Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The latest (and greatest) Mid East Peace Plan

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And the ComDems have accomplished what in the last 3 years? Other than disenfranchise, smear, berate and belittle 67 million Americans? And destroying our political institutions and trampling the Constitution?
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Ok, and?

Folks in the ME need to get over themselves in earnest or this never ending conflict BS, that we in particular keep sinking blood and treasure into, will never resolve itself.

It’s gotten beyond tiresome.
    I agree about the blood and treasure aspect, but the fact is that there is a high percentage of the population in the ME that just want to be left alone, and are pretty much innocent parties to the chaos.

This is more than Israel has ever agreed to, I hope there is some real arm twisting on going on behind the scenes to get the Palestinians on board.

If this gets done, it should be worth a Nobel.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    When I was in the Army, I deployed twice to Israel - 3 months the first time then 6 months the second time. Great place and great people. Other than rockets coming in from the Golan Heights, in some ways it was like being in the US. Advanced, highly educated population, many with family ties to the U.S. One family I got to know via their IDF soldier has a copy of the US Bill of Rights, framed, and hanging on the wall. Of any foreign Nation, these people are the closest to Americans you'll ever meet.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    Surely, this time it will work.

Feedback Score
    Never going to happen. The so called leadership of the palestinians is entirely dependent on being the "victims" of the Israelis. Remove that "victimhood" and they would have to stand or fall on their own merits. "Victimhood" makes them relevant, without it they become nothing
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A long time ago, I believe it was Rabin (I may be wrong) that essentially gave into every demand that Arafat wanted. Rabin only wanted peace and recognition of Israel. Arafat refused. The victimhood mentioned above plays a part if you are on the lower scale. But for the leaders it would mean a loss of international money and takes away their leverage and power. Arafat embezzled millions to his own account. He lived like a king. (Full disclosure: I was acquainted for a time with a guy that was Arafat's personal driver/bodyguard)
    Anyway, as long as Israel exists, there will never be peace. The Palestinians would rather live as they do than ever accept Israel. Culturally, they believe that they are God's chosen race as descendants of Abraham and the first born of Abraham (that gives us the modern Arab) has the greater claim than Isaac (that gives us the modern Jew). And yeah, they hold that belief dearly.
    Last edited by soulezoo; 01-28-20 at 20:35.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by soulezoo View Post
    A long time ago, I believe it was Rabin (I may be wrong) that essentially gave into every demand that Arafat wanted.
    Ehud Barak at Camp David with Clinton and the deviant Arafat.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Ehud Barak at Camp David with Clinton and the deviant Arafat.
    I stand corrected. I knew the story wasn't sure of the Israeli PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Delete, double tap.

Feedback Score
    What are the chances this is one last hoorah, and effort at diplomacy before we tell Bibi that he can annex everything, and unleash the IDF to clear out all the parasitic/psychotic leadership and other true believers, so there can actually be peace.

"We tried to play nice, we gave you one last chance, but you wouldn't listen.... We're done here, give Arafat our regards when you see him in hell"

I'm not sure why we've been tying their hands for so long.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast