barrel, bolt group, gas system components, and handguard)
    - Radian Raptor SD charging handle

I too hate gas in the face. The Mod 2's tend to be very well gassed by nature of their design. I've run mine with an SF Socom Mini 2 over their three prong flash hider, and it's been excellent. Only a slight amount of gas during extended strings of fire. I have it out to get the MK2 receiver installed. That, combined with the Radian charging handle, will likely eliminate that little bit of gas. The big thing for me with this type of setup is that it runs very well with or without the suppressor without any adjustments. That may or may not be a factor for you in determining whether to go with a dedicated suppressor optimized barrel or not.

Tspeis
    Last edited by Tspeis; 01-29-20 at 11:45.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    I would wait until we hear more about the Geissele Super Duty uppers, to be honest. Once they're in the wild and people have had a chance to shoot them (especially with a can, especially with the RC2), I'd ask again. As-is, I don't think anyone other than maybe Bill Geissele can answer questions about how, "gas-y," the Super Duty rifles and uppers are.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Sionics, BRT, and Triarc have suppressor barrels, that's the only way I'd go to avoid gas to your face. I haven't shot them yet but from what I've seen they preform well.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for all the thoughts, everybody. I know the Super Duty 11.5 with suppressor is pretty unknown at this point. I think I'll be able to get one 35% off though, which of course is tempting.

Right now 'other' is winning, by way of Black River Tactical

https://www.blackrivertactical.com/c...egory=20819268

A barrel and gas system specifically and explicitly optimized for running suppressed just sounds like a winner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast